Any Avatar fans?

Dark_Melee64

I hope to make this thread all about Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra lol. <333 I found both shows on Show Box and got to rewatch them again.

Favorite character?

Favorite element?

Favorite moment?

Do you think there is more coming for the series?

Favorite Character: Prince Zuko
Favorite Element: Fire
Favorite Moment: There's alot... it's kinda hard to pick one but I really loved Zuko's character development in the series. Does that even count as a moment? lol

I hope there is! I'm still sad that The Legend of Korra is done :(

I've only watched a bit of the Last Airbender and nothing of Legend of Korra,but from what I can remember...

Favorite character? Aang. I find his character to be interesting and it's nice seeing him so zealous a lot of the time.

Favorite element? Water because me personally I think I would be a water bender because I love to swim and I like the idea of bending water because technically it's everywhere because of moisture in the air.

Favorite moment? The moment when Aang tries to impress the locals and the guy gets so excited froth pours from his mouth.

Favorite Character: Prince Zuko

Favorite Element: Fire

Favorite Moment: There's alot... it's kinda hard to pick one but I really loved Zuko's character development in the series. Does that even count as a moment? lol

I hope there is! I'm still sad that The Legend of Korra is done :(

Yes!! Zuko fan!!! He is also my favorite character too and I especially loved him more in Season 3 I feel like that season had more on his character on who he really is.

My fave element is a tie between air and earth. I have always been a fan of characters with wind powers but after seeing how earth is in Avatar especially that from Toph really made the element look fun like theres alot you can do with

Man my fave moment is a hard one too but I think what really got the ending where Zuko and Aang became good friends.

Haven't had the chance to watch Korra yet, but it's definitely on my to do list.

Favorite character: Iroh

Favorite element: Fire lightning bending FTW

Favorite moment: So many to choose from... I suppose when they free the earth benders from that prison on the water.

Sokka. The boomerang of justice is awesome and it cool that he learns the sword. Avatar has been one of the shows that I did not think I would like, but the story is so welll thought out. Never seen Korra. I heard it has been discontinued. That's a shame. Air.

Later edit: Favorite moment is when they were all sick and had to suck on frogs (sounds weird to say, frogs being in your mouth?)

Edited by Radiance

ALTA

Favorite character? Toph

Favorite element? earth

Favorite moment? Toph's introduction and Azula's last fight

LoK

Korra and my favorite moments were either the last few minutes of the series because it blew my mind they allowed Korrasami to happen or Korra fighting Zaheer because that was ridiculously amazing.

As a whole I think I prefer ATLA, but had the first 2 seasons of LoK been as amazing as the last 2 seasons it would have been tough to pick a winner.

Edited by angienessyo

I've only seen the first series and I absolutely loved it.

Favorite Character: Zuko, although this is hard to call, I like em all. Some of the best character development I've seen in a series period.

Favorite Element is probably Water, its just really cool how its implemented

Favorite Moment... Hmm, Zuko and Katara vs Azula was really awesome.

Edited by Jedi

Yeah I just finished rewatching the whole series, like a few days ago.

Fav character: Zuko - I ended up liking him way more than the actual protagonist of the series. It was great how his redemption story was really messy and not straight forward at all.

Element - I dunno, I guess Fire? But mostly for superficial reasons.

Moment - Hard to choose - I would say when Zuko and Aang meet the dragons.

Favorite character: Zuko, for his entire character arc but also for being more relatable to me than the rest of the cast. Toph is so close though, you guys have no idea. After that, it'd be Iroh and Sokka.

Favorite element: Air; it'd be great to be able to fly and just generally get around to places faster. In the context of the series, I like how it allows for more acrobatic combat and some neat moments where you're like "isn't airbending cool?".

Moment: The recap episode play. Also any moment involving Toph.

As a whole I think I prefer ATLA, but had the first 2 seasons of LoK been as amazing as the last 2 seasons it would have been tough to pick a winner.

Agreed! Season 2 of Korra was actually my favorite! It had more "Avatar" story concepts to like like Spirit World, Portals, and especially the best part was the first Avatar, (not to mention he is so hot when his hair get longer). Also what I loved about Season 2 was how it involved the Water Tribes. Back in ATLA despite Book 1 being called Water you spent 3 episodes all about water the previous episodes they always end up in Earth Kingdom villages. I felt that LOK was trying to bring it back a little.

God, my sister and I loved Avatar so much.

Favorite character: Katara. I really like characters who act like the babysitter of the group, and I enjoyed how she grew into such a strong character from a girl who could barely use her bending in the beginning. If not her, then Toph.

Favorite element: Water

Favorite moment: Hmm... this is tough. Either Azula's final fight or the Season 1 finale at the Northern Water tribe.

I only watched the first season of Korra, so... I guess the younger brother. What's his name again?

Favorite character: Katara. I really like characters who act like the babysitter of the group, and I enjoyed how she grew into such a strong character from a girl who could barely use her bending in the beginning. If not her, then Toph.

I only watched the first season of Korra, so... I guess the younger brother. What's his name again?

I get what you mean by that lol i love the part where the 4 of them are stuck in the Desert where Katara was the only one trying to keep them all together she just stares at the 3; you have Aang who is just fed up with everything, Toph who is tired and thirsty and then you see Sokka and Momo still hallucinating from the cactus juice XD XD XD. I can relate to her situation where you're the only one who believes we can make is through while everyone else is just like idk knocked out XD XD XD

And I love her water bending how she has improved from a smash splash to a huge ocean wave

Hahahahahaha Bolin XD XD I love that guy, My fave character from Korra is Avatar Wan, Varrick and Opal ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I really like it too.

My favorite character has to be Toph she is awesome. As for favorite element i would go with Air, it's my favorite element in general not just on Avatar so i'm highly biased xD, and i have to agree with some of you, although the show has many epic moments i think Azula's final battle is the best for me.

Avatar was the first really great show I saw. I've seen the whole series so many times. Though I never got past the first few episodes of Korra. Everyone tells me it gets way better, but it just didn't hook me like Airbender did. I'd say my favorite character is probably Sokka or Toph, favorite element is easily earth, and favorite moment is impossible. I always love the cactus juice trip in Season 2, the entire finale, and the episode Day of the Black Sun. All of it, but specifically the end.

• 3 months later...

Having completed both series, I can declare my opinion that Legend of Korra is a terrible show that ruined the masterpiece of The Last Airbender. I honestly wouldn't recommend watching Legend of Korra unless you just want a casually entertaining sequel as opposed to experiencing a deep significant story like Last Airbender.

Favorite Character: Zuko, followed closely by Azula and Ozai Toph

Favorite Element: Gonna go with Earth, but watching Avatar made me appreciate all three of Fire/Earth/Water. Ironically, I couldn't care less for Air.

Favorite Moment: It's been something like 8 years since I last watched it, and there loads of moments that I loved a lot, but the most distinctly memorable moment for me was when [book 3, Eclipse Part II spoilers] Zuko confronts his father and turns against him. Yeah, I know, it was neither action-packed nor humorous, but it was a strong and profound moment boiling down from all the tons of character development that Zuko got throughout the series that was presented really well imo.