The Weekly "Vicar of Music" Thread

Esme

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's pretty much decided at this point, but I'm gonna vote for (the third time) Pharoahe Monch

and yeah, it does see we're running into the same problem we've had with previous threads... (rip sf music club i, ii)

I think even if we run out of new people willing to post, it'll be easier to keep this up than the old music clubs. So I will retain my hope that it will continue to live for a while yet

I can't wait to really get stuck into the new vicar's music. I really eat up that shit. I lap that shit up. What I'm saying is, I can't wait to Monsch on it. pharoah

LAST DAY HYPE BOYS

[spoiler=O'Brother - Easy Talk (Open Your Mouth)]

I feel a list involving music of any sort would be incomplete (for me) without my one true love, O'Brother. Since I've already shared all of Disillusion in a previous music club, I decided to pull from their debut, Garden Window. It's really hard to pick a favorite from it since every song is a standout, but I thought going with the prettiest song off of it would be a good idea. From the slightly ambient and airy mood/atmosphere, to the way the song subtlety changes in the second half, I just love it. I'll stop gushing over this so you can listen to it.

Further Listening: You know what to do. Garden Window: sludgy, ambient, naturey-sounding. Disillusion: Moody, atmospheric, spooky (I guess). Also, The Death of Day (EP) is really good too, so try that out too if you liked this song!

Thanks for listening guys! I hope this week was somewhat decent. Love you all! <3

I now relinquish the vicar crown (or something) to Pharoahe Monch! Get hyped.

Edited by Disinnocence

i have a radical idea because we have had exactly 7 vicars why dont we take turns posting songs every day

starting right now lmfao

its saturday and my lung hurts again and im reminiscing about all the melodramatic teenage relationships i never had so that means it's time for !!!midwest emo!!!

i have no apologist blurb for this song. you're gonna have to deal with the fact that i've hijacked this thread and made you listen to shitty angsty teenager music and that you're going to have to follow up with something tomorrow and you're going to like it

i guess first come first serve works because the rules are all fucked anyway so if you come in one day and there's no song up yet just go ahead and make the day yours man, it's you, you're carping that mother fucking diem

meanwhile we're gonna vote on the next vicar (loop back? yes, i think) who is going to assume at usual schedule

this has been a psa by your friendly neighbourhood thread-hijacking terrorist, message over