Your Fire Emblem Collection

Ϲharlie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Now that I'm in Japan, my already nice collection of Fire Emblem goodies have exponentially increased. :P

Here's photos of it, beware of the loading time though as there's quite a few of them :

--------

First, the goodies currently at my home in France, and which I got before my trip to the Land of the Rising Sun.

fe_goodies2.jpg

Close-ups of the Exceed a Generation figurines :

Sigurd

Eltshan

Levin

Fury

Sylvia

Tiltyu

Ayra

--------

Now, the goodies I currently have with me in Japan.

Sorry, some of them are mixed with other franchises' goodies in some of the photos.

games1.jpg

(Fire Emblem DS here, on the botton right of the pic)

games2.jpg

(Fire Emblem 1 NES, on the bottom right)

figurines1.jpg

(The three girl characters are Tokimeki Memorial characters, the rest are FE figurines. All the small figurines are in fact the FE3 Gashapon Set n°2).

fe_oosawa.jpg

mangas_fe1.jpg

fe_lamento.jpg

(For the special note, Fujimori Nuts, the mangaka of one of the FE4 mangas, has drawn several 4komas in the Lamento Comic Selection shown in that pic)

mangas_fe2.jpg

guidebooks3.jpg

tcg_starter_kits.jpg

(For the complete photo list of the FE4 characters' card I have, see this post at my LiveJournal. BEWARE, this post is 56k highly unfriendly.)

I got every Fire Emblem that has been released in Europe so far.

On my PC I've got translated ROMs of Seisen and Thracia, every FMV cutscene from PoR and RD, part 1 of the OVA in Spanish and 10 Youtube Poops starring Ike made from them.

Edited by Ike-Mike

AceNoctali: Wow, that's really neat. In your journal entry you noted that most electronics stores tended to focus on new media. Was it particularly troublesome to locate older games, or was it easy enough to discriminate between the stores that you didn't lose a great deal of time in your search?

I haven't gotten Ace's insane collection, but I do have a good collection for someone stuck in America: every Fire Emblem game except Thracia, and an artbook that I don't know the name of off the top of my head because it's packed. It's definitely Seisen, though.

EDIT: To clarify: these are all games I physically own.

And I'm sorry... but a translated FE:DS? I call bullshit.

Edited by Superbus

AceNoctali: Wow, that's really neat. In your journal entry you noted that most electronics stores tended to focus on new media. Was it particularly troublesome to locate older games, or was it easy enough to discriminate between the stores that you didn't lose a great deal of time in your search?

Yes indeed, the electronics stores tend to focus on new media, well at Akihabara at least. In fact, most of the game oldies I was searching for and got my hands on, come from the 5 game shops available around the area I live, not from Aki (save for Tokimeki no Houkago), since those shops have a good oldies section along with the new games.

That being said, as I said in the LJ post, there was so much to visit at Akihabara I obviously wasn't able to visit the whole area (the building where I found the Fire Emblem TCG cards took me 1h and a half to visit fully, as it had 7 floors full of lots of shops, so you can have an idea of how long visiting some places can take), so I probably have missed the oldies shops (me thinks they must be in some of the backstreets I haven't visited yet). I have to go visit the area once more, and this time come there more prepared, as I visited it without any knowledge of it and without any planning. :P

And I'm sorry... but a translated FE:DS? I call bullshit.

From what I've heard, there is a fan translation that translates the menus and weapon names. I haven't bothered to look into it myself, but I don't doubt that it exists.

From what I've heard, there is a fan translation that translates the menus and weapon names. I haven't bothered to look into it myself, but I don't doubt that it exists.

It's been on GBAtemp for quite some time now. I think it was the first project of some ragtag "team--they jumped boat and started working on Ys for the DS despite its localization announcement too. Last I heard, they were looking into fonts or something, but most names, menus, options, and items seemed to have been finished, with a few graphical glitches here and there.

Bullshit. You might have ROMs for 1-8 and 11, but I'd be very surprised if you had an ISO for 9, or even a somewhat useable ISO for 10.

Well, I have all of the above, plus the ISOs of TearRing Saga and Berwick Saga. Do I win a prize? X D

As for a usable ISO of 10... Apparently, Dolphin is now starting to be able to handle FE10, like it used to for FE9 a long time ago (i.e with a couple of bugs and really low FPS. FE9 appears to work perfectly fine now, but I've got a legal copy so that doesn't really matter).

FE 1 (JP wii virtual console)

FE1 isn't on the virtual console. You meant FE4, right?

As for what I own...

EU FE8

JP FE9

EU FE10

EU FE11 not until December 5th...hopefully December 4th

I had the chance to get FE3-5 through the virtual console but didn't act on it so missed out...(they probably wouldn't have run but its the principle I say...though I also say Nintendo didn't want me getting them so had I got them they would not be grateful)

And I also own Tiltyu :P

IMG_0925.jpg

Look at AceNoctali's one very carefully to work out why mine is unique Man i'm lazy as the visible dust shows

And to also echo the usable ISO of FE10...considering the modchip barrier to entry is no more its Nintendos fault, they were warned and they didn't listen...even if they did listen they wouldn't be grateful for it...

Not much I own.

Just

The FE6 ROM

The FE7 cartridge (in which my data got deleted on a Hector's story playthrough), ROM (courtesy of a friend of mine), and an official guidebook from Nintendo Power.

The FE8 merchandise I have is pretty much the same way with my FE7 merchandise, minus the data deletion in the cartridge so far.

FE9 game disc and Nintendo Power official guidebook.

FE10 game disc, and Prima official guidebook.

Edited by Little Al