What Could Be "Localization Censoring" (Unconfirmed)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latter two aren't so bad. They might stand out to some people, but they make enough sense in context.

The walk into Mordor one is actually kind of funny and cleverly placed considering you literally cannot go to a Mirage Spot without using the flute thing

The 9000 one is incredibly forced, even without taking into account that over 9000 jokes got old a long time back

although one thing I'll say

this, surprisingly enough, is kind of funny in context

nintendo (or whoever localizes/writes said Nintendo game) can occasionally make their dank memes somewhat funny (remember when Roy killed Roy) but most of the time they're pretty forced

Edited by maybe

If I remember correctly, they did show Amie on the Treehouse stream. While yes, it was the Japanese game since they demo was not complete up to that point in English, but I highly doubt they would show something publicly that they were going to censor.

I'm late, but you remember incorrectly. They didn't show it, they mostly walked around my castle. I don't think they even went to the 'my room'.

A few of those seem like they could be true (like some of the changes with Camilla), but most of them sound way too ridiculous to be true. I don't think they'd change marriage to "best friends" or children into random people. Makes pretty much zero sense. Also, changing Foleo to a girl would probably never happen.

XD if t

A few of those seem like they could be true (like some of the changes with Camilla), but most of them sound way too ridiculous to be true. I don't think they'd change marriage to "best friends" or children into random people. Makes pretty much zero sense. Also, changing Foleo to a girl would probably never happen.

If they did it would result in many gay marriages one of which that could spontaneously produce a son....

Edited by iavasechui

It amazes me that some people are actually considering this to be true.

Sweet Gerd, this thread...lmao

SO much. I mean, the fact people want some of that to be true is ridiculous. (except the cosplay thing. That would be legit wiggy)

...Why is this even posted? This is so obviously fake.

I'm not sure if you're remembering correctly; as far as I know, it hasn't been mentioned at all. (And I still think it's more likely than not that it has been removed; people at best have written it off as "lol widget feature", with many being weirded out.)

No. Its highly highly unlikely that they would remove the Amie feature. I doubt any features in the game are getting removed at all. I have no idea why the hell people keep thinking that. Its ridiculous.

Obviously IS worked on it. That is besides the point lol.

This game is bound to have some sort of censorship... unless it wants a M rating.. Most likely it'll end up with a T rating over here....

What on earth...? Are you hypersensitive or five years old? (or both) There is actually nothing in either three routes or My Castle to warrant an M rating. Nothing at all. If you honestly think that some scantily cladness is grounds for such and some occasional suggestive dialogue, then you need to really think about what actual M rated games have. (blood, nudity, heavy language, etc) The game will have a T rating with Suggestive Themes and Fantasy Violence (and possibly something like Alcohol Mention) and thats it.

The fact that there was even made a topic for this made me laugh te most.

No shit.

What on earth...? Are you hypersensitive or five years old? (or both) There is actually nothing in either three routes or My Castle to warrant an M rating. Nothing at all. If you honestly think that some scantily cladness is grounds for such and some occasional suggestive dialogue, then you need to really think about what actual M rated games have. (blood, nudity, heavy language, etc) The game will have a T rating with Suggestive Themes and Fantasy Violence (and possibly something like Alcohol Mention) and thats it.

I honestly do not care what rating it gets (I'm all for it, and will buy it), but this game sure isn't going to be rated E for everyone. No idea why you're so angry lol, so calm down. Please. And to be clear, I only said it may be given a M rating because the Japanese game was rated CERO C in Japan. Which is pretty/usually equivalent to a M rating over here (not always for games but it may be in this case.) Thanks.

You think im angry? Thats funny. Im more annoyed at the general call for censorship when there isnt really a need for it. Whats going to be localized, are things that make meaning a lot clearer for western audiences and maybe some fine tuning in characterization. They arent gonna cover up Camilla. They arent gonna cover up any of the other characters or class designs. They arent going to remove features from the game. They arent going to give this game an M rating because literally nothing in it calls for that.

but this game sure isn't going to be rated E for everyone.

Who the fuck ever thought it would be? Awakening wasnt rated E and it sold like hot cakes. You know what will make this game NOT sell like hot cakes? An M rating. Nintendo isnt dumb, they arent going to have this game rated M internationally. The Amie feature alone does not warrant that. Also, the Japanese dialogue in that feature is a little risqué, but localization is going to tone it down so its simply "a wee bit suggestive". The hot springs in My Castle arent even lewd.

Localizing is not exactly the same as censorship. And honestly, if people think that this game is just too mature for them, maybe they should play something else.

I've said it before, and will say it again: there's no way this game is getting an M rating. If Project X Zone and BlazBlue can get a T rating, this sure as heck will.

No. Its highly highly unlikely that they would remove the Amie feature. I doubt any features in the game are getting removed at all. I have no idea why the hell people keep thinking that. Its ridiculous.

Highly unlikely that they would remove a feature that (a) hasn't been shown off or mentioned at all, even though they had the chance to do so (Treehouse day 1 went over My Castle, but avoided My Room), (b) is very culturally dependent ("skinship", though not to the full extent shown in the game, isn't unheard of in Japan), and © is already infamous, with many people weirded out by it?

Will a few people whine about it? Sure; it's the internet. But very little sleep (or sales; if anything, they'll gain some) will be lost over it.

I may be wrong on this, but I think it's very possible they'll cut it.

Edited by The DanMan

I was being sarcastic about the 'rated E for everyone' thing lol, obviously it won't be (I don't care if it is or isn't anyhow.) And I hope it isn't censored in anyway at all, the game seems fine to me the way it is. But everyone else has their opinions. Just because I don't see something as a big deal, others may feel completely the opposite. But in the end it's however the localization/censorship/what have you deal with the game before it releases here. And people can complain about it once it finally releases (I mean, there's always critics but w/e.)

I've said it before, and will say it again: there's no way this game is getting an M rating. If Project X Zone and BlazBlue can get a T rating, this sure as heck will.

Highly unlikely that they would remove a feature that (a) hasn't been shown off or mentioned at all, even though they had the chance to do so (Treehouse day 1 went over My Castle, but avoided My Room), (b) is very culturally dependent ("skinship", though not to the full extent shown in the game, isn't unheard of in Japan), and © is already infamous, with many people weirded out by it?

Will a few people whine about it? Sure; it's the internet. But very little sleep (or sales; if anything, they'll gain some) will be lost over it.

I kinda doubt it. If they didnt showcase it, it doesnt mean its not there. And its not like people internationally dont play otome, come on.

I was being sarcastic about the 'rated E for everyone' thing lol, obviously it won't be (I don't care if it is or isn't anyhow.) And I hope it isn't censored in anyway at all, the game seems fine to me the way it is. But everyone else has their opinions. Just because I don't see something as a big deal, others may feel completely the opposite. But in the end it's however the localization/censorship/what have you deal with the game before it releases here. And people can complain about it once it finally releases (I mean, there's always critics but w/e.)

When censorship is brought into a discussion, censorship doesnt deal with individual opinions. To claim something needs to be censored, you are making a claim that people would find it objectively offensive or naughty, therefore necessitating it being removed or changed. By saying "X must be censored" it assumes its a big enough deal that collective outcry is anticipated. Kinda doubt Camilla's jugs fall into that category or much else for that matter.

I kinda doubt it. If they didnt showcase it, it doesnt mean its not there. And its not like people internationally dont play otome, come on.

I think they didn't showcase it because they weren't even done developing much for the English games at that moment, plus they were focusing more on the actual gameplay. So it would make sense why they wouldn't show it.

I hope you are lol. It's a 50/50 chance I guess...

I think they didn't showcase it because they weren't even done developing much for the English games at that moment, plus they were focusing more on the actual gameplay. So it would make sense why they wouldn't show it.

I hope you are lol. It's a 50/50 chance I guess...

You may be right about that. Id imagine that the voice acting and localizing of dialogue in that, wasnt exactly a priority so it got done last.

I would be very happy if they cut all the "My Room" things from the main game and put it as free DLC

....you do know you can literally remove My Room from My Castle, right?

You guys know that...

...right?