The Weekly "Vicar of Music" Thread

Esme

[kneels before liege]

i listened to that first cocorosie album years back and loved it as well, but never checked out their other stuff. any of it worthwhile?

I think so. Noah's Ark, Grey Oceans, and The Adventures of Ghosthorse and Stillborn are pretty interesting, but those albums are kinda the point where one of the sisters changed her vocal style to this raspy kind of singing that I think might be off-putting to some people, kinda like Joanna Newsom's pre-HOOM voice. Their most recent album, Heartbreak City, is really cool, definitely a lot better than Tales of a Grasswidow which I honestly could not get into. IMO, that one's probably their poorest one. I'd skip it.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joanna Newsom's pre-HOOM voice

MEM may not be the best joanna newsom album but it's definitely the best lisa simpson album ppl forget that

EDIT: where are my manners, thanks for the recs

Edited by Dijon Mustard

MEM may not be the best joanna newsom album but it's definitely the best lisa simpson album ppl forget that

truuuuuuu

I loved that vaporwave song

hong kong express is really good

like a lot of vaporwave artists tend to just make boring loops, but I feel like HKE is really consistent

speaking of delicious, this band is named after something especially delicious... blood!

[spoiler=Honeyblood, Fall Forever]

woooo looks like I managed not to skip a day

my excuse for not being here is because i was stuck in a turkish prison for a few days. ... okay, not actually the case, just busy.

anyway, got some weird and different stuff this time around, which is definitely enjoyable.

honeyblood sounds like some good shit too. reminds me of silversun pickups but this time with an actual female lead singer.

i'll be sure to check out the rest of that lp.

Edited by Disinnocence

didn't used to associate wong kar-wai with vaporwave meme artists but now i do. big week.

silversun pickups but this time with an actual female lead singer

i accept he's a dude but i still don't believe he's a dude

esme can post 2 more tracks if His Eminence (His Esmenence!) doth so choose. but, this is a Vicar Of The Week thread not a Vicar Of The Unwind Your Mind From The Illusion Of Time thread. my vote is for ambling falchion; i'll change it to a lurker party candidate if asked politely

I-Voted-Today-Sticker.jpeg

Damn, I always forget to post stuff.

I'll make sure to post my last two songs later on today when I get h o m e.

pretty silent week so far. john cage would encourage us to find music in the silence (or something, iono), but what if we did that thing we did a couple months back? where someone hijacks the thread each day until we have our next vicar?

here's a classic dance track; have a lovely night

i accept he's a dude but i still don't believe he's a dude

sometimes i sort of wish i never discovered the lead singer was a dude and i could have gone on with life, blissfully unaware.

also, what the fuck are we gonna do about this thread right now? there hasn't been any songs posted in three days and i'm fearful the pause in the constant barrage of music will cause the masses to grow restless and, dare i say, start thinking independently...

edit: oh, never mind. problem solved, i suppose.

Edited by Disinnocence