On Face-rubbing in Fates, interview from the Making-Of book

Shrouded In Myth

If you want to blame it on anything, it's most likely the fact that FE is mainstream now. T&A is what sells in the anime world nowadays, and Yuzuke Kozaki is also a hentai artist. He has erotic manga on his name, much like Raita who did the designs from Valkyria Chronicles.

I am not really against anything of this, so long as I can have well designed maps and challenging gameplay, like the Nohr campaign, I am really fine with anything aesthetic. As long as the game sells this is most likely not going away, and both Fates (as a whole) and Awakening are the best selling games in the franchise.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^And so was the Akaneia remake artist. Really, it's not too unusual for a manga/anime artist to have their roots in ecchi/hentai.

It's an unfortunate reality of Japanese media as of late; more unfortunate that FE hasn't managed to keep bucking the trend.

Being an H-artist doesn't mean you can't come up with designs that aren't H or draw competently. I'm not fond of Shirou Masamune's art due to wonky anatomy and shading that looks like it's done with dodge-burn, but Kozaki's drawing ability itself is very good. I will give that Masamune has quite an eye for detail, though. The Minerva armor is quite impressively detailed.

Anyway if they really wanted to keep amie in (which clearly they do) I wonder if instead of just Kamui exerting his self-insert priviledges as the sole face-rubber, you'd instead be able to rub character A as character B, given an S/A+ support rank

what do you mean I just want to rub ryouma as marx

Anyway if they really wanted to keep amie in (which clearly they do) I wonder if instead of just Kamui exerting his self-insert priviledges as the sole face-rubber, you'd instead be able to rub character A as character B, given an S/A+ support rank

what do you mean I just want to rub ryouma as marx

And now I can't help but imagine Kamui inviting a couple/two friends into their room and making them rub each other while they watches.

Edited by Phillius

I think no matter what FE Amie was just going to be awkward. I mean, yeah, it'd be nice to see other characters have some time with their spouses other than just Kamui with theirs (like in My Room and Hot Springs), but since we're doing it in the viewpoint of Kamui it's just going to come off as Kamui being a creepy voyeur. Heck, even if we want to do it as the player and not Kamui that still feels kind of creepy.

I would love to see the other characters petting each other's faces. I can imagine it would lead to some pretty awkward and hilarious comments coming from the one being touched.

It would be funny to see how characters would react to their faces being rubbed by a character they can't support with, too. Maybe it could be like a faux support that could carry pair-up bonuses into battle for those that can't actually support.

I wonder if employees at IS just randomly call one of their co workers to their office and rub on them for no general reason.

That would explain so much if it were true lol

I wonder if employees at IS just randomly call one of their co workers to their office and rub on them for no general reason.

This made my day, just saying thank you haha.

Kamui would make a great horror movie villain.

e12.jpg

I was half-expecting her to melt due to the horror villain comment.

I think Amie's fate in the international release is telling of whether it stays around or not.

I was half-expecting her to melt due to the horror villain comment.

I think Amie's fate in the international release is telling of whether it stays around or not.

I think getting rid of Amie would hurt sales more than anything. The backlash to the bust slider removal from Xenoblade was pretty strong. Combine that with how some people hate all censorship and more people would be turned away.

Ironically, as much as I like Corrin, I think their addition might have actually hurt sales more than anything.

I think no matter what FE Amie was just going to be awkward. I mean, yeah, it'd be nice to see other characters have some time with their spouses other than just Kamui with theirs (like in My Room and Hot Springs), but since we're doing it in the viewpoint of Kamui it's just going to come off as Kamui being a creepy voyeur. Heck, even if we want to do it as the player and not Kamui that still feels kind of creepy.

Creepier is when Kamui starts inviting loli's to his room while his spouse looks on in horror. Creepiest is when Kamui's spouse is a loli so she doesn't understand what's wrong with inviting young girls to your room to fondle them.

Kamui would make a great horror movie villain.

e12.jpg

"Feel that thing strengthening against your butt? That's our support bonus."

They seriously originally wanted players to be able to touch the characters ANYWHERE? Is IS made up of perverts or something?

I actually kinda believe there's something terribly going wrong over at IS in recent years.

Codename: STEAM was good, but everything else from Fire Emblem to Paper Mario.. it's as if they completely restructured the employees or something.

Well apparently IS wanted to make Paper Mario in the old style, but Shiggy-Miyi thought it was stale and asked them to change them. At this point you can please any fan of Paper Mario by doing a remake of Thousand Year Door or Paper Mario 1 on the 3DS, no joke. At least I would...

Fire Emblem's change is mostly due to Awakening focusing on supports as a gameplay element, through pair-up, more than anything else. Supports lead to shipping, shipping lead to marriages and when merged with the children from FE4 and the avatar from FE12, fanservice and anime stereotypes was naturally the way to approach that. And all of it being a huge success, of course.

Come to think of it, maybe IS was always full of perverts, but now they just let themselves lose over time.

The computer helped Peach because he saw her Naked and nearly overheated. What a nice computer.
Edited by SalShich10N

The computer helped Peach because he saw her Naked and nearly overheated. What a nice computer.

I always hate that trope in anime where "no-human"(animal,robot who doesn't look like human) go full pervert mode when they see boobs...that makes no sense, well at least Fates doesn't have one.

Edit:I forgot about Abel....

Edited by exizel

I can't imagine what they would do next if people here in the West were to use the Skinship feature (and frankly I don't want to know at the same time hahaha...). But even if people don't, I can't imagine what they would do to 'replace' it, whether they tone it down or remove it all together. Either way, it's going to anger some people because those who did enjoy it are going to be like "What? Why did they remove this feature??" so there isn't much of a win-win situation.

Then again, you can't make everyone happy but personally, I wouldn't bat an eyelash if they decided to remove or keep it for the next installment. It's bad in taste, sure, but if people are having fun with it, let them.

I actually kinda believe there's something terribly going wrong over at IS in recent years.

Codename: STEAM was good, but everything else from Fire Emblem to Paper Mario.. it's as if they completely restructured the employees or something.

Another translation from Reddit of the Making Of book says that IS had a "reshuffling" of the team after Radiant Dawn.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3xnf8o/the_making_of_fire_emblem_a_trial_era_between/

Funny. I loved Sticker Star and Awakening. I know I'll love Fates.

Meanwhile, CN:S has one of the worst art styles I've ever seen.

oops opinions

(btw fire emblem is not dead and you are not "kneeling beside it's grave" so stop being so patronizing)

Wait Team B wanted the player to be able to touch a character anywhere in FE Amie? That is gross and I am glad Team A won. FE Amie is awkward anyway, but at least it is not as bad as it could have been. What is going on with IntSys? I think FE Amie was going to turn out awkward no matter what and I won't be surprised if they don't add the feature in again.