Corrin/Kamui in Smash

Limstella

Ever since the initial trailer, I've been spending time on Smashboards hyping over the DLC release. Considering how little I care about Corrin as a character withing Fates, I'm really excited to use him in Smash, so I decided to drop by and see what you folks at SerenesForest think of it.

I haven't been seeing nearly as much salt over Corrin as you'd think. I guess even the saltiest of sword-haters can see how Corrin's Dragon Fang sets him apart from the rest of the cast. In fact, I've seen a lot of people who claimed to have been upset initially, but changed their mind after seeing how different his moveset is. The only people who are upset at this point are those that think that FE shouldn't have 6 reps, they even a lot of them have quieted down now that they've had time to get over the shock.

This is good. Complaining about Smash roster decisions doesn't make it any funner for anyone.

Edited by Zachmac

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Corrin's almost here, how much do you guy's think opinion on Corrin's inclusion has changed outside SF? We know we're cool with it, but I remember everyone getting all up in arms over Corrin's initial announcement (and boy, that was the worst possible week for the internet to be filled with negativity).

I see a lot of people looking at his potential to be a good Fire Emblem character rather than the mid to low tier ones they have had so far. There are still a lot of haters over his inclusion, but I think most have gotten over it and are looking forward to a really unique fighter.

I see a lot of people looking at his potential to be a good Fire Emblem character rather than the mid to low tier ones they have had so far. There are still a lot of haters over his inclusion, but I think most have gotten over it and are looking forward to a really unique fighter.

Robin was thought to be top-tier pre-release.

Now, after steady buffs over several patches, he's pretty middle of the road.

People thought Roy could potentially be top tier at first.

Now he's considered about upper-mid/lower-high.

I don't see Corrin bucking the trend.

Edited by The DanMan

Possibly, but at the same time I think people are really overlooking the character at the moment because of Bayonetta.

Duh.

Anyway, have something:

w6TQmkw.jpg

If this means what I think it means, then we have another recovery option, I guess.

Welp, that answers that qestion.

Now we need to know what you can do out of jump from that...

I see Corrin joining Ike in lower high tier if not going higher personally.

Also Bayonetta is currently looking to have a frame 9 grab and jab, which is horrible for her if its true. Her neutral game is gonna suffer majorly.

Edited by Jedi

11:44 PM Kalierdarke said: So Nairo apparently said Corrin's >b can only be used once in the air

11:56 PM Kalierdarke said: Also the bite from DFS shield breaks at full charge

11:56 PM Kalierdarke said: Nairo is streaming right now and answering questions

11:59 PM Kalierdarke said: shielding/rolling/spot dodging DFS at close range seems like a very bad idea because of that

12:03 AM Kalierdarke said: also DL is apparently not a command grab. sad day

12:25 AM Fernando said: SH nair, bair, and fair all auto cancel according to nairo

1:18 AM Snake55wildcat said: that sounds awesome, oh wow

1:22 AM euklyd (FE) said: yessss I have validation in my "those look like nice autocancels"

fun times

e: ftr this is the corrin discord chat; if you want to join I can drop a link or s/t

Edited by Euklyd

And now my suspicions about Corrin's VA were confirmed as he's voiced by none other than Liquid Snake (Cam Clarke). Fem Corrin is Moira Burton from Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Or if you're more familiar with League, Fem Corrin is Kindred (Maria Lentz-Pope).

Edited by Naui

I can confirm that Corrin has the shittiest recovery in the game next to Little Mac's. I couldn't ever recover with her at all. I don't like a character that can't recover, so I'm not using her anymore. I'm really mad too, because it means I've wasted my money on her.

heads up none of her throws seem to combo

I can confirm that Corrin has the shittiest recovery in the game next to Little Mac's. I couldn't ever recover with her at all. I don't like a character that can't recover, so I'm not using her anymore. I'm really mad too, because it means I've wasted my money on her.

If you can manage to dragon lunge into the side of a stage you probably have a good recovery chance if the image above is to be belived

They can be good for tag teams given that they have a projectile stun with their neutral b and their side b has that pin. Also the range on their side b and forward smash are pretty good for out ranging. Plus their side smash actually deals damage if the enemy is too close while charging it.

Edited by Naui

I disagree. While her recovery isnt amazing, its not terrible. Her side b is really interesting, and i love her neutral special. Stunning projectile that goes fully across the screen? Yes please. Plus her throws are cool as hell looking. Shes really different from the other FE characters. Like Robin, she stands out more.

heads up none of her throws seem to combo

yeah i can see this being a thing.

They can be good for tag teams given that they have a projectile stun with their neutral b and their side b has that pin. Also the range on their side b and forward smash are pretty good for out ranging. Plus their side smash actually deals damage if the enemy is too close while charging it.

I literally have no idea what you just said. I'm never good at understanding explanations though...

I disagree. While her recovery isnt amazing, its not terrible. Her side b is really interesting, and i love her neutral special. Stunning projectile that goes fully across the screen? Yes please. Plus her throws are cool as hell looking. Shes really different from the other FE characters. Like Robin, she stands out more.

Sorry, but how does her side B help with anything? It just keeps her stuck to the floor or wall. Maybe that would help in tag teams, but I don't like team matches. I prefer 1 vs 1. And her up B has too little range. I failed every time I tried to use it to recover. I'm sorry, but I still think Corrin's recovery is terrible.

From what I've played, Corrin has a very tricky recovery what with the Lunge, the Back Air, and the Up Special. Vertical recovery is a bit questionable but horizontal is good.

I literally have no idea what you just said. I'm never good at understanding explanations though...

Sorry, but how does her side B help with anything? It just keeps her stuck to the floor or wall. Maybe that would help in tag teams, but I don't like team matches. I prefer 1 vs 1. And her up B has too little range. I failed every time I tried to use it to recover. I'm sorry, but I still think Corrin's recovery is terrible.

Salt because you cant use the character the first time? Come now. The side b can help with recovery. Its tricky but doable and hella funny. Ive been playing 1 on 1s and im not having trouble recovering with Kamui at all.

sideb can help with recovery for like, vertical walled omegas, or as a mixup if you stick into the main stage (but then you'd have made it to the ledge anyways)

tbh I think it's largely useless for recovery, and bair is likely much more useful

still don't think korin actually has a terrible recovery tho. upb angles are kinda jank but w/e

Also Son Kun.

Climbhazard doesn't help recover him much without charging up his limit break to full!

...And the entire #6 bundle costed 21 dollars for both Wii-U and 3DS. :(

38 dollars for me as I've installed them on my Jap 3DS game...too! Better give Corrin Easier Edge grabs and high jumping abilities. He/She will need them!

Edited by PuffPuff