Regrets you've had regarding Fates

nyainou

Whether it was something you did in-game or in-fandom, lets just lament over some bad things that have happened.

If your post involves spoilers this is just a reminder to stick it under a spoiler cut for my sake, because I haven't played the game yet!

For me, its probably something like:

1) The fact that I'm dumping $100+ on this game (SE, DLC pack, Corrin in Smash, merch, etc. etc.) / the fact that I'm so heavily invested in something that will probably ultimately disappoint me

2) Being impulsive and opening spoiler cuts and actively spoiling myself for absolutely no good reason

3) Going onto MC wiki pages and accidentally spoiling myself ( @ azura why)

4) Knowing all the Corn jokes are coming. All my peers call me Corn and its slowly happening to Corrin. corn jokes never dieee

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I hadn't jumped into Fates so impulsively to the point of buying a Japanese 3DS (actually, to be completely fair, I only got the game and 3DS because I had a perfect opportunity to do so, I'm not sure if I would've done so without those circumstances). I don't exactly regret it, but at the same time I've been so disappointed as well that perhaps it would've been better if I'd just not in the first place.

What I regret the most is having high expectations for this game. After reading spoilers and everyone's reactions to it and the numerous plot summaries made me disappointed in Fates and killed my interest in the game to the point where if I somehow see the special edition in stores, I may pick it up but only after flipping a coin first. My enthusiasm for Fire Emblem was also greatly diminished because of that disappointment to the point where I am worried for the franchise's future.

I've:

Bought the Japanese SE

Old 3ds and learned to hack it

Bought a ton of expensive merch

Played it for a million hours

I regret none of it, irl or in game. Yet.

I think I regret not jumping on Cihper right away though I think it's not too late for that.

1. Spoiling myself for pretty much the entire game the night it came out early in Hong Kong, even when I was getting the game for myself a few days after.

2. To some extent, hanging around here before and on its release. Partly because I wanted to be surprised, partly because I think maybe I wouldn't have been as negative had I not been around here so much. One of the reasons I loved Awakening so much was because I didn't have many expectations.

3. Spending $200 (+ future DLC) on the SE PAL version....

I've:

Bought the Japanese SE

Old 3ds and learned to hack it

Bought a ton of expensive merch

Played it for a million hours

I regret none of it, irl or in game. Yet.

I think I regret not jumping on Cihper right away though I think it's not too late for that.

It's never too late to dive into Cipher! :o