Are you guys burnt out with fire emblem

scrub_Lord

I'm burned out on Awakening, I just can't play it anymore. There are some other games in the series that I feel burned out to a lesser extent (FE6 and tellius). I have no problem playing the other FE games, like, I play FE7 all the time and still love it. I'm extremely hyped for Fire Emblem Fates.

Edited by Perfect Nobody

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. At least im not burned out on the actual games. Im really pissed off and burned out with the fandom though.

This is how I feel like.

I swear the fandom can be quite the hassle sometimes.

Although as much as I may roll my eyes I will never stop enjoying fire emblem.

I got burnt out of Awakening halfway-through, and I'll probably never gonna play FE7 ever again, because I played this game far too many times.

This will happens from times to times with each new entry, but as long as there are new games with significant poses between each, I'll continue to fight play.

This is not the easiest serie to love, but it sure is a rewarding experience.

I'm absolutely burnt out with the series. I'm extremely disenchanted with the direction the series has gone since Radiant Dawn, despite the fact that Awakening "revitalized" it. I had planned on continuing to support the series by buying Fates (and at least giving it a chance), but the fact that Nintendo had the audacity to release a cartridge that has all 3 campaigns on it and limit it to a Special Edition that, like usual, they cannot meet the demand for was the breaking point, and, frankly, I'm glad.

I live in a rural area, so my options for internet are actually only one option, and, added to that, the connection has been slow enough lately that it's problematic. (Unfortunately, it's not slow enough to get the ISP off of their ass and fix it.) Therefore, I cannot take the "normal" option of buying one version and buying the "DLC" for the other two and download them - the special edition was my only option. So, thank you, Nintendo, for helping me decide something I had already been tossing around.

If by burnt out you mean taking a break after months on end of me just playing FE games, then yes. Still deciding on getting Fates, it's not much of a priority for me anymore.

Edited by DragonLord

Yes. I find myself playing Fates less and less. I burned myself out on Fates faster than I burned myself out on Awakening, and I feel like I burned myself out on Awakening faster than I did on the previous games. I'm still getting Fates when it comes out in the U.S., but a lot of my hype is gone. I can't foresee myself getting FE15 unless they change the direction of the series.

Awakening was fun, but I got burned out playing it because of how grind-heavy the post-game is. Won't be getting Fates either; potentially good gameplay doesn't make up for how horrible it looks aesthetically.

I'll occasionally come back to Tellius, but even those games can burn out, so it's a sparse thing. In general there are too many good games elsewhere and too little free time on my hands for me to care about Fire Emblem now days.

Edited by Radiant head

I'm absolutely burnt out with the series. I'm extremely disenchanted with the direction the series has gone since Radiant Dawn, despite the fact that Awakening "revitalized" it. I had planned on continuing to support the series by buying Fates (and at least giving it a chance), but the fact that Nintendo had the audacity to release a cartridge that has all 3 campaigns on it and limit it to a Special Edition that, like usual, they cannot meet the demand for was the breaking point, and, frankly, I'm glad.

I live in a rural area, so my options for internet are actually only one option, and, added to that, the connection has been slow enough lately that it's problematic. (Unfortunately, it's not slow enough to get the ISP off of their ass and fix it.) Therefore, I cannot take the "normal" option of buying one version and buying the "DLC" for the other two and download them - the special edition was my only option. So, thank you, Nintendo, for helping me decide something I had already been tossing around.

Dude, even with the special edition, you have to download the paths. The only thing is with it, they are included with price so you already paid for all three routes. I think it takes you to a screen where you redeem a code or something, but you still gotta download it. At least especially with Revelations. So if you had the Special Edition and your internet is that assy, i think it would be an issue either way. (meaning your nabbing of Revelations would just...: () Sucks you couldnt get a copy /pat

Absolutely not. Sort of.

I still feel like playing:

Mystery

Thracia

Binding Blade

Shadow Dragon

Fates

The other games won't ever offer me new experiences, but I still find these games super fun.

Idk what everyone's problem with Fates is. Kozaki's a wonderful artist, the music is grand, the classes are unique, the mechanics are fun, avatars and marriage are great, same-sex S Supports, and a ton of replayablity. I think a ton of people fall into the error of judging based on appearances instead of giving it a fair chance. Best since Binding Blade tbh.

Idk what everyone's problem with Fates is. Kozaki's a wonderful artist, the music is grand, the classes are unique, the mechanics are fun, avatars and marriage are great, same-sex S Supports, and a ton of replayablity. I think a ton of people fall into the error of judging based on appearances instead of giving it a fair chance. Best since Binding Blade tbh.

Kozaki's a wonderful artist: subjective; some people either don't like his style that much or prefer others. There's nothing wrong with either opinion.

Music is grand: subjective, even if I do agree the music is good. It's still only one element

Classes are unique: same with every other FE

Mechanics are fun: subjective, I may like it but I have several friends on SF who disagree. Nothing wrong with that.

Avatars and marriage are great: SUBJECTIVE AS ALL FUCK. Personally, I despise both but that's just like, my opinion.

Same-sex S-supports: Sure, progress is good

Replayability: Replayability varies for everyone. I did replay Fates a lot, sure, but I found that it had less replayability for me than the other FEs.

Freyjadour, what is the point of your "idk what everyone's problem with Fates"? Are you trying to bait a war? Do you not understand what opinions are? Also, I gave Fates a fair chance. I got the Japanese version and a Japanese 3DS for it. I think my opinions on the game are pretty fair since I played it. If you like Fates and aren't burned out with FE, great! But keep things like "idk what people's problems with Fates are" to yourself unless you want to start a fight. In which case I'm going to have to have a "talk" with you again.

No. At least im not burned out on the actual games. Im really pissed off and burned out with the fandom though.

Literally this, I still have a fantastic time with each of the games, but the fricken fanbase can really kill a mood at times.

I'm super hyped for Fates, and even the FE games I don't have as much fun with,FE4 and RD, I still really enjoy them when I play them, so bring on the three separate games IS. I'm not driving

Edited by MCProductions

To add a bit to my previous post, the cycle for FE games is that I slowly play one of the games, add on other playthroughs of itself or others until there's like 4 or 5, and then stop. I doubt I'll play either of the Tellius games again. Or Awakening. 7, 8, and 11 too to a lesser extent, as it's doubtful if I'll get an urge to play them again without boring myself partway in. 7 playthroughs stop ~Ch16, 8 playthroughs stop ~Ch6, and 11 playthroughs stop ~Ch4. I've also never even completed any of the FE not mentioned (AKA to Japanese ones). I'm not gonna even bother with 1, 2 gets tedious and it falls apart when I start grinding just because I can, 3 is at least somewhat interesting for the time being, I have a ton of 4 playthroughs that are abandoned at some random chapter from 2-9 because I get bored/lose interest, 5 is at least somewhat interesting for the time being (though I do have like 2 or 3 abandoned files no later than 14x), 6 is the only I'm playing currently, though I only play one chapter at a time (I did have a playthrough that went to 14 and was abandoned a couple years ago), and 12 I've just abandoned because I don't feel like playing it anymore (10x).

I have hope for Fates that it won't be boring. I hope I can make it through the 3 routes because they sound distinct enough, but after that I don't know.

Even though it's off topic, the thing with Pokemon is: play one of the games up to like the second or third badge, drop it, do it again with another, and then wonder if 7th gen will be boring and a disappointment. SMT's is: pick a game, play it for a week or two, and then stop because fuck that shit, repeat until I get bored of it.

Edited by Konnor97

I'm done with the series unless FE15 is completely different from 13 and 14 but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

Only finished FE13 for the sake of completing it and I don't know if I could play the FE games I actually enjoyed anymore.

Burned out on awakening after one playthruogh, because being able to grind made it hard to resist so i did. A lot. This happens every time i try to play through again, always (exept for the first time) before i actually complete the game. I'm getting fates because it looks like that will be less of an issue this time, because you lose money grinding (unless you do tings like grind coins, which i can resist doing).

As for the other games, FE4 is the only one that i play through over and over, because i actually burn out on most games really easily. I always come back to SOME game in the series after a hiatus to play something else, though.

Edited by sirmola

I've said this before, but it's how I feel as well.

Perhaps the thing that has been nagging me the most lately is that a lot of people seem to be assuming that "Everybody is going to hate Fates".

Yes and no. At this point, I'm a bit tired of the fandom. Especially fans of 6-7; 9-10 telling 13 fans that their games suck, when the same thing happened back in the day 3-4-5 fans telling the 6-7 fans that their game were kiddified garbage back in the day. I mean I understand people not liking the newer games, but putting down fans of them right now is doubly old to me, as that happened back in the past as well. The fanbase shouldn't be so hostile to each other.

As for Fates, I'm not thrilled with how it's done, but I completely understand why they did it. I'm only going to be playing Rev so I don't burn myself out playing all three routes.

Edited by Draxal

Yes and no. At this point, I'm a bit tired of the fandom. Especially fans of 6-7; 9-10 telling 13 fans that their games suck, when the same thing happened back in the day 3-4-5 fans telling the 6-7 fans that their game were kiddified garbage back in the day. I mean I understand people not liking the newer games, but putting down fans of them right now is doubly old to me, as that happened back in the past as well. The fanbase shouldn't be so hostile to each other.

Does that really happen? I've been around for a decent length of time when some of the games were new but I haven't really noticed any consistencies or groupings when people were complaining about the old games. Or to the same degree that fans of the older games would be completely turned off the newer ones as people seem to be with Awakening. Edited by Tryhard

It was definitely a theme at FESS (I believe this forum was a migration of that forum .. but I was kinda away from the fandom at that time when FESS disappeared so I'm not sure if this is true) but not nowhere to the degree that it happens now and not as hostile (partly because the Fire Emblem population now is a billion times larger than now). Kaga leaving the series was a BIG thing, and the reaction to six wasn't that positive in the beginning, especially when 5 was so beloved.

Edited by Draxal

Not really, They make new Fire Emblems like once every few years, although this time they have 3 games at once so I don't know what'll happen. I'm currently playing Fates but I'm spacing out the play throughs of each path so I don't get burnt out.

I was actually completely burnt out a couple months back, around the end of school in... August, I think

But now that Fartes is coming out, I'm really pumped and have been played vanilla FE and hacked FE a lot recently

Despite what I said before, I was excited as hell when Fates was announce and arrived, and I will definitely buy each version of the game whenever it's out here (well,,buy one, download the othe or buy the Special Edition, but you see what I mean...).

Literally this, I still have a fantastic time with each of the games, but the fricken fanbase can really kill a mood at times.

I'm super hyped for Fates, and even the FE games I don't have as much fun with,FE4 and RD, I still really enjoy them when I play them, so bring on the three separate games IS. I'm not driving

Well... 50%-60% of FE Fanbase is raging about FE (especially the newest one : each new FE is the worst since at least FE8)

The rest of the fanbase is raging about the fanbase.

What's good is that no one will took our community down because we're eager to destroy it ourselves.

Edited by Tamanoir