So what should I buy Fate's SE, or Xenoblade X and Undertale (solved)

Locke087

Okay so I am getting Fate Conquest no matter what (because it's gameplay sound like actual fire emblem versus awakening) but right now I only got about 80 buck to spend right now and I was going to use it to buy Undertale and Xenoblade X (when add tax this just a little more then enough the 70 tag would not leave enough for undertale), but when I started the fate SE preorder actual go away in like a day's time I saw that next time the it goes up I have to buy it so I can't wait tell enough money again...

I could ask of Xenoblade X for christmas but then I would not have enough time to play it before college starts and the game is just to long otherwise so...

I am tore...

Edited by Locke087

Do you have any sort of income? You shouldn't get charged for the SE of Fates until the game dispatches, so you should have until then to pay it off. If you don't, then I'd personally just go with Xenoblade Chronicles X. I will echo Refa, though: are you interested in Birthright and Revelation? 'Cause if you aren't, I don't see the point in getting the SE unless you really want the artbook

I would go with XenoX, FE doesn't come out for a while and if you are only interested in one path the SE is not really for you. If you really want all three paths then get the SE otherwise just get the path you want when it comes out.

Like others have said, if you're unsure that you will like Birthright and Revelations, you should probably skip the Collector's Edition and pick up Undertale and XCX, since it seems like you'll need all the time you can get if you want to enjoy the massive world of XCX. Also, unless you really want to have all 3 versions on a physical cartridge as well as the art book, you can still get the all the FE Fates game for about the same price as the CE later on.

No reason to get the SE pack if you're only interested in the Conquest storyline unless you absolutely MUST have to have the artbook and the N3DS XL pouch.

Birthright is basically Awakening in terms of gameplay and Revelations is basically Conquest but with Birthright's grinding allowed (and perhaps some Awakening story cheese).

I can't say anything for Xenoblade X or Undertale as I don't play those 2 games but I've heard that they're good so you may want to prioritize those over Fates since Fates doesn't come out until February 19th.

Edited by Roflolxp54

XenoX. You're gonna need all the time you can get to even scratch the surface of that game. And you won't be getting Fates til mid February regardless.

ya I otherwise it might take me a century to finish too finish the dang thing

Do you have any sort of income? You shouldn't get charged for the SE of Fates until the game dispatches, so you should have until then to pay it off. If you don't, then I'd personally just go with Xenoblade Chronicles X. I will echo Refa, though: are you interested in Birthright and Revelation? 'Cause if you aren't, I don't see the point in getting the SE unless you really want the artbook

no I am just carefully budgeted, I must have self control, I cannot buy everything I want.

so I don't preorder like ever (I am against preorders as a rule but this is the only way to get all 3 bundled together)... especially online so I don't know how it works, so does this apply for Amazon and so forth, do I just add my card and it only charges on the day I know this is how it work in stores I didn't know if this how it worked online... and to be clear I liked Awakening cause i like turn based strategy games I just didn't love it.... so I will like birthright as long as I can play with made up rules but I will only play it once max if I make it though... I just don't like the idea of having only 1/3 of a game, even it if I don't like the rest of it...

No reason to get the SE pack if you're only interested in the Conquest storyline unless you absolutely MUST have to have the artbook and the N3DS XL pouch.

Birthright is basically Awakening in terms of gameplay and Revelations is basically Conquest but with Birthright's grinding allowed (and perhaps some Awakening story cheese).

I can't say anything for Xenoblade X or Undertale as I don't play those 2 games but I've heard that they're good so you may want to prioritize those over Fates since Fates doesn't come out until February 19th.

wait... does Revelation actually play well, I heard it was the worst of the three people calling it gimmick emblem or something...

Like others have said, if you're unsure that you will like Birthright and Revelations, you should probably skip the Collector's Edition and pick up Undertale and XCX, since it seems like you'll need all the time you can get if you want to enjoy the massive world of XCX. Also, unless you really want to have all 3 versions on a physical cartridge as well as the art book, you can still get the all the FE Fates game for about the same price as the CE later on.

Hopefully it is about the same price, is the SE only 10 bucks less right? but there that part of me that says if I end up the other parts down the line anyways I could have had a art book too ... but then there is part of me that says I will not like the other two parts and payed higher then console prices for a handheld game...

basically I just need people to talk me off the edge I shouldn't buy the special edition but I can't help but want it...

wait... does Revelation actually play well, I heard it was the worst of the three people calling it gimmick emblem or something...

Well, Revelations involves the player trying to bring the 2 sides together just to defeat some greater evil, which is known to be a cheesy storyline.

From what I've heard, the map difficulty is similar to Conquest's. However, you don't have the issue of having limited funds and experience outside of DLC, not to mention that you get almost the entire character roster of both paths, 1 exclusive supportable character, and both Hoshido and Nohr weapons. This makes Revelations harder than Birthright and easier than Conquest.

Of course, you can always choose not to grind at all.

Hopefully it is about the same price, is the SE only 10 bucks less right? but there that part of me that says if I end up the other parts down the line anyways I could have had a art book too ... but then there is part of me that says I will not like the other two parts and payed higher then console prices for a handheld game...

$40 for 1 path, and $20 each for the other 2 story paths as DLC for a total of $80 basically. Not to mention that you'd need some space on your SD card for those other 2 story paths (and for the first path if you don't intend to buy a retail cartridge of it).

Basically, the SE has better value than buying the full game (1 path) and the 2 other paths as DLC thanks to the artbook and 3DS pouch and that you can save a lot of SD card space.

Edited by Roflolxp54

no I am just carefully budgeted, I must have self control, I cannot buy everything I want.

That's a positive attitude, I'd say just get Xenoblade X and Undertale.

Plus, I'm seconding some of the others, you may not even want to play every Fates campaign. Seeing if you'll enjoy it should be the priority, unless you know you really want them all.