Fire Emblem 11 SOYO Draft, Or CABBAGE Units for CABBAGE People

Once I found out about a SOYO draft a few days ago, I felt the need to do one for the universally panned FE11. A lot of the units in this game range from God to Dan Hibiki, with many of them being mostly average and on the whole forgettable. Seeing as though both SOYO drafts are for FE4, The rules for this one will differ slightly.

1. This is a 4 player draft.
2. Marth, Xane, Gotoh, and Jagen are useable always.
3. SOYO is Screw Over Your Opponent, which means your opponents can choose your units. Being that this is FE11, some units are far worse than others.
4. Undrafted units must surrender their weapons if their recruitment is necessary, and cannot engage the enemy in combat in the instance of holding off the enemy. What undrafted units can do is recruit drafted characters (Lena and Caeda) and also meatshield to protect recruited drafted units (Dolph, Boah, Midia, Tomas, and Macellan).

4x. Killing undrafted enemy units is encouraged, and no penalty for letting thieves destroy villages with undrafted characters.

4xx. 5 turn penalty for Merric and Linde recruiting if using Excalibur and/or Aura.
5. Hard 1 to even out Marth and the cavs.

6. Warp use is banned.
7.Nagi is useable by those not forced to use Tiki.
8. Reclass is only allowed to fill a slot not filled by another class type, and Sedgar and Wolf cannot reclass.
9. Arena abuse is banned.
10. Replacement units are allowed until you can replace them with actual units.

11. The one with the lowest turn count wins.

Players:

1. Hylian Air Force

2. Lopey

3. gabethegreen

4.TempestStorm

[spoiler=Teams]

Teams:

Lopey (Team Chip Damage) - Bantu, Midia, Arran, Beck, Jake, Boah, Est, Caesar, Wendell, Wolf, Castor, Caeda
Tempest (Team NU Tier) - Matthis, Wrys, Dolph, Tiki, Jeorge, Bord, Hardin, Gordin, Lena, Abel, Sedgar, Cain
Gabe (Team Prisonyard) - Macellan, Tomas, Samson, Maria, Roshea, Minerva, Darros, Navarre, Palla, Draug, Merric
Air (Team Superspeed) - Elice, Lorenz, Roger, Rickard, Vyland, Astram, Radd, Linde, Cord, Catria, Julian, Barst

Edited by Hylian Air Force

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh... would have joined, but no reclass and already in 2 other drafts, and honestly I'd say Jagen should be free over Julian.

No reclass really screws over people without magic and/or mounts. As much as I hate reclassing, banning it over Wolf (and possibly being able to have 10 terrible cavs run through a chapter?) seems asinine. Why not just ban Wolf and Sedgar from reclassing to General and Hero? If I get fairly far in the randomized fe6 and fe7 drafts I'm in by Saturday and you need a guy, I *might* join.

Edited by TempestStorm

Better yet, the rules make it so that the gaidens aren't accessible, and you take a penalty if Darros recruits himself.

Fix up the rules a bit (perhaps random reclass over no reclassing), and I'll think about it, since I'm a huge sucker for FE11.

I'll join but I feel like you should remove the ban on reclassing and just limit it so my drafter won't give me all Bow-locked/ Non combat units. Also like TempestStorm said it's better to have Jagen free rather than Julian because keys are buyable in multiple locations.

The issue I have is the "cannot move" part, because in order to get to the gaiden chapters, units need to die. . .and in order for them to die, especially in later chapters, they need to be fielded and moved (this also makes Norne nonexistent). The "cannot move" part also screws over whoever drafts the prisoners in Chapter 12.

Lastly, whoever drafts Lena the fastest will win. Warp is ridiculously good in this game.

Can you explain the reclass limit? Like is it 1+your drafted amount (giving everybody 2 cavs total at the least for example) or just 1 total if undrafted (giving people a free dark mage if they didn't get one)?

As for the rules, banning warp might be in order to balance it a bit (turning the last 4 picks into Caeda, Frey, Abel and Cain most likely unless Merric is too good, instead of netting somebody easy warp plus one of them)

Also I suggest putting a 20 turns free limit on gaidens, and making the prologue free till x turns, where x is a fair number to allow killing off units. And as with killing units, it should be free as long as it doesn't interfere with completing the chapter (so no legit meatshielding, no pot shotting a 1-2 range boss as an unarmed soaks the hits, etc). OR you can make the gaidens forced and just turn "no moving" into "no interfering with chapter completion if avoidable"

The standard rule for FE11 SOYOs is that a player picks characters for another and gives them specific classes. e.g. eclipse gives Hylian Air Force Archer -> Swordmaster Elice and she mustn't see drafted use in any other classes, except for when reclass doesn't exist yet. (I don't know the specifics about how reclass is limited, you can look them up somewhere)

Also Marth can get prologue grinded and cheese normal mode, I think he doesn't need more than Jagen to get minimum turns in earlygame? H1 would solve that.

The problem with what you said, Gradivus, is that I wanted Frey and Norne available to be drafted. Also, reclass comes in sets, with cavalier, Pegasus knight, Archer, mage, cleric, and myrmidon sharing one set, and Fighter, Pirate, Mercenary, Knight, Hunter, and Dark Mage in another.

The problem with what you said, Gradivus, is that I wanted Frey and Norne available to be drafted.

I don't get how two units matter more than the big decrease in difficulty (really, feeding Marth a lot of kills in the prologue isn't hard and makes most of the game quite easy). That's also the reason H1 is the standard difficulty for FE11 drafts, the normal mode ones in 2011 or something just all got 133 turns (minimum w/o ballista critting medeus) easily.

Also, reclass comes in sets, with cavalier, Pegasus knight, Archer, mage, cleric, and myrmidon sharing one set, and Fighter, Pirate, Mercenary, Knight, Hunter, and Dark Mage in another.

The rule still works out. Class A units can only be drafted as myrmidons, archer, mage, cleric, cav or pegasus knight (and the promoted counterparts), whereas the class B units may only be B classes, which doesn't mess things up.

EDIT: What I meant by not knowing the limits is that I don't recall the SOYO rule for how many units per class are allowed, worded it confusingly. I do know the reclass system.

Edited by Gradivus.

I'm allowing reclass mechanics as normal except Wolf and Sedgar because they totally cheese the difficulty. On your request, I did up the difficulty even if it means Frey and Norne can't be forced on people. I devised this very late at night and was tired this morning. As for the other people choosing the reclass, this is meant to be hard, not Ragefest.

At this point, my only real issue in the rules is the same one Eclipse has, undrafteds being unable to move. I'd honestly just change the "undrafted units cannot move" to "Undrafted units may not be used to meatshield in an attempt to save turns" (This covers killing them off to reach gaidens without effecting the point of the run. Most people won't want to hit the gaidens they don't need to anyway, unless they desperately need levels). If you don't have a 4th person by Saturday, or are willing to wait until then to run a 5 man draft, I'll join.

Dude, why in the inclusion of 4xx even necessary? If you haven't drafted Merric or Linde that's a decent reason to recruit them.

Also, it would make more sense to format the rules like the normal draft rules with a penalties section among other things.

Having a unit list makes it easier to see who is left to draft and save we draft participants from doing extra work.

If I recruit Merric, it's to recruit Wendell, because he comes with amazing swag.

I realized this also makes killing the Wolfguard a pain in the neck (the most viable spots are near the throne on Chapter 5 and most of Chapter 6), but the rules are an improvement.

In Chapter 12, the units in the cell can die if they can't be reached fast enough. You are able to position those 5 units so that they can protect them, at least until they die. What you cannot do is have units block entrances to castles to occupy reinforcements from the rear if they are unarmed and undrafted. If armed and drafted, they can wall the reinforcements until they don't show up anymore.

Will update OP then randomize draft order.

Edit: The draft order will be:

gabethegreen->Lopey

Hylian Air Force->TempestStorm

TempestStorm->gabethegreen

Lopey->Hylian Air Force

First up, gabethegreen choosing for Lopey.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

[spoiler=Available Units]

Available units:

Abel

Cain

Gordin

Draug

Caeda

Wrys

Ogma

Barst

Bord