How Did You Get Into Fire Emblem

KawaiiPersona

The ambassador program on 3DS gave me sacred stones, I played and beat it about 4 times in the span of a month,then I joined this site and people recommended me to play some other games like Blazing Sword, over the course of a little less than a year I grew to love this franchise, and it became my second favourite franchise.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, like half of the people on this thread, started when I was playing Brawl where Marth was my main. Thus, I bought Shadow Dragon, and while the permanent death peeved me, the game impressed me with how it actually made me think. I didn't get to play a game again until I got Blazing Sword on virtual console, but that's where the series really hooked me. Now I'm just another big FE fan whose fretting over how Blazing Sword is the only game in the series I've fully finished.

alright I feel like adding a one more thing to my thoroughly unimpressive story of "I bought Awakening I liked it I liked Fire Emblem"

despite the fact that I didn't mention it I first heard about the series through Smash Bros. like basically everyone else

I looked at the trophies in Brawl wondering what some characters were from

I saw that Marth was from a game called Fire Emblem, that was only in Japan

I was kinda sad that I couldn't play the game

I then saw Lyn's trophy, that was also from a game called Fire Emblem, that was released in the US!

But... I thought it was kinda strange how one of them was released in the US and the other wasn't. I legitimately thought something along the lines of "why would they give the same name to a different game that they released here."

now I wasn't like actively planning on playing the game so this didn't actually affect anything in my decision to buy the game but it made me sort of lean more towards playing the game Ike was in, especially since that one was on the Gamecube, since giving a game a name like that.... I don't know, it just feels like they're tricking you. Like, how many of you thought that was the first Fire Emblem game?

ironically enough, I ended up enjoying the former game more, although I did eventually play both. I do remember at one point actually looking up Path of Radiance and seeing screenshots and maybe even checking a price but... I never ended up buying it.

Edited by maybe

I unlocked Marth in Brawl long, long ago. I didn't give him a second thought. (I was a little kid of 9-10: I hated Pokémon as I had more Pokémon then Mario trophies. Shallow hate was shallow.) Time passed. The Ambassador Program happened. A few months later I downloaded FE8. I loved it. I played it. I failed miserably. I got stuck on Chapter 15 for ages. Then I finished it and got Awakening a few months afterwards. I was on Normal-Casual and still failed miserably: I had to grind. GRIND! I finished eventually while wasting loads of EXP on Donnel and not reclassing Robin until all the gaidens were said and done, along with giving him -Spd. Yeah.

Fast forward to summer 2014, when FE7 was released on the Eshop. I downloaded it. I failed horribly. I cleared it without too much trouble, though. The EXP spread was way too thin, though. Still a problem... Then I got an FE6 rom and that was the point I think I went FE-crazy. Through the next few months, I also finished FE4, which was always on my mind at the time. And this summer, I joined the forest. Phew.

Oh, It was in 2005, after Sacred Stones was released... At the time, I was joking with my mom and asked for a GBA game, I thought she will ignore it, but then she said "Which one?" , so I showed her a magazine with an article of Golden Sun.

Next day, when she come back of her job, she give me the game... But it wasn't Golden Sun, it was Sacred Stones! And she told me she forgot the name, but remembered it was something related to "Fire" (Yeah Sun and Fire LoL) and it had a picture of character with a sword, so yeah...

And that was how it happened, never played Golden Sun, but I played nearly all of the Fire Emblem games... And thanks to Fire Emblem, I started to play Smash too

Oh, It was in 2005, after Sacred Stones was released... At the time, I was joking with my mom and asked for a GBA game, I thought she will ignore it, but then she said "Which one?" , so I showed her a magazine with an article of Golden Sun.

Next day, when she come back of her job, she give me the game... But it wasn't Golden Sun, it was Sacred Stones! And she told me she forgot the name, but remembered it was something related to "Fire" (Yeah Sun and Fire LoL) and it had a picture of character with a sword, so yeah...

And that was how it happened, never played Golden Sun, but I played nearly all of the Fire Emblem games... And thanks to Fire Emblem, I started to play Smash too

Funny story that's the exact same way I ended up playing Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past (I had asked for Minish Cap)

It was like 8 or 9 years ago where my 2 brothers got GBA SP. I kept watching them play FE:BS everyday, argue with each other about units and characters' recruitment. So, I became highly interested in FE and asked my brother to let me play it but he wouldn't let me saying it was hard and if a unit dies he's gone forever and things like that. After few days, my brother gave me FE -after he had beaten it- so I played it and fell in love with it.
Edit: I meant Binding Blade not Blazing Sword. I always mix them since BS is a prequel to BB

Edited by BeMine96

back in like 2008 i played Advance Wars: Dual Strike and i loved it, when i heard that Fire Emblem was a similar series made by the same people i wanted to get in on that ASAP, so i bought Shadow Dragon... and it took me like, four years to beat it 'cause i'm bad at video games.... after i finished it i played Sacred Stones, Awakening, New Mystery of the Emblem, and Blazing Sword but really it wasn't until i played Genealogy of the Holy War back in january that i really got into it

This is a long story, maybe. Gonna spoiler this

I was Like 6 years old at the time, got a gcn for Christmas, it is/was silver. One of the games i got was SSBM. Was okay at it. Eventually unlocked Merf and Roi but i didn't know what they were from. Had no idea FE existed.

Didn't play any of the games because i didn't have a GBA and I'm a poor boy who doesn't know moom runes.

Eventually ssbb came out. Got it soon after it came out. I was like 11 i think? Anyway Mart was there and i was like "hey cool, but where's Ray, and who is this Aike, ah well he seems cool." Still didn't play it.

Eventually shadow dragon came around and i was like "that's math's game right? Cool." I got it. Enjoyed it but didn't finish it at the time.

Played roms of the gba games but wasn't in love. Eventually found Path of Radiance at a local farmer's market for cheap (twenty bucks). Loved it. was stupid enough to think that the newest game, awakening, was going to be the oot of fe.

Fun fact said disc of ssbm still works. My fe11 cartridge doesn't anymore though it seems. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Played the demo of Awakening and really liked it so of course some time along the line I soon got Awakening and couldn't put it down at all. I absolutely love this series so much thanks to Awakening. I'e started playing the GBA games recently to hold out the wait for Fates by a little.

My dad had bought FE7 at a yard sale when I was like 9 and I wanted to give it a try. I picked up where it left off which was like Ch 30 so it wasn't a fun experience constantly getting killed(didn't really understand how severe losing units were). So I had to start fresh and look up guides for the game to get a better understanding. As I read more about Fire Emblem, I started to get really interested in the plot and side plots of other characters as well. Then I explored the other Fire Emblem games and I was hooked into the series itself.

I was into playing Marth in Super Smash Bros. since Melee, though my first Fire Emblem experience wasn't until a few years back when my dad let me pick out a handheld game to keep me busy during a week long vacation. I saw Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and ended up spending a week familiarizing myself pretty intensively with how the basics of Fire Emblem worked. It was a pretty fun time and definitely got me interested in other games. I actually managed to get copies of and play both of Ike's games by the time Awakening came out, and after Awakening I ended up playing through any other games I could manage.

From Blazing Sword to Sacred Stones, and then to every japanese game I could successfully emulate... it was a pretty crazy experience marathoning all of that.

I've experienced every game in the series save for Sword of Seals now, and most of them were pretty enjoyable. I can get into the strategic gameplay pretty well, though story and characters are a pretty big deal for me with Fire Emblem. If the story doesn't sit well and I can't like many of its characters, (a thing that's happened only like twice), then I consider it kind of a failure as far as being an enjoyable game for me.

Hilariously enough though, I actually lost interest pretty hard in Fire Emblem a couple of times. The second time was after playing Blazing Sword, but the first was actually when I found out New Mystery of the Emblem wasn't being localized. When Awakening was announced, I assumed we were just never going to get new Fire Emblem games again in the US. But then I was told it came out one day and was just "What do you mean Awakening came out??" and ended up quickly getting it off the eshop. That was an adventure.

Long before starting The Tanooki, I was already following daily Nintendo news by late 1999 and early 2000. Specifically, I had been a Sega fan for most of the '90s, and though I really wanted a Dreamcast, I started keeping up with news on the upcoming competitors Nintendo Dolphin and PlayStation 2. I don't remember the details off the top of my head, but I believe it was at Space World 2000 where Nintendo revealed the GameCube, and the latest Smash Bros. game – Melee – was playable at E3 2001. I enjoyed the Nintendo 64 game very much, so I kept a keen eye out for Smash Bros. news. As new characters were revealed, I was intrigued at some of the ones I was unfamiliar with. Just like I did with Ness and Samus from the first Smash Bros., I proceeded to look up the new characters in Melee that I had previously been unaware of, and that included Marth and Roy. In my research, I discovered a series that very much captured my interest. When the game finally launched, I naturally gravitated towards those characters (I had been a Link main in the 64 version, but didn't like his slow speed). Initially I mained Marth, but ended up having much more fun with Roy. I started following Fire Emblem news before Melee came out, including the fact that Roy had been included in Melee before actually appearing in a Fire Emblem game. Unfortunately, that game never came out in the West, but as no previous FE game did either, I wasn't particularly surprised or disappointed... but I was ECSTATIC when Rekka no Ken (aka FE7) was announced to be coming Stateside as Fire Emblem. This was back when I was still at an age when I had my parents buy games for me, so I didn't pre-order, but I do remember asking them to take me to the mall the afternoon of the day the game came out to go buy it. I believe it was only my fourth "Day 1" purchase, after the Game Boy Advance, GameCube, and Melee/Pikmin (which I count together since they came out on the same day). The rest is history.