Corrin's Secondary Class

Anomalocaris

Given the following circumstances, what's the best choice of secondary class for Corrin?

• Male Corrin, so can get classes from Buddy Sealing all the male units.
  • Revelations route, so access to (almost) all the male characters in the game.
  • More concerned about long-term diversity than short-term accessibility, so only the end result matters.

I guess what I'm asking is, are any of Corrin's secondary class options ONLY obtainable as his secondary class, or can they all be accessed in due time through Buddy Seals and patience?

Well, I mean... I don't think you can buddy girls, so if there's a female character who only has the class and you don't want to marry her... that's an idea. (ie Rinkah and her Oni Savage)

Well, the only classes you will be missing, due to the circumstances you posted, are Oni Savage and Herb Merchant. So for them you will have to marry Rinkah or Midoriko for them. You can get every other class via getting A rank with all males then using buddy seals.

Okay, so just Oni Savage and Herb Merchant are an issue. I will probably pick one of them as his secondary class.

I'm using a male Corrin in my Revelations file, and I intend to use Revelations for all my grinding, PVP, DLC, ect., so I'd like to figure out the best way to optimize a male Corrin in the long term.

Though Corrin's spouse gets their secondary class rather than the Dark Prince line, right? So I also need to account for who Corrin's wife will be.

Thanks, by the way.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Okay, I've got a piggy back question:

You talked about Oni Savage and Herb Merchant, and I know that, but I'm assuming that Yukimura is a Herb Merchant that is not counted because he can't be gotten on Revelation? If you Buddied him on Birthright, would you theoretically get Herb Merchant, or is he a Ninja?

Okay, I've got a piggy back question:

You talked about Oni Savage and Herb Merchant, and I know that, but I'm assuming that Yukimura is a Herb Merchant that is not counted because he can't be gotten on Revelation? If you Buddied him on Birthright, would you theoretically get Herb Merchant, or is he a Ninja?

Yukimura counts as Herb Merchant, so in Birthright you get Herb Merchant not Ninja. In actuality Yukimura has no access to Ninja so yeah.

But on another note, I wish they made Fuuga an Oni Savage class. The only way in any route to get Oni is to have it as a secondary class or marry Rinkah, which kills a child unit.

If you want to know which class is better, I would go Oni. You get Puppeteer from Ninja and if you don't mind it, you can just marry Midoriko for Great Merchant and not loose a child in the process.

So then picking either Oni Savage or Herb Merchant and then marrying either Midoriko or Rinkah respectively gives male Corrins access to every secondary class option anyway.

Thanks for the explanation.

I probably won't worry too much about those two classes, but it is good advice to keep in mind. I was thinking of making his secondary class Ninja, because it's a goddamn ninja and then his wife can be a goddamn ninja, but I'll be playing Conquest and Birthright first so I'll get an idea of what classes sound good after those.

That being said, even if he doesn't pick Oni Savage or Herb Merchant, he can still access Puppeteer through a Ninja, yes? But Great Merchant, Blacksmith, and Shura are otherwise unattainable, due to the former being only shared with Villager and the latter two being a closed-off pair of promotions exclusive to Onis.

Now, what about a female Corrin, same conditions otherwise? What classes can she not get without picking it as her secondary or marrying a dude with it?

As for Yukimura, does that dork look like he went through the Ninja class? He's a total Herb Merchant.

Edited by Anomalocaris

So then picking either Oni Savage or Herb Merchant and then marrying either Midoriko or Rinkah respectively gives male Corrins access to every secondary class option anyway.

Thanks for the explanation.

I probably won't worry too much about those two classes, but it is good advice to keep in mind. I was thinking of making his secondary class Ninja, because it's a goddamn ninja and then his wife can be a goddamn ninja, but I'll be playing Conquest and Birthright first so I'll get an idea of what classes sound good after those.

That being said, even if he doesn't pick Oni Savage or Herb Merchant, he can still access Puppeteer through a Ninja, yes? But Great Merchant, Blacksmith, and Shura are otherwise unattainable, due to the former being only shared with Villager and the latter two being a closed-off pair of promotions exclusive to Onis.

Now, what about a female Corrin, same conditions otherwise? What classes can she not get without picking it as her secondary or marrying a dude with it?

I kinda wanna say "there isn't one" but I feel like there is and I just don't remember it.

Female Corrin has access to all classes via buddy sealing, with the exception of male only DLC classes of coarse. Male Corrin really got the short stick.

-Can't marry any female but Corrinsexuals or they loose a child

-Can only get access to every class by having Oni as secondary and marrying what seems to be a prepubescent child

Or by being an Herb Merchant and marrying Rinkah, which is at least better, but...

And don't forget that choosing the same-sex marriage option as male Corrin also screws you out of TWO children, rather than the female option's one.

But yeah, that point about Corrin losing out on a child by marrying a first-gen woman has been bothering me for some time. I want my Revelations file to have everyone possible, but I kinda wanted to marry my Corrin to Beruka since she's female Solid Snake. I'll have to decide which is more important, completion or doing what I want to do.

If I do the latter, though, I've already decided that Shara is the one who will be outta luck. :P

Edited by Anomalocaris

Female Corrin has access to all classes via buddy sealing, with the exception of male only DLC classes of coarse. Male Corrin really got the short stick.

-Can't marry any female but Corrinsexuals or they loose a child

-Can only get access to every class by having Oni as secondary and marrying what seems to be a prepubescent child

kMvBFQq.png

I'm kinda pleased with this cause I felt like I got a bit of a shorter end of the stick in Awakening aside from maybe Galeforce...

If I do the latter, though, I've already decided that Shara is the one who will be outta luck. :P

Depends - want to lose someone not as useful or just someone you don't care for?

... I'm not gonna get Shara either...

I'm kinda pleased with this cause I felt like I got a bit of a shorter end of the stick in Awakening aside from Galeforce.

why would you be at all pleased

just because Female got the short end doesn't mean that it's fair that Male is slighted. In a perfect world, there'd be perfect treatment, but as it is, Males have to go either after painted abs herself or the 12 year old. That's arguably worse treatment than FRobin got in awakening. At least she could get Galeforce and mother Vaike!Gregor!Morgan or Ricken!Laurent!Morgan.

why would you be at all pleased

just because Female got the short end doesn't mean that it's fair that Male is slighted. In a perfect world, there'd be perfect treatment, but as it is, Males have to go either after painted abs herself or the 12 year old. That's arguably worse treatment than FRobin got in awakening. At least she could get Galeforce and mother Vaike!Gregor!Morgan or Ricken!Laurent!Morgan.

Arara I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say it like "the male Kamui deserves this."

Vaike!Gregor? Do you mean Vaike!Gerome? I'm confused.

It's just a game, sorry, okay? I didn't mean to turn this into some "uwa pity me i'm a girl" thing.

oops my bad, it is Gerome

But yeah, I do tend to get a little pointed. I must admit that I was probably wrong to accuse. Weirdly, I actually prefer Male Corrin for whatever reason, unlike Robin where FRobin looked great.

i was going to marry zero, but then Niles happened and now my life is conflicted

Edited by Freyjadour

Honestly I don't suggest going for Herb Merchant though. I've heard it isn't that good of a class besides Extravagance abuse.

Oni? ... Well, maybe. Shura's pretty good for pair up fodder (but Kamui usually isn't that) but it's mostly wanted for Ogre Strike...

I think they're classes you can kind of ignore though.

Though Shura seems pretty good. I'm a bit of a sucker for melee+magic classes though, they're usually just cool to use.

But anyway, it strikes me as really odd that IS would have such a major oversight as the whole "if a male Corrin marries a first-gen woman he screws himself out of a child" thing. This is the game where they really played up the whole creepy waifu thing, after all. :P

Unless they're trying to pressure guys into marrying children, an old lady, a maid, or whatever the hell Anna is...

Could someone tell me which secondary class is best when marrying Orochi?

I was thinking it would be great for her to have Defensive Formation, but getting her through three levels of General sounds like a real pain.

I was thinking it would be great for her to have Defensive Formation, but getting her through three levels of General sounds like a real pain.

By having Defensive Formation she will take 1 hit instead of 2. But even 1 hit will be painful so it is better not to take any.

Witch is a good class for all the female mages. Orochi is you waifu so I think you don't mind to give her a DLC item.

Though Shura seems pretty good. I'm a bit of a sucker for melee+magic classes though, they're usually just cool to use.

But anyway, it strikes me as really odd that IS would have such a major oversight as the whole "if a male Corrin marries a first-gen woman he screws himself out of a child" thing. This is the game where they really played up the whole creepy waifu thing, after all. :P

Unless they're trying to pressure guys into marrying children, an old lady, a maid, or whatever the hell Anna is...

Honestly I think they were banking on people marrying the kids. They seemed to be a relatively popular choice in Awakening (can confirm married Inigo a few times) so they probably were like, "hey they did it there, they're probably gonna do it here anyway!" I mean, they were wrong, but I'm assuming that's what they were thinking.

The reality is that Orochi will probably die if a melee unit attacks her on Enemy Phase, and you should never initiate a battle where she can get hit, anyways, so Defensive Formation isn't really going to change anything. She's still wet paper.

Take Tooru's advice and make her a witch if you can. With Breaking Sky, Tomefaire, Flamboyant, Witch's Poison and Warp, she'll be better off than she would be with whatever the Marriage Seal would offer her. Let Corrin take whatever class you like.

Edited by gayserbeam

The reality is that Orochi will probably die if a melee unit attacks her on Enemy Phase, and you should never initiate a battle where she can get hit, anyways, so Defensive Formation isn't really going to change anything. She's still wet paper.

Take Tooru's advice and make her a witch if you can. With Breaking Sky, Tomefaire, Flamboyant, Witch's Poison and Warp, she'll be better off than she would be with whatever the Marriage Seal would offer her. Let Corrin take whatever class you like.

Thanks for the advice!

It sucks that male Corrin got the short stick, but meh. It's hard for me to want to play as a female when I don't really care for most of the guys...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

At least they gave us a character that nobody'll pair up unless they are diehard wanting 100% kids.

Tsukuyomi_portrait.png

Add into that his daughter is divisive that'll help at the least.

... hmm... on a less joking note, I still assume they were really banking on people wanting to marry kids tbh. Especially with Matoi and Syalla who were popular marriage candidates in FEA.

At least they gave us a character that nobody'll pair up unless they are diehard wanting 100% kids.

Tsukuyomi_portrait.png

Add into that his daughter is divisive that'll help at the least.

... hmm... on a less joking note, I still assume they were really banking on people wanting to marry kids tbh. Especially with Matoi and Syalla who were popular marriage candidates in FEA.

Anyone on the Nohr side stand out to you that you think that no one would be wanting to pair up other than for wanting all the kids?