Potential confirmation of no dual-audio

jabberish

I was one of the people positive there'd be dual audio from the start. I thought it was unrealistic to lose expectations based on just Xenoblade X.

But for the doubters' sake, I asked. And I received an answer. And it was disappointing.

That was enough for me to crack and realize it wasn't going to be there. And that I should have had less idealistic and more realistic expectations.

Don't believe me? Fine. But if you e-mail them yourself, you'll get the same answer...

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/ask/ht/295/cp/593/mq/319

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally switched back and forth between audio when playing Awakening, since both were great. If dual audio is actually removed I'll miss some of the VA's I was looking foward to, like Kaji Yuki and Miyuki Sawashiro, but oh well...

I was one of the people positive there'd be dual audio from the start. I thought it was unrealistic to lose expectations based on just Xenoblade X.

But for the doubters' sake, I asked. And I received an answer. And it was disappointing.

That was enough for me to crack and realize it wasn't going to be there. And that I should have had less idealistic and more realistic expectations.

Don't believe me? Fine. But if you e-mail them yourself, you'll get the same answer...

I still haven't gotten an answer though! its so annoying!

I won't give up hope of dual audio till the very end!

(maybe they'll release it as free dlc down the road but that seems unlikely)

Edited by goldenlance7

Sorry Technickal, but I think it's alright to be skeptical after some of the hoaxes that have been made with these news. At this point some of us just want to wait and see.

same here, I noticed that during the whole "kotaku and skinship thread" we got a lot of new members. no telling how many trolls it attracted

however that large file size and the removal of skinship gives me the feeling that we will get dual audio

It's not like you should be trying to convince people, anyway. If you're not lying, and I have no reason to think that you are, we will know in a short amount of time anyway. Knowing earlier isn't going to change anything.

Exactly a day.

Also, mobile screenshot (because they're harder to forge): https://cloud.openmailbox.org/index.php/s/JPVUJ0hSssOFZ0Z

well, the support line is only told so much

and judging by the wording indicates that the game (not the audio) will be english only

oh Naga, what's next, the bikini costumes

DANM IT, I think I just jinxed us,

sorry

well, the support line is only told so much

and judging by the wording indicates that the game (not the audio) will be english only

oh Naga, what's next, the bikini costumes

DANM IT, I think I just jinxed us,

sorry

Don't worry about it I still haven't gotten the email also no one else has said anything about getting this email doesn't that seem strange?

(if it does turn out be true your not the person who I would be mad at so don't worry your just trying to help.

EDIT; theres also the possibility that they'll at in later. I'm not in denial!

Edited by goldenlance7

Don't worry about it I still haven't gotten the email also no one else has said anything about getting this email doesn't that seem strange?

(if it does turn out be true your not the person who I would be mad at so don't worry your just trying to help.

EDIT; theres also the possibility that they'll at in later. I'm not in denial!

There's a chance that you and I won't get an e-mail back until tomorrow since it is the weekend and most offices are usually closed on Sundays.

I'm not that worried about it, I feel like I'm the only one who found it a little strange that the email was recieved on Sat

we'll know when preloading begins and everyone begins digging through the files

There's a chance that you and I won't get an e-mail back until tomorrow since it is the weekend and most offices are usually closed on Sundays.

oh I didn't think of that thank you for telling me.

I'm not that worried about it, I feel like I'm the only one who found it a little strange that the email was recieved on Sat

we'll know when preloading begins and everyone begins digging through the files

I see. I on the other hand am extremely worried about this I'm losing my mind I think I'm going to go calm

down and play some awakening as opposed to hanging around this board 24/7 in the silly hope we get some new information.also that is a good point about receiving the email on saturday honestly I hope that the person who got the email did photoshop it as then I'd actually wouldn't be mad as silly as that sounds.

EDIT;oh also if it isn't there then I hope I can have a mute corrin like in the gameplay video's

Edited by goldenlance7

a bluray holds way more data as a Wii U disk

bluray

1 layer 25gb

2 layer 50gb

3 layer or BDXL 100gb-128gb

Wii U

25gb

not to mention we have no idea how much actual free space the Wii U's disk actually has

A Wii U one layer disc IS 25 GBs. I don't think we've gotten a dual-layered Wii U disc yet.

A Wii U one layer disc IS 25 GBs. I don't think we've gotten a dual-layered Wii U disc yet.

the wii u has nothing to do with this

and yes, xenoblade x filled the disc, that's why we had to download data packs (also to help with loading bacause the wii u is a very slow system)

This is the response I got from Nintendo of America:

"Hello Kent,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo. The Nintendo of America versions of Fire Emblem: Fates (Conquest, Birthright, and Revelation) have been changed to not include the ability to touch various body parts to improve the relationships between the player and in-game characters. When we localize a game, we do so in order to make it appropriate for that particular territory. All our choices were made from that point of view. We want to assure you that your comments will be added to our records for this game and will be made available for other departments at the company to review and thoughtfully consider.

Additionally, at this time we have not made any announcements regarding the addition of dual-audio tracks for the title either. If we do make a statement on the matter, you'll find all the details on our official website (www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) or the website for the game (fireemblemfates.nintendo.com)

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Reese Nicholson"
I can provide a screen shot of my e-mail if you guys want, but according to that response, dual audio is neither confirmed to be removed or confirmed to be present in the game.

I can provide a screen shot of my e-mail if you guys want, but according to that response, dual audio is neither confirmed to be removed or confirmed to be present in the game.

Lmao it doesn't even sound like they read your question properly. Like, did they honestly get so many responses about skinship that every email they get, they just assume it's about skinship and then copy and paste accordingly? Like I see how they added a response to your question at the end but dang.

Unless you also asked about Skinship.

Edited by carefreejules

Lmao it doesn't even sound like they read your question properly. Like, did they honestly get so many responses about skinship that every email they get, they just assume it's about skinship and then copy and paste accordingly? Like I see how they added a response to your question at the end but dang.

Unless you also asked about Skinship.

Oh, I mentioned the skinship rumor in my e-mail as well.

Ahhh OK. For a minute there I'm like "I love how they also had to throw in the skinship announcement as well to the dual audio question."

Yeah. I forgot to mention that I also brought up the skinship rumor in my e-mail to them. Also, here's the tweet I posted with the three screen shots of the e-mail for more clarification on what I sent them.

the wii u has nothing to do with this

and yes, xenoblade x filled the disc, that's why we had to download data packs (also to help with loading bacause the wii u is a very slow system)

Wrong. The Wii U has everything to do with this. The system uses a proprietary disc type reminiscent of Blu-Ray, but it's not Blu-Ray since they'd have to pay licensing to Sony. The Wii U being fast or slow has nothing to do with read speeds when you're talking about 25 GBs of data on external media that's not flash memory based.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Maybe, just maaaybe, the extra space in the US version's file size is programming to give characters voice clips in support conversations! Yeah? Yeah?

Okay, I'll go now...

id love that tbh and imagined they might add it.

I'm actually quite interested in seeing if it would affect people's decision to buy the game.

Honestly, it really does have a great deal of weight, dual audio.

This is the response I got from Nintendo of America:

"Hello Kent,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo. The Nintendo of America versions of Fire Emblem: Fates (Conquest, Birthright, and Revelation) have been changed to not include the ability to touch various body parts to improve the relationships between the player and in-game characters. When we localize a game, we do so in order to make it appropriate for that particular territory. All our choices were made from that point of view. We want to assure you that your comments will be added to our records for this game and will be made available for other departments at the company to review and thoughtfully consider.

Additionally, at this time we have not made any announcements regarding the addition of dual-audio tracks for the title either. If we do make a statement on the matter, you'll find all the details on our official website (www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) or the website for the game (fireemblemfates.nintendo.com)

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Reese Nicholson"

lmao i like how you had the nads to ask about skinship on top of it. I actually really want dual audio to be there for people to enjoy. Not only that, some of the Japanese vocal work is nice. Like Aqua's song.

id love that tbh and imagined they might add it.

Honestly, it really does have a great deal of weight, dual audio.

lmao i like how you had the nads to ask about skinship on top of it. I actually really want dual audio to be there for people to enjoy. Not only that, some of the Japanese vocal work is nice. Like Aqua's song.

LoL. I figure if I'm going to send them an inquiry about features that may or may not be in the game, I might as well cover everything. XD

here's the response I got;

Hello Sebastien,

Thank you for contacting us. I can certainly understand your interest in Fire Emblem: Fates being release with dual audio and your concerns about the censorship of the game. I will be sure to forward your feedback to the appropriate departments to use as they see fit.

As for your questions regarding the language options for the game, according to our information the game will be released with English only. I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and your understanding in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks again for writing to us.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Tasha Greene

(I'm so confused)

Edited by goldenlance7

Hello Sebastien,

Thank you for contacting us. I can certainly understand your interest in Fire Emblem: Fates being release with dual audio and your concerns about the censorship of the game. I will be sure to forward your feedback to the appropriate departments to use as they see fit.

As for your questions regarding the language options for the game, according to our information the game will be released with English only. I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and your understanding in this matter is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Tasha Greene

(I'm so confused)

Looks like this lady didn't get the message to stop sending that generic response.

Hello Sebastien,

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Tasha Greene

(I'm so confused)

Yeah, I think it's best for us to just wait and see what we get in the final copy of the game.