Will we ever get a new Tellius game? After the poor sales of both radiant dawn and Path of Radiance?

NewDisplayName

I only want a new Tellius game if it explores more the Branded, they were the most under-used aspect of those games, for better or for worse, nearly every other idea or plot thread got explored and resolved.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yune should have possessed Ike!

'Cept Ike wasn't the Begnion apostle... :P Remember, only the one true apostle can have the goddess speak to her and through her.

She couldn't. In fact, Sanaki not being Apostle material is kind of a plot point in RD.

I'm aware of that, but the fact is that if Miccy didn't exist, Sanaki COULD be possesed by Yune, so introducing her in RD is about as pointless as Parts 1 and 2 of RD.

If Micaiah could secretly bee the Apostle than so could Ike! I want to see a chaotic loli goddess possessing our big buff hero. Is that too much to ask?

Edited by Jotari

But how would you explain Ike being the apostle when his parents were from Daein and stuff? :P

Also, this would take away Ike's uniqueness of being the only main character in the series that isn't of noble/royal birth. D:

Edited by Anacybele

Micaiah's from Daein. Doesn't stop her. Doubly so since it's only ever specified that Sanaki's Grandmother was the apostle.

Edited by Jotari

But how would you explain Ike being the apostle when his parents were from Daein and stuff? :P

Also, this would take away Ike's uniqueness of being the only main character in the series that isn't of noble/royal birth. D:

Can be easily handwaved by saying that the position of Apostle is chosen by character, not bloodline.

We didn't know anything of her parents or family though. We already knew some stuff about Ike's parents.

EDIT: But it IS chosen by bloodline. Only the firstborn of descendants of Altina is the apostle.

Another thing, simply having Yune possess Ike instead would just shove Ike aside rather than Micaiah. And I don't think EITHER of them should be shoved aside.

Edited by Anacybele

Actually the few stuff we do know about Ike's family would have supported the idea pretty well since his mother and Mist could both touch the medallion. In fact that realisation and how little Michaiah is foreshadowed in Path of Radiance makes me wonder if in the original draft when it was just one game, maybe Mist would have been Yune's voice. In terms of appearance they do look pretty similar and we never get any explanation for Mist's unique trait.

Edited by Jotari

Isn't the trait about having perfect balance between Chaos and Order?

To me it doesn't sound like the sort of stuff that could be passed down... but then again...

If there is a Jugdral remake (to exploit the idea of keeping the children mechanic alive) I wonder how the Avatar would be incorporated into the story, if at all. The Avatar in New Mystery, and to a lesser extent Awakening, felt sort of tacked on, and there was a good bit of ass-kissing (especially in New Mystery), so I wonder how they would both avoid that and make Avatar relevant to the story.

I remember having an idea about this not long after Awakening came out. The main thought I had was that the most likely spot for the insertion of an Avatar would be for them to outright replace Oifey. It fits as Oifey was Sigurd's tactician and is one of the characters present in both generations. They'd probably give you the choice to pick any holy blood you desire (sans Heim and Loptyr) under the pretense that you're a foreign prince/princess under the training of Sigurd.

I don't agree. If you take out parts 1 and 2, there is no new Daein ruler, thus there is no one for Lekain to trick into signing a blood pact. And there is no Silver-Haired Maiden or sighting of the BK for Bastian to report to Elincia and then for Elincia to tell Ike. Ike's group would never even need to appear because there is no Crimean civil war brewing and Bastian doesn't hire them to save Lucia. Lucia isn't even in danger and Ludveck isn't trying to take the throne. Elincia's development is all taken away. Ike doesn't ever get to find out who the BK is and get true closure on his father's death either.

At first glance, it might not seem like parts 1 and 2 are that relevant, but they are by way of some little details that help lead to the events of parts 3 and 4.

As much as I like parts 1 & 2, I do think they are highly irrelevant to the overarching plot of PoR and RD.

To counter the points you brought up:

- There never needed to be a "new Daein ruler to sign blood pact". If part 1 hadn't happened, Daein could have been the enemy because they were under Begnion's control. Which would have made much more sense than bloody blood pacts anyways.

- Why did we need Silver-Haired Maiden anyways, except to make Micaiah a special snowflake?

- Black Knight sightings could have easily happened without part 1. "Hey, I heard Black Knight is back" hardly needs a story about Daein escaping Begnion control (or Crimea's internal struggles for that matter)

- Ike's group never needed to disappear. Heck, if part 1 & 2 didn't exist, the game would start with them.

- Lucia in danger and Ludveck plot have no relevance to part 3 & 4 so they are easily skippable

- Elincia's lack of development would suck, but then she hardly exists in parts 3 & 4 anyways

- Ike finds out about Black Knight in part 3-4, I don't see how removing 1-2 affects that.

Now, as I said, I like parts 1 & 2 (more than 3 & 4 in fact). I wouldn't want to see them gone. They work as nice continuation to PoR by showing what went on in Daein and Crimea and that not everything was sunshine and rainbows after Ashnard dies. Elincia's development in part 2 is really nice too, etc.

However, if we had got a Tellius story that was PoR + RD parts 3&4 (with the very small amount of changes removal of 1&2 would require) the main plot wouldn't be any worse for it. Honestly, parts 1 & 2 are like extended side stories to the rest of the plot.

(I also agree with whoever it was that said that it wouldn't require that much change to have part 4 follow directly from PoR).

tl;dr version: part 1 & 2 aren't relevant to the plot, but they do add flavor to the story and the world.

I'd say, if we are talking about when the game was in development, then it wouldn't be that far-fetched for pieces of the plot to be removed or changed in development, or simply not surfacing at all. It happens pretty much all the time. Almost no first-draft ever survives intact, or almost intact. If Parts 1 & 2 never reached the final draft, then Parts 3 & 4 would've simply been worked down different, depending on what exactly happened with 1 & 2. But of course, we can only look back in hindsight when all was said and done.

How about Yune does the fire thing she does in the final cinematic when talking to Ike to address people

Then no one would get shoved aside~!

This comment has made me realise there was no real reason to make Yune possess anyone (from a design standpoint). She could have been her own unique character with her own unique stats available for the End Game like they did with Athos and Gotoh. Realising that has made me dislike the Micaiah possession even more. Though I'd still think it'd be funny as hell if she possessed Ike.

I general I like two minds in one body plots.I think the reason the whole Yune and Micaiah thing falls flat on it's face so much is that we never get to see those two interacting with each other directly. Micaiah talks about how it feels to have Yune possess her and Yune does mention Michaiah but we don't see those directly talk to one another or form any sort of meaningful connection. This regulates Micaiah to being about as important as Sothe and leaves Yune as little more than an exposition dump. The only scene I can think of where they were on the right track is where Yune is alone with the Black Knight's corpse after Ike leaves and she notes how Michaiah is feeling.

Edited by Jotari