How Did Validar Survive Chapter 23?

Posted · Hidden by Balcerzak, January 6, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, January 6, 2016 - No reason given

RIGHT I completely forgot that. Would also explain why Validar has the whole destiny concept up his ass.

The game doesn't talk very much about how the Grimleal work, but I'd hazard a guess that Validar doesn't know as much about Grima as he thinks he does. If he's as simple in motivation as the game makes him out to be- for the power- he probably worships Grima because Grima is the strongest thing around, and as such can get his way via force every time (thus what Grima wants is "fated" to happen simply because nobody can stop him). The game's events of stopping Grima by force, combined with Naga saying neither her nor Grima are gods, reinforce this (though Naga displays certain traits suggestive of being an unreliable narrator, so I'm not certain how much stock should be put in what she says).

tl;dr "destiny" is when someone says something will happen and they're stronger than everyone else, so nobody can stop them from making it happen. In Validar's mind, at least.

Ha, guess Grima didn't Validar alive after he prepared the table.

By that point, Validar had nothing more to offer him. He had his body back, an undead army and apparently some devoted Plegians left- it's entirely possible he let Validar stay dead, as some sort of martyr, to ensure their loyalty (kind of ironic when you think of Emm).

But more likely, Validar had outlived his usefulness, and having someone to scratch his back wasn't Grima's top priority at the moment. He's no Loptyr, he doesn't want to rule the world through a cult, he just wants to grind some bones and destroy the world.

The game doesn't talk very much about how the Grimleal work, but I'd hazard a guess that Validar doesn't know as much about Grima as he thinks he does. If he's as simple in motivation as the game makes him out to be- for the power- he probably worships Grima because Grima is the strongest thing around, and as such can get his way via force every time (thus what Grima wants is "fated" to happen simply because nobody can stop him). The game's events of stopping Grima by force, combined with Naga saying neither her nor Grima are gods, reinforce this (though Naga displays certain traits suggestive of being an unreliable narrator, so I'm not certain how much stock should be put in what she says).

tl;dr "destiny" is when someone says something will happen and they're stronger than everyone else, so nobody can stop them from making it happen. In Validar's mind, at least.

By that point, Validar had nothing more to offer him. He had his body back, an undead army and apparently some devoted Plegians left- it's entirely possible he let Validar stay dead, as some sort of martyr, to ensure their loyalty (kind of ironic when you think of Emm).

But more likely, Validar had outlived his usefulness, and having someone to scratch his back wasn't Grima's top priority at the moment. He's no Loptyr, he doesn't want to rule the world through a cult, he just wants to grind some bones and destroy the world.

It's hilarious because Lucina confronts Grima and only Grima in her dark future, so we can assume that Validar was also fated to die at every point as well. Whoa, this game really wants everybody to have dead parents lol!

I find it hilarious that Grima was living with Validar in Plegia Castle for a good chunk of the game.

Validar must have been fanboying the whole time like "EEEEE I can't believe Grima is living in MY HOUSE! Can you autograph EVERYTHING?!"

I find it hilarious that Grima was living with Validar in Plegia Castle for a good chunk of the game.

Validar must have been fanboying the whole time like "EEEEE I can't believe Grima is living in MY HOUSE! Can you autograph EVERYTHING?!"

That or trying to see to Grima's every "need"...lol of course he would be as proud as punch.

*Grima is sleeping*

Validar: Yo Grima, can you autograph my creepy gothic chandelier?

Grima: No. *Goes back to sleep*

Validar: Are you sure? It's made from the bones of my enemies!

*Grima burns the chandelier to a crisp*

Validar: *Rubs beard* ...Hmm. I wonder if it wasn't evil enough...

Edited by Czar_Yoshi