HHM multiple challenges run

PKL

The year is 19xx. Everyone grinds Nils to TAS levels of perfection. Drafts are now solely determined by pick order, so the Random.org manipulation metagame has advanced to an entirely new level. The drafters wave their hands in the air to change the atmospheric noise, the list is randomized, and that's the draft.

Wow dude, that's pretty intense. Now you'll have a nightmare trying to figure out how to optimize Chapter 15 for best results (unless you're just better than me at that stuff, which I hope for your sake you are)

Best of luck with the rest of this run, will be following!

By the way, what were the odds on that Rebecca dodge?

Rebecca is the real MVP of this run. Move over, Hector and Guy.

EDIT Serra can maintain a convincing second place position, though.

Edited by Refa

• 4 weeks later...

4 videos today because why not.

The super improvised strats continue haha. I was sad that I didnt get the Dracoshield, it wouldve helped a bit, but it wouldve been kinda risky to kill the boss with anyone that isnt Oswin and he was busy. I make a bunch of mistakes in this chapter.

This chapter was a bit of a pain. I had a strategy in mind from the beginning and didnt take into account that my Hector is kinda bad so he ended up getting to the throne very slowly. I decided to use the cavaliers because Lyn and Wil alone couldn't handle their side. Here I get Lyn and Wil. Wil is definetely hitting the bench but I might try to use Lyn to bosskill if her stats cooperate.

Chapter 16 is completed in 12 turns

Edited by PKL

This chapter was a lot better. I think Hector on foot gets to the throne 10 turns or so full moving every turn, so 12 turns here isnt too bad. I couldn't get the Hero Crest and I almost lost C17x and had to restart because I didn't plan the chapter beyond the first, like, 2 turns or so. Here I get Raven and Lucius, 2 units that are very likely to be used since they're pretty good. Though Guy is like a better Raven in this type of playthrough, so we'll see if he can catch up to him or if having 2 swordies pays off.

Chapter 17 is completed in 12 turns

Guy for MVP of the run. Enough said. Here I get Canas, 1-2 range is more valuable than ever since hand axes and javelins can't be used. Expect both Lucius and Canas to be used.

Chapter 17x is completed in 6 turns

I just realized today that i failed the challenge. I forgot the rout defend maps rule was a thing :/. So i failed in ch15. Welp

Edited by PKL

Don't worry about it, not a big deal. I think I speak for all of us that we're very impressed with what you've got done so far, and I would certainly like to see you continue the thing further, perhaps dropping that rule.

I'm honestly not sure it's possible to rout Chapter 15 entirely under your ruleset unless you kill Sealen really early (which you can't do under your ruleset since no Marcus/Lowen and no Hand Axe). Actually, maybe you could do it but a bit slower if you move Erk there (Hector can't get there quickly enough EDIT: oh and no Hand Axes anyway, I forgot)? But I imagine he would get absolutely massacred by all the other enemies, and you're not burning RNs either, so this looks pretty impossible to me.

Edited by ruadath