MGSV:TPP completed (100%). AMA.

Raven

I just see tits.

that is intentional, son

where's your questions? preferrably related to MGSV, but i'll roll with whatever tbh, i'm a little drunk.

I actually do happen to have a MGSV-related question...surprisingly.

Without spoiling (not like I'm playing the games anytime soon, let alone the freaking last one), could you tell me what kind of ending it had? I heard people were dissapointed with it. Similiarly, can you tell me how a game that's supposed to have a super huge free world to explore, 1080p & 60fps is supposed to be anywhere close to a let-down?

I actually do happen to have a MGSV-related question...surprisingly.

Without spoiling (not like I'm playing the games anytime soon, let alone the freaking last one), could you tell me what kind of ending it had? I heard people were dissapointed with it. Similiarly, can you tell me how a game that's supposed to have a super huge free world to explore, 1080p & 60fps is supposed to be anywhere close to a let-down?

The ending, right. As a person who's played the series since the original Metal Gear Solid on PS1, it felt a little rushed and incomplete. No doubt due to Konami giving Kojima the boot during that point in MGSV's development.

For a person coming in blind to the MGS series, they may find it ok/decent, but I wouldn't know for certain.

I played it on PS3 with 720p upscaled and 30fps. 1080p 60fps videos on youtube really show it up, tbh. Running animations especially make the difference more noticeable. Wish I had a ps4 tbh.

But the gameplay is top fucking knotch and it all looks great. It took me upwards 295 hours to complete, but that may also include the time sitting about in the helicopter doing nothing. Still took a long time to do everything it had to offer.

Edited by Raven

To be honest, I've never been a graphics person. It's just one of the many great things it has to offer, even if it's "only" 720p/30 fps. Those are still great graphics. I don't have a PS3 or a high-end computer, so great graphics are great graphics.

Regarding the ending, I think I heard it was inconclusive, like it wasn't much of an ending.

Did you beat Mission 42 (airport skulls on extreme) without cheese and if so how?

I beat it, yes. Define cheese though, because if you consider the following cheese, then yes:

Parasite suit. Armour parasites thing for the suit. Grenade launcher on the hip. Multi-rocket homing missile launcher on back.

Maxed out chopper landing in the middle of the airport. Nuke everything dead. Preemptively call in ammo resupply. Stand close to the truck and trigger the armoured skulls reveal scene. Immediately fulton the truck. Nuke the skulls with the multi-homing rocket launcher whilst keeping the parasite suit armoured up. Resupply when needed. Kill skulls. Call chopper to airport, get the fuck out. S rank.

Cheese or no?

Edited by Raven

To be honest, I've never been a graphics person. It's just one of the many great things it has to offer, even if it's "only" 720p/30 fps. Those are still great graphics. I don't have a PS3 or a high-end computer, so great graphics are great graphics.

Graphics aren't that important but 60FPS for actiony games is directly conducive to a better playing experience.

Graphics aren't that important but 60FPS for actiony games is directly conducive to a better playing experience.

Yes I'll agree with this. I'm doing fine with the 30fps but I'd kill for it to run at twice the framerate. So much smoother.

I beat it, yes. Define cheese though, because if you consider the following cheese, then yes:

Parasite suit. Armour parasites thing for the suit. Grenade launcher on the hip. Multi-rocket homing missile launcher on back.

Maxed out chopper landing in the middle of the airport. Nuke everything dead. Preemptively call in ammo resupply. Stand close to the truck and trigger the armoured skulls reveal scene. Immediately fulton the truck. Nuke the skulls with the multi-homing rocket launcher whilst keeping the parasite suit armoured up. Resupply when needed. Kill skulls. Call chopper to airport, get the fuck out. S rank.

Cheese or no?

Probably less cheese than what I did, since I just used D-Walker.

Probably less cheese than what I did, since I just used D-Walker.

I dunno, the armour parasite is pretty damn OP, yet it doesn't even restrict your rank to an A. It's how I extracted 7 tanks and 7 armoured vehicles from mission 45 with minimal effort. The biggest challenge there was reaching and extracting the vehicles before Quiet destroyed them.

how did you feel about the twist

I'm indifferent towards it. But the more I think about it, the more I accept it. The seemingly unfinished end is what does slightly irk me.