Keeping or selling great videogames?

MisterIceTeaPeach

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you keep a great videogame, even if you know you really can't use it anymore?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Do you collect videogames?

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. Why do you sell videogames?

• need room
    • need money
    • other
    • I don't sell at all.
    • not interested in this game anymore

I never sell games. I might suddenly feel the need to play a movie tie-in I bought when I was 8! Only game I ever disposed of was Just Dance 1: my mother was like "don't trade it in, you'll get no money for it!" so like, four years after I received it I donated it to my school's annual fundraising cake sale (they took non-cakes.) I wonder who obtained it. I don't regret it: if I wanna strike a pose, I'll do it in real life and not refresh anyone. :(

I sell games if I dislike them or if I no longer replay them. For me, the slight chance that I may enjoy a few more hours of the game somewhere down the line is outweighed by the money that usually goes towards purchasing a new game I know I'll enjoy, and I haven't regretted it yet. That being said, there are a couple of physical copies of games that I would have a hard time getting rid of even if I couldn't play them anymore.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

It's a good thing you didn't sell the games. Even if you're bored of Fire Emblem now, there's a big chance you'll get back into it, and then you'll most certainly have regretted it.

I'm not really the best person to give advice on this though, I collect games and I rarely sell them or trade them in, (only if I really didn't like the game, but it has almost never happened to me before) because I like to replay my older games, and they have a certain value, as well.

I have a very lesser known game called Last Window: The Secret of Cape West.

Lets just say it is a very rare game that I have the luck of finding in Brand New Condition and bought it very cheaply in a game store.I could choose to sell it. But I didnt, cause I feel that I may want to play it again and if I did, there is a very little chance for me to find it again.

Dont sell your FE10 copy.

Two things I'll never sell are video games and textbooks. It's just like a collector thing for me since I've spent so many hours investing into them and I'd feel like a huge sellout ((literally)) if I decided to exchange them for some cash. That said I could probably make a killing if I did sell most of my stuff, but I wouldn't be able to. It'd feel wrong.

I don't sell video games out of principle most of the time; I can only think of a couple of cases where I did sell them and I still regret doing so. Most of them I've spent numerous hours on and were a large part of my childhood, or if not, still a large portion of my time. I paid for the games and selling them loses me the game and most of the money I spent on it, and I would really only sell the game if I absolutely hated it (in my case, Black Ops II, I don't know why I bought it). But whenever I think about selling games I ask myself if I will ever feel the urge to play the game again, which will most definitely happen. I own some pretty bad games that I beat and never really wanted to go back to, yet on multiple accounts I've woken up one day and decided I wanted to play them for whatever reason.