do you think the localization will add dank memes?

maybe

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movie "300" is almost 9 years old. If I see the phrase "this is madness," I will legitimately laugh. I haven't heard that line since Smash Bros. Brawl's release where Ganondorf got a new forward tilt.

Edited by Giga Man

I'm glad 8-4 isn't working on this; I actually only found out about how Awakening was messed up through the shitshow that was the Gunvolt controversy. The vast majority of the text we've seen has been reasonably accurate (compared to 8-4 rewriting about 1/3 of Awakening), so I have at least some hope for the localization.

EDIT:

Gunvolt controversy?? Sorry to be off topic.

I'll put the details in a PM.

Edited by The DanMan

I'm glad 8-4 isn't working on this; I actually only found out about how Awakening was messed up through the shitshow that was the Gunvolt controversy. The vast majority of the text we've seen has been reasonably accurate (compared to 8-4 rewriting about 1/3 of Awakening), so I have at least some hope for the localization.

Gunvolt controversy?? Sorry to be off topic.

I think it depends. If they are in a humorous situation to begin with, example being Gaius and MU support where Gaius says that "If it is ransom you want, I can assure you I don't have any money, but what I do have is a very particular set of honey cakes." That is pretty funny, made me laugh when I read it. Subtle references or jokes like that I am fine with. It is when they insert this stuff in a serious situation that I have a problem. I am also not big on the whole meme stuff like the Doge joke because overall I don't find them that funny. I would much rather a subtle pop culture reference to a movie or a game of some kind. I think Borderlands 2 did it perfect. It was filled to the brim with pop culture references, but they were subtle and only people who understood it would get the reference to begin with.

Edited by Tolvir

I honestly don't mind it too much as long as there isn't too many that it gets ridiculous. For the case of Awakening, the only meme I could immediately recognize is the "My body is ready" one. And of course, there's Gaius and the Taken reference.

I find it somewhat easier to find sexual innuendos than it is to find memes or pop culture references.

Personally I would love more subtle movie and game references. They are fun to look for and hilarious when you find them. Especially when they get into the cult classic/ older movies like a funny ghost busters or Conan the barbarian reference.

Personally I would love more subtle movie and game references. They are fun to look for and hilarious when you find them. Especially when they get into the cult classic/ older movies like a funny ghost busters or Conan the barbarian reference.

OH MY GOD BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE if they did an obvious ghostbusters one

"kamui I TOLD YOU NOT TO CROSS THE STREAMS"

OH MY GOD BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE if they did an obvious ghostbusters one

"kamui I TOLD YOU NOT TO CROSS THE STREAMS"

It would be the best line in the entire game, lol. IS needs to make this happen in some kind of dlc.

Did anyone notice the Princess Bride reference in Inigo's Paralogue? The girl he is talking to he calls Buttercup. Don't know if it was intentional or not but it sounds like it was meant as a reference to Princess Buttercup from Princess Bride because of Inigo using the same name as Inigo Montoya.

Makes me wish they would of had a good "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die" reference in the game somewhere.

Edited by Tolvir

Did anyone notice the Princess Bride reference in Inigo's Paralogue? The girl he is talking to he calls Buttercup. Don't know if it was intentional or not but it sounds like it was meant as a reference to Princess Buttercup from Princess Bride because of Inigo using the same name as Inigo Montoya.

Makes me wish they would of had a good "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die" reference in the game somewhere.

Most likely.

F!Robin also has "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means" in her support with Inigo as well