Weapons you would like to see in Fire Emblem

Tolvir

I'd like too see a Fire Emblem based in a era in time thats not just mid-evil swords and magic. I was thinking some where towards a renaissance era where we can still have swords and magic, but we could add guns to the mix. However I don't think the series would move forward past that kind of era, because revolvers and automatic fire would push too far into the modern world.

I'd like too see a Fire Emblem based in a era in time thats not just mid-evil swords and magic. I was thinking some where towards a renaissance era where we can still have swords and magic, but we could add guns to the mix. However I don't think the series would move forward past that kind of era, because revolvers and automatic fire would push too far into the modern world.

I've said mentioned before (in this thread even?) that they were legitimately considering a Fire Emblem being set on Mars before deciding to play it safe with Awakening. So it is possible for IS to do something like that. Not entirely likely but possible. Additionally guns actually did exist throughout the apparent era most Fire Emblem games are set. They just weren't widespread or practical at the time.

Can I just use a boomerang ;~;

I have a weird love of using them in video games.

I envision it as a single weapon with no weapon rank and removed from the weapon triangle. It can attack at 1-2 range and is pretty weak but comes with the advantage of having massive durability. Maybe even make it useable with a skill like Knives in POR except it's a skill you can find and equip to anyone (except manaketes...actually yeah let's have them throw boomerangs too).

Edited by Jotari

It's easier to list weapons i DON'T want to see.

Special mention to Schytes. They. Are. Not. Weapons, they're farming tools and are unsuitable for combat.

Well what if you have to play a chapter where you're forcibly putting down a peasant uprising and all they have are scythes and axes? Or just go full demon and have a literal monster fight/join your army. I don't think either of those cases would be too incongruous.

Well what if you have to play a chapter where you're forcibly putting down a peasant uprising and all they have are scythes and axes? Or just go full demon and have a literal monster fight/join your army. I don't think either of those cases would be too incongruous.

I could see that, but only if they have crappy stats (for the first idea) or are magic-based (for the second one).

Special mention to Schytes. They. Are. Not. Weapons, they're farming tools and are unsuitable for combat.

Anything's a weapon if you want it to be/intend for it to be one

Edited by Soledai

Anything's a weapon if you want it to be/intend for it to be one

That doean't apply to all cases, i can make an axe into a weapon if i want to, same thing for hammers and some other things, schythes however, are unsuitable for combat, not only is the blade on the inside, which makes it very difficult to actually land a hit with it, it's weight is also much more unbalanced than other polearms. Trying to turn a schythe into a weapon is as practical as turning a stick into a weapon (And depending on the thickness of the stick, it would actually make for a better weapon).

I've said mentioned before (in this thread even?) that they were legitimately considering a Fire Emblem being set on Mars before deciding to play it safe with Awakening. So it is possible for IS to do something like that. Not entirely likely but possible. Additionally guns actually did exist throughout the apparent era most Fire Emblem games are set. They just weren't widespread or practical at the time.

Guns and artillery that work like devil weapons and have to potential to blow up in your own face would be fun.

The boomerang suggestion would also be fun.

That doean't apply to all cases, i can make an axe into a weapon if i want to, same thing for hammers and some other things, schythes however, are unsuitable for combat, not only is the blade on the inside, which makes it very difficult to actually land a hit with it, it's weight is also much more unbalanced than other polearms. Trying to turn a schythe into a weapon is as practical as turning a stick into a weapon (And depending on the thickness of the stick, it would actually make for a better weapon).

The scythe was actually used as a weapon in medieval times. It's not the type of scythe people are used to, but it was. It was pretty much the scythe but with the blade turned upwards instead of the other way. It was used against cavalry charges. It was essentially a spear with a really long blade at the end.

The scythe was actually used as a weapon in medieval times. It's not the type of scythe people are used to, but it was. It was pretty much the scythe but with the blade turned upwards instead of the other way. It was used against cavalry charges. It was essentially a spear with a really long blade at the end.

This. Actual war scythes are probably too close to spears or naginata to really warrant their inclusion.

[spoiler=War Scythe]

DSCF3289a.png?v=1423668856

Could just use them as a spear lance weapon with effectiveness against mounted units. It's not like a hammer has any business being in the axe weapon group either.

Edited by Jotari

• 2 weeks later...