Few quick questions

Eriotto

1, as my main pairing for invisible i wanted to go Rinka/Saizou and Kagerou/Kaze, wouldn't this be better for everyone if i would swap wifes in those pairs? For both parents and children sake of course.

2. Elise!Shinonome will suffer much from -def modifier from his parents? I wanted to do magic shinonome however i'm little scared about his -4(!) def mod.

3. Talking about Elise, it's worth to reclass her for weapon master (to better support for Ryoma) and do her Levin sword, shirai nagitana and bolt axe fighter? I mean Levin and nagitana can't crit and use skills so i wonder if it's right way to go. However Bolt axe can hit skills, this is a way to optymalize at least a little Elise/Ryoma pair?

Thanks in advance.

Crit and skills are related to Skl. Elise's Skl is low, so losing them doesn't matter.

The problem is: magical weapons are C-rank but Elise will begin with E-rank.

That how you mention it this might be an issue, yeah.

Well, for now i don't see any better way to optimize this pairing right now, well i'll look if i can find something else.

1) Since Kaze and Rinkah join together, and since Rinkah's pair-up bonuses are tight early on, swapping them would be practical. Still, it's not a huge deal, but Rinkah will likely have a support half done before Saizou and Kagerou join.

2) Most mages in this game are wet paper anyways, honestly, and a Basara with -4 DEF would still have 26 max, which is still more than Strategists, Sorcerers, Witches and Exorcists. You could even marry him to Ophelia for Dark Knight if you want to patch it up a little. He can also equip Horse God to boost his DEF by 3.

My only reason for never marrying Ryoma and Elise is that Ryoma's personal skill gives him a boost when his pair-up partner is a lower level, but as a healer, Elise was always ahead of everyone else. That depends on your playstyle though.

3) Bolt Axe still can't use skills; it's just like every other weapon that says "cannot critical". Weapon Master also has zero base MAG and she'll have to get up to C rank axes just to use it.

Ryoma doesn't need a physical support; Raijinto gives +4 STR anyway. The 2 RES and 1 MOV that Strategist gives him is fine.

Also, Elise could reclass to Revenant Knight to keep her use of Tomes but give Ryoma +2 RES, +2 DEF, and 1 MOV, which is even better.

Edited by gayserbeam

1) Since Kaze and Rinkah join together, and since Rinkah's pair-up bonuses are tight early on, swapping them would be practical. Still, it's not a huge deal, but Rinkah will likely have a support half done before Saizou and Kagerou join.

2) Most mages in this game are wet paper anyways, honestly, and a Basara with -4 DEF would still have 26 max, which is still more than Strategists, Sorcerers, Witches and Exorcists. You could even marry him to Ophelia for Dark Knight if you want to patch it up a little. He can also equip Horse God to boost his DEF by 3.

My only reason for never marrying Ryoma and Elise is that Ryoma's personal skill gives him a boost when his pair-up partner is a lower level, but as a healer, Elise was always ahead of everyone else. That depends on your playstyle though.

3) Bolt Axe still can't use skills; it's just like every other weapon that says "cannot critical". Weapon Master also has zero base MAG and she'll have to get up to C rank axes just to use it.

Ryoma doesn't need a physical support; Raijinto gives +4 STR anyway. The 2 RES and 1 MOV that Strategist gives him is fine.

Also, Elise could reclass to Revenant Knight to keep her use of Tomes but give Ryoma +2 RES, +2 DEF, and 1 MOV, which is even better.

Rev knight you say, i usually don't like mounted units however revenant seems fine also, bolt axe + tomes are fine i guess.

Well about weapon master, Elise have 65% base magic growth which is enough anyway i think~

Edit: about bolt axe, it was said on wiki, when i checked weapons on bolt axe there was only "can't apply criticals" so this must be an error then~

Edited by Eriotto

1, as my main pairing for invisible i wanted to go Rinka/Saizou and Kagerou/Kaze, wouldn't this be better for everyone if i would swap wifes in those pairs? For both parents and children sake of course.

Swap if that's the only options. Saizou will get Kagerou's magic classes where he can make use of his 45% magic growth and be more devastating with the explosive shuriken. It's not the best, but he'll get much more out of it then Kaze would. Kagerou still gets the samurai tree so all's good. Plus, chances are Kaze will be doing most of the fighting with Rinka as a pair up early on.

2. Elise!Shinonome will suffer much from -def modifier from his parents? I wanted to do magic shinonome however i'm little scared about his -4(!) def mod.

Since this is clearly not an optimal pairing, dont worry about the mods. Stat boosting, pair ups and classes matter much more. Basara will be his preferred anyway.

3. Talking about Elise, it's worth to reclass her for weapon master (to better support for Ryoma) and do her Levin sword, shirai nagitana and bolt axe fighter? I mean Levin and nagitana can't crit and use skills so i wonder if it's right way to go. However Bolt axe can hit skills, this is a way to optymalize at least a little Elise/Ryoma pair?

She will have E rank in everything and just wouldn't help that much. Just be a Maid or Wyvern Lord.

Edit: about bolt axe, it was said on wiki, when i checked weapons on bolt axe there was only "can't apply criticals" so this must be an error then~

That's because no weapon in-game has the description "can't perform skills". It's simply that when a weapon says "can't critical" it also can't perform skills. The description you saw was likely a translation of the generic "magic weapon / can't critcal hit" description that the Bolt Axe has in-game.

I must say you gave me some intresting thoughts.

Well Ryoma with Elise as a Revenant seems fine enough to keep this.

Also i can swap kids pairs to Ophelia/Shino and Midoriko/Shigure, Midoriko as Guard stance for Basara Shig seems fine, with her mods i can even go for Shura which might benefit Shigure or leave pairing as they are and as a Shura fix Shino def which doesn't seems bad either, fixing his def seems better doesn't it?

Edit:

That's because no weapon in-game has the description "can't perform skills". It's simply that when a weapon says "can't critical" it also can't perform skills. The description you saw was likely a translation of the generic "magic weapon / can't critcal hit" description that the Bolt Axe has in-game.

Maybe, however at Levin and Shirai nagitana it says "can't use skills" i just didn't knew all along with axe can't~ Thanks for putting that out anyway~

Edit2: I'll stay as Ophelia!Shig and Midoriko!Shino, Midoriko can easly patch Shino def so that's better option, also i'll swap Kaze and Saizou pairs. Really thanks for your ideas and help in general. c:

Edited by Eriotto

(Sorry for double post, wanted someone to see this tho)
In case of Elise and her being a weapon master, this would be waste of using on her arms scrolls? I think Elise as a weapons master would look funny, and probably i would like to play and try some diffrent things with characters lol.

Or rather, in invisible after last chapter in which you'll get units you have enough arms scrolls to do so?

Arms scrolls are a rarity in the game.

I don't recall much about the other games, but you pretty much can't rely on them

Since you really only get like, I think 2-4 at most

Well, far enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Hana has 10% Mag growth so Mitama will have higher Mag growth than Asama.

Even a 0% Mag mother will give Mitama higher growth than Jakob.

Mag is not so important for a healer. Mitama have good staff rank so she can be a good healer.

For Hana!Mitama i wasn't thinking about using her as support, honestly both Asama and Mitama aren't suited for it, Jakob, Felicia, Elise, whoever else will be better staffer than them imo. :P

If Setsuna!Hisame suffer from low growth i can't help it, no other mothers aviable, well at least Hinata will have bonuses he likes, right?

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry for double, didn't wanted to make new topic)
how big *-* modifier on SPD is dangerous for doubling for PVE/PVP?

Because of those mods i was wondering which pairing would be better:
Karegou/Saizou and Setsuna/Hinata OR Setsuna/Saizou and Kagerou/Hinata? I want them to benefit both kids and parent, at least at some point.

Edited by Eriotto