Attn: Australians who preordered Special Edition from EBGames 13/11/2015

nordopolica

Not sure if there's literally anyone else in this boat because I'm sure almost everyone is more patient than me, but I preordered the Special Edition as soon as it went up. And I mean, as soon as they went live. I was refreshing EBGames' page after the Direct until it showed up.

At that point, the price was erroneously listed as AUD 99.95. 'A good price,' I thought to myself while considering the JP and US prices, patting myself on the back for being part of such a suddenly-reasonable species.

No such luck, as it was soon (in a matter of hours) changed to $199.95.

I emailed EB to inquire about my order in November, to check if it was still valid and if I could just pay the correct price in-store as I had already put in my deposit, and only now got a reply.

So, if you're like me and jumped the gun, you may be pleased to know that EBgames is apparently prepared to discount it to the original (wrong) price! Not sure if they'll uphold this promise or communicate it to my local store (I'm prepared to have an awkward retail conversation upon picking it up.)

The email says:

"In saying this as it was an error on our part we will be honouring the price which was listed when the preorder was taken.

You will not be charged the extra $100 as when you preordered it was listed as the cheaper price."

So, good news? Anyone? Is it literally just me?

Has there been any news about the EB placeholder price dropping? Bravely Second has way more in it and recently dropped by about $50 so I'm hoping Fates will do the same.

Has there been any news about the EB placeholder price dropping? Bravely Second has way more in it and recently dropped by about $50 so I'm hoping Fates will do the same.

No word, but I'm expecting at least a partial drop when the PAL release date is announced? Surely they can't be asking that much when it is so much cheaper everywhere else? If Bravely Second got the treatment, I do expect Fates to do so too. Keep your hopes up.

No word, but I'm expecting at least a partial drop when the PAL release date is announced? Surely they can't be asking that much when it is so much cheaper everywhere else? If Bravely Second got the treatment, I do expect Fates to do so too. Keep your hopes up.

Yeah, I was expecting a drop as well. If it drops to $150 I'll be picking it up and preordering. It's funny because EB is still trying to convince me right now that the placeholder price is fair and that it'll work out cheaper.

Yes, out of 20 million Australians, you're the only one.

I haven't even looked into it, so too bad for me.

I was making a joke, but ok. I was referring to only people on Serenes, not in all of Australia. The email made it sound as if this had only happened in a few isolated circumstances, as I can imagine would have happened in the - what - hour window where the price had screwed up? So I wasn't even sure if this would be relevant to anyone on here, but thanks for the superfluous comment anyway.

That's a running joke, I guess it's more obscure than I thought.

But surely more than one person in Aus preordered immediately.

Yeah, I'm certain I'm not the only one and even a friend of mine just told me she'd done the same. Sorry if I came off as rude lol.

NP, it's my fault for not using strikethrough anyway.

But is the correct price really $200? If the pricing scheme is the same as in other regions, that suggests a single path is $100, which is pretty steep even for Australia.

But is the correct price really $200? If the pricing scheme is the same as in other regions, that suggests a single path is $100, which is pretty steep even for Australia.

Hopefully they make adjustments when the release date is announced for EU but as for now they seem to be sticking to their guns. Even the email I got seemed to imply that $200 would be the final price. We don't even get some of the bonuses the Americans get (pouch and keychains). Don't know where they pulled that number out from.

The staff at the store I frequent (who are still trying to convince me to order) are pretty confident that $200 will be the final price. I really hope that it isn't though. I mean, in my opinion you get more with the Bravely Second Collectors Edition than you do the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition and that got dropped down to about $150. $200 implies that you're paying roughly full retail price for each path, well, to me anyway.

The staff at the store I frequent (who are still trying to convince me to order) are pretty confident that $200 will be the final price. I really hope that it isn't though. I mean, in my opinion you get more with the Bravely Second Collectors Edition than you do the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition and that got dropped down to about $150. $200 implies that you're paying roughly full retail price for each path, well, to me anyway.

You are. It would be $60 for all three routes and $20 extra for the bonus stuff

Birthright and Conquest are $59.95 AUD each at EBGames, but the Special Edition is $199.95 AUD. So the special edition costs more than 3 times the price of one path.