I don't want to give up on Kanna

MitoRequiem

So Kamui's child, I had asked about this character in a thread a while back talking about good children in this game in general.

A lot of people said Kanna was kinda just mediocre and lackluster compared to his/her parent but we mainly discussed Physical builds so my question is(And I plan to try this myself my next Lunatic playthroughs of all 3 routes)

Has anyone tried a +Mag Kanna with Joker, Felicia, Flora(haven't looked into her at all), Orochi, Syalla or Ophelia as the parents? Perhaps the answer to Kanna's lacklusterness is a Spellcaster build that can lead into Strategiest, Exorcist, Witch(I mean this is probably good regardless of parent but just placing it here) or Dark Blood(Sorc might be good but that Speed nerf ioajoauhfoiuhaofua).

Anyways thoughts? and an off-topic question I still haven't got my answers on why people think Shigure is so build how are you guys building him tell me :P

Edited by MitoRequiem

Obligatory

I mean if you fully commit him/her to mag or staff support then she would be aight. Better than a physical since magical options among all the routes is limited. But she would just be aight.

Edited by Shephen

my advise

pick cavalier as your secondary class, have skill as your asset, pass on luna to Kanna

Marry Felica aka best waifu

Birthright have her pass on the skill that allows her to heal herself when she uses a staf

Conquest have her pass on tome breaker (there are a lot of magic users late game)

Obligatory

I mean if you fully commit him/her to mag or staff support then she would be aight. Better than a physical since magical options among all the routes is limited. But she would just be aight.

Dang hit me with the realistic Shia lmao is Kanna really just doomed to just be meh okay generic forever :(

my advise

pick cavalier as your secondary class, have skill as your asset, pass on luna to Kanna

Marry Felica aka best waifu

Birthright have her pass on the skill that allows her to heal herself when she uses a staf

Conquest have her pass on tome breaker (there are a lot of magic users late game)

I feel like if I have to do that much and go Male(and marry inferior maid hehe <3) It probably isn't worth it Why couldn't they just give me another Morgan

Well, Kanna is usable, it is just Kamui will always be better then him/her since unlike Kanna, Kamui can get every class and skill in the game relatively easily compared to Kanna.

IMO, a 3rd gen Kanna is really the only way to make a super good Kanna. A really good Kanna that I have used is +Str/-Luk Mamui x Charlotte!Velour. Or if you play female, +Str/-Luk Femui x Charlotte Siegbert.

I actually am doing a second Conquest run now with a Nyx!Foleo!Kanna and he's actually doing perfectly fine.

Err... although he does have Aptitude. I purchased that after a great deal of preparatory eugenics.

post-16773-0-42534000-1452019816_thumb.jpg

Edited by gayserbeam

At this point I'm perfectly content using Kanna to give kids I like better some classes I want them to get

I'm not a fan of their personality anyway and on top of that they're not as ridiculously broken like Morgan, might as well just use them to favor, say, Shino

Isn't Kanna's only problem literally not being as good as Kamui?
You probably can say about every other unit when you think about it in in deep detail anyways.

Edited by Jariu

You probably can say about every other unit when you think about it in in deep detail anyways.

The only problem i see is Kamui Yato, it makes Kamui that strong comparing to Kanna imo.

However Kanna can be any class what it want and don't loose this certain weapon~

Kanna just always feels lackluster compared to other children but that could also be due to who I am marrying and that kinda upsets me. You could marry say like Silas to anyone and Sophie still comes out great same with Saizou and Grey.

I will try a Dark Princess build in my next Nohr playthrough and see what happens. Elise!Ophelia!Kanna with a +Mag Spellcaster Kamui hopefully that works out well.

Well, in this game the base stats actually matter. Honestly besides marrying Kamui to a bad unit there's no real way of getting a bad Kanna, going for a third gen Kanna is just overkilling it if you ask me.

As mentioned the Yato is just too ridiculous and makes Kamui one of if not the best unit no competition anyways, that thing gives you bonuses just by having it on your inventory, come on IS what where you even thinking.

I'm not comparing Kanna to Kamui though, If I made it seem that way I apologize. I was comparing her to other children and I also forgot to mention I was talking from a Hard/Lunatic stand point.

I think my first Kanna was with Aqua as the Mother and she kinda came out bad.

Second was with Velour and she was decent at best. Maybe third time is the charm my next Lunatic playthrough

I haven't played the game, but do what your heart tells you. I use the characters I like regardless of the difficulty and have fun. If you like Kanna go ahead and use her. Don't give up on her, especially since he/she is your kid.

Edited by Radiance

Dang hit me with the realistic Shia lmao is Kanna really just doomed to just be meh okay generic forever :(

I feel like if I have to do that much and go Male(and marry inferior maid hehe <3) It probably isn't worth it Why couldn't they just give me another Morgan

here is some encouragement for you and Kanna

https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ?t=18s

Edited by Captain Karnage

I have tried Camilla!Kanna in Lunatic Nohr.

Her father was +Mag-Lck in shared chapters but +Str-Lck after Chapter 6 and reclassed to Elite Ninja.

She was not the most powerful unit but worked well in the whole army. Thanks to Camilla's high Skl, she didn't have problems with hit rates.

Sha was not the best tank but had no problem taking some hits. Dragonstone gave her Critical Evade so she never worried about it.

Easy and usable, but she brought nothing special.

Edited by Tooru

Well, in this game the base stats actually matter. Honestly besides marrying Kamui to a bad unit there's no real way of getting a bad Kanna, going for a third gen Kanna is just overkilling it if you ask me.

As mentioned the Yato is just too ridiculous and makes Kamui one of if not the best unit no competition anyways, that thing gives you bonuses just by having it on your inventory, come on IS what where you even thinking.

maybe not even bonuses from yato but it's strenght itself, at invisible in last chapter you have final Yato which have 16 mt, 85% hit, 10% cit and avoid which is so damn big for a 16 mt sword dammit.

Meanwhile levin, shockstick and bolt axe can't hit crits and skills which hurts me so much in mine heart ;-;

Edit: forgot to mention: "Critical Evade +10. STR,SPD,DEF,RES +4, negates dragonskin(whatever this was)"

Edit2: Bolt axe can actually hit skills, however still no criticals, well it's something. :s

Edited by Eriotto

maybe not even bonuses from yato but it's strenght itself, at invisible in last chapter you have final Yato which have 16 mt, 85% hit, 10% cit and avoid which is so damn big for a 16 mt sword dammit.

Meanwhile levin, shockstick and bolt axe can't hit crits and skills which hurts me so much in mine heart ;-;

Edit: forgot to mention: "Critical Evade +10. STR,SPD,DEF,RES +4, negates dragonskin(whatever this was)"

Edit2: Bolt axe can actually hit skills, however still no criticals, well it's something. :s

Well, I was mentioning that you get the bonuses regardless bein ridiculous because you can slap the Yato in the inventory of a Sorcerer Kamui and it can still get all the stat bonuses, which well, yeah.

Well, I was mentioning that you get the bonuses regardless bein ridiculous because you can slap the Yato in the inventory of a Sorcerer Kamui and it can still get all the stat bonuses, which well, yeah.

Pretty sure that's the same case with some other items. That's why Horse God 7th is pretty good on a Sorcerer/Dark Knight Kamui

Oh yeah, you did XD Didn't payed attention :S

I have tried Camilla!Kanna in Lunatic Nohr.

Her father was +Mag-Lck in shared chapters but +Str-Lck after Chapter 6 and reclassed to Elite Ninja.

She was not the most powerful unit but worked well in the whole army. Thanks to Camilla's high Skl, she didn't have problems with hit rates.

Sha was not the best tank but had no problem taking some hits. Dragonstone gave her Critical Evade so she never worried about it.

Easy and usable, but she brought nothing special.

Bold: ...Wait, how's that work?

Pretty sure that's the same case with some other items. That's why Horse God 7th is pretty good on a Sorcerer/Dark Knight Kamui

The weapons that give you stats just by having them are the Yatos, the Raijin Katana, the Siegfreid and the Missiletainn (yeah that last one isa funny one lol). Takumi's Fuujin Bow also gives him the power to friggin' fly just by being in his inventory iirc.

Every other weapon that gives stats has to be equiped, which allows for stat stacking with the Yatogami, yes.

I assume he means +MAG -LCK Pre-Chapter 6 then +STR/-LCK after Chapter 6 cause you can switch that if you go back and start over from Chapter 6

So there is some kind of quick start from chapter 6~

Kanna is also not as good as other children. He/She doesn't have the kickass base classes of Grey, Shino, or Lutz. They don't have ridiculous personal growths like Velour. They are just meh and so is their personal skill because Dragonstone suck.

Kanna is also not as good as other children. He/She doesn't have the kickass base classes of Grey, Shino, or Lutz. They don't have ridiculous personal growths like Velour. They are just meh and so is their personal skill because Dragonstone suck.

Most personal skills of the kids aren't that remarcable in general though, even if there are some outstanding ones.

Kanna's base classes can easily be ''fixed'' via picking a good class from Kamui as they don't have to worry about that due to being able to just use buddy seals from A-Rank with other units.

Kanna's base growths are fairly low compared to Velour yeah, but they are average really, they are a bit lower than Kamui's base growths but they should be getting a bit of boost from their mother and Kamui's asset/flaw probably also takes part on it so at the end it should be fine. They are literally made to avoid another loltastic scenario like with Morgan, but that one had to do with how Awakening's absurd growths in general really.

Edited by Jariu