pvp/late game team composition

Raybrand

Yeah, I've heard of that. I liked the idea in theory, but I personally thought that crit builds with Breaking Sky were more efficient. If it's put on a sword using class, I recommend Hinata's Fierce-Blade since the weapon's might doubles (40 Might at +7 forge IIRC) when the player initiates a battle in exchange for not being able to double attack.

That sounds amazing in theory, but considering that you'll have to bust your ass to get such a weapon that high since My Castle is the only place where you can get it...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds amazing in theory, but considering that you'll have to bust your ass to get such a weapon that high since My Castle is the only place where you can get it...

I'm pretty sure you can also get it from Museum Melee, but there hasn't been a list of weapons you can get from it published, or at least not one that I can recall. As long as we're theorycrafting though, I always thought you could put it on a Vanguard or a Paladin with Defensive Formation so that the enemy can't double-strike either.

I have two theory builds

Malig Knight tank build, +Lck/-HP (any asset/flaw works as long as it's not -res, -def or -mag)

Shadowgift/Defensive Formation/Pavise/Aegis/Copycat Puppet

A tank build. Defensive Formation prevents the enemy from double-attacking your slow wyvern unit, shadowgift is to Nosfertank. Pavise and Aegis are to make up for any defensive flaw in the unit. Works best on MU since they have a dragon weakness anyway (need confirmation on that).

The strategy is to hide the Malig Knight in a pair up with a decently defensive unit. Once any major threats like bow units are gone, sit them on the edge of the danger zone with Nosferatu equipped. You could also do this with Sol and Axes in the place of Confined Defense, but Nosferatu has more healing. If attacking with the Malig Knight, and there's no immediate threats, you could also use Moonlight for that 20% recovery.

And this is the one I'm not sure will work as well, but:

Swordmaster anti-Kamui build, Oboro!Caeldori

Swordfaire/Copycat Puppet/Galeforce/Astra/Flamboyance

Probably one of the few Caeldori builds not involving Lancefaire, Oboro!Caeldori marries Gurei for Ninja. Caeldori's copycat is usually behind in a pair up or helping destroy the enemy's MU. Wyrmslayer is the staple weapon (you can get one in all routes with varying methods) with some sort of backup weapon with better Mt to attack anything else.

EDIT: fixed trueblade and confined defense names

Edited by A creative name

I have two theory builds

Malig Knight tank build, +Lck/-HP (any asset/flaw works as long as it's not -res, -def or -mag)

Shadowgift/Confined Defense/Pavise/Aegis/Copycat Puppet

A tank build. Confined defense prevents the enemy from double-attacking your slow wyvern unit, shadowgift is to Nosfertank. Pavise and Aegis are to make up for any defensive flaw in the unit. Works best on MU since they have a dragon weakness anyway (need confirmation on that).

The strategy is to hide the Malig Knight in a pair up with a decently defensive unit. Once any major threats like bow units are gone, sit them on the edge of the danger zone with Nosferatu equipped. You could also do this with Sol and Axes in the place of Confined Defense, but Nosferatu has more healing. If attacking with the Malig Knight, and there's no immediate threats, you could also use Moonlight for that 20% recovery.

And this is the one I'm not sure will work as well, but:

Trueblade anti-Kamui build, Oboro!Caeldori

Swordfaire/Copycat Puppet/Galeforce/Astra/Flamboyance

Probably one of the few Caeldori builds not involving Lancefaire, Oboro!Caeldori marries Gurei for Ninja. Caeldori's copycat is usually behind in a pair up or helping destroy the enemy's MU. Wyrmslayer is the staple weapon (you can get one in all routes with varying methods) with some sort of backup weapon with better Mt to attack anything else.

The anti-double-attacking skill you're talking about here is Defensive Formation. Confined Defense's English name is confirmed to be Natural Cover, the skill that reduces damage while the user is in a terrain that grants effects.

Trueblades were also changed to Swordmasters.

Just so this isn't off-topic, which is better for a PVP Corrin: White Blood or Dark Blood?

Edited by ChaosGallade

Dark Blood:

HP- 60

Str- 32

Mag- 31

Skl- 28

Spd- 32

Lck- 27

Def- 29

Res- 32

Swords- A, Tomes- B, Dragonstones- A

White Blood:

HP- 60

Str- 34

Mag- 28

Skl- 29

Spd- 30

Lck- 33

Def- 31

Res- 28

Swords- A, Staves- B, Dragonstones- A

So White Blood has higher Str, Skl, Lck and Def while having lower Mag, Spd and Res. White Blood also uses Staves instead of tomes.
It depends on what you want your Corrin's role to be, so can you tell us what role you have in mind?
Edited by Phillius

Dark Blood:

HP- 60

Str- 32

Mag- 31

Skl- 28

Spd- 32

Lck- 27

Def- 29

Res- 32

Swords- A, Tomes- B, Dragonstones- A

White Blood:

HP- 60

Str- 34

Mag- 28

Skl- 29

Spd- 30

Lck- 33

Def- 31

Res- 28

Swords- A, Staves- B, Dragonstones- A

So White Blood has higher Str, Skl, Lck and Def while having lower Mag, Spd and Res. White Blood also uses Staves instead of tomes.
It depends on what you want your Corrin's role to be, so can you tell us what role you have in mind?

Leaning towards attacker in Revelation, and a bit of offensive support in Birthright.

Edited by ChaosGallade

White Blood is the only one that can fulfill a support role effectively. There's Iago's Doubtful Tome, but you might as well go for Draconic Curse if you want that, there's a variety of staves that can be used for support like Weakness, Misfortune and Sin as well as Freeze and support that a Dark Blood gives with Dragonstone (if there is any) can also be done by the White Blood.

Edited by Phillius

White Blood is the only one that can fulfill a support role effectively. There's Iago's Doubtful Tome, but you might as well go for Draconic Curse if you want that, there's a variety of staves that can be used for support like Weakness, Misfortune and Sin as well as Freeze and support that a Dark Blood gives with Dragonstone (if there is any) can also be done by the White Blood.

I kept editing my response by the time you posted this, so...

Yeah, I'll be going White Blood for offensive support in Birthright and full-on offensive Dark Blood in Revelation in case you missed the edits. Recommended skills/assets/flaws?

I kept editing my response by the time you posted this, so...

Yeah, I'll be going White Blood for offensive support in Birthright and full-on offensive Dark Blood in Revelation in case you missed the edits. Recommended skills/assets/flaws?

What do you want? Would you like to be bulkier? Are you leaning towards physical, magical or mixed attacking? (tell me for both by the way)

What do you want? Would you like to be bulkier? Are you leaning towards physical, magical or mixed attacking? (tell me for both by the way)

Mixed. I want to take advantage of Dragonstones (and tomes if Dark Blood).

Mixed. I want to take advantage of Dragonstones (and tomes if Dark Blood).

+Spd/-Def is a good way to go for offensive. If you want to use Dragonstone more though, +Def might be good for White Blood. Depending on how often you want to use the Dragonstone, Defensive Formation might be a useful skill so that you don't get doubled and Breaking Sky so that you have a skill with a good activation rate, but this is more for White Blood than it is for Dark Blood (I prefer White Blood and don't really know shit about the other one...)

Edited by Phillius

+Spd/-Def is a good way to go for offensive. If you want to use Dragonstone more though, +Def might be good for White Blood. Depending on how often you want to use the Dragonstone, Defensive Formation might be a useful skill so that you don't get doubled and Breaking Sky so that you have a skill with a good activation rate, but this is more for White Blood than it is for Dark Blood (I prefer White Blood and don't really know shit about the other one...)

For +Def, what would be the recommended flaw?

For +Def, what would be the recommended flaw?

If you are going defensive in PvP, don't. It's not worth it. Throw on Defensive Formation if you'd like, but there's no getting around Aggressor + Line of Death + Breaking Sky, Brave Weapon users. They can get in two decent hits in and you'd take massive damage or just die.

Now, reading your initial posts, White and Dark blood classes are, again, not that good for PvP. They are too mixed. You'd want to specialize in a particular stat, like the Sniper class for skill or the Master Ninja class for speed. Focus on attack, skill, and speed. The rest of the stats don't really matter, because it's about taking out as many units as you can during your phase. Fates is more Player Phase-based than Awakening.

Now if Serenes did a Fates tournament of sorts and placed certain rules, to avoid abuse of broken skills, like Warp and Copycat, then I'd see no problem with talking about defensive/stalling strategies.

Edited by Leif

If you are going defensive in PvP, don't. It's not worth it. Throw on Defensive Formation if you'd like, but there's no getting around Aggressor + Line of Death + Breaking Sky, Brave Weapon users. They can get in two decent hits in and you'd take massive damage or just die.

Now, reading your initial posts, White and Dark blood classes are, again, not that good for PvP. They are too mixed. You'd want to specialize in a particular stat, like the Sniper class for skill or the Master Ninja class for speed. Focus on attack, skill, and speed. The rest of the stats don't really matter, because it's about taking out as many units as you can during your phase. Fates is more Player Phase-based than Awakening.

Now if Serenes did a Fates tournament of sorts and placed certain rules, to avoid abuse of broken skills, like Warp and Copycat, then I'd see no problem with talking about defensive/stalling strategies.

The problem though is that even if they ban everything that is broken now, something else will just fill in it's place. Fire Emblem, with the exception of one other game (New Mystery of the Emblem I think), has always been a single player game and pretty much guaranteed to have very unbalanced multiplayer. A list of everything that should be banned would be a very long list indeed and it won't be long before Complacent Gaming Syndrome settles in again.

Elite Ninjas are some of the best offensive and support units, add their great pair up stats and the shurikens that boost your teammates stats alongside weakening an enemy and their godlike speed, 3 range shuriken and their godlike speed, which coupled with Yato will let you outrun everything.

I really think that Kamui is better on a class that has swords and other weapon that has a rank of A or S, Elite Ninja being an example, since you are better having Yato+Brave Shuriken than Yato+Brave Sword.

The problem though is that even if they ban everything that is broken now, something else will just fill in it's place. Fire Emblem, with the exception of one other game (New Mystery of the Emblem I think), has always been a single player game and pretty much guaranteed to have very unbalanced multiplayer. A list of everything that should be banned would be a very long list indeed and it won't be long before Complacent Gaming Syndrome settles in again.

I don't think so tbh, even if another broken thing arises there is no way that it would be as unfair as Braves and Warp, like against a lot of offensive build you could build effective Defensive Formation sets, the thing is that the overhaul of Damage+ Skills and Braves make it meaningless, the main problem is that PvP feels(and it is) like a mode they made so anyone who just goes straight forward and attack wins, of course this is because they are trying to appease the general audience.

A JRPG that requires strategy? What nonsense! <------------- I am almost one hundred percent sure that this is the line of thinking of whoever was in charge of Weapons and Skills in this game.

I also think this is a great idea, as soon as Fates come here it would be good if we do a ruleset or something similar to that.

Like:

No Braves

No Forging above +3

No more than one damage boost(Line Of Death, Extravagance,etc.)

No Warp

One Copycat per team

That way there will be also Crit sets and Defensive sets in play.

That's a secret, buddy. ;)

I will tell you that it's an all-female team in Hoshidian classes, since they are, generally, faster and have more base skill than the Nohrian counterparts.

FYI, there is a deadly skill combo of Extravagance + Aggressor + Line of Death + Raven Strike + Copycat.

The combo gives an additional +40 accuracy and +27 attack and negates the -10 defense penalty from Line of death during Player Phase. However, you sacrifice Warp and have to have, at least, two coins in your inventory.

All fameles? What about support? I mean it does matter in PVP? Support bonuses i mean. :s

All fameles? What about support? I mean it does matter in PVP? Support bonuses i mean. :s

You mean females, right? I assume you'd get support bonuses regardless of gender in PvP, right? Avatar can A support everyone, and the second generation females can A+ or just A support with each other.

Edited by Leif

You mean females, right? I assume you'd get support bonuses regardless of gender in PvP, right? Avatar can A support everyone, and the second generation females can A+ or just A support with each other.

Females yes, how i'm tiping lol

So S isn't that much worth in combat after all? Well if i remember right it's always little more boost.

Also if you know in attack stance pair-up bonuses works as well? Or rather i just saw Takumi passive pop out? Probably secound one.

Females yes, how i'm tiping lol

So S isn't that much worth in combat after all? Well if i remember right it's always little more boost.

Also if you know in attack stance pair-up bonuses works as well? Or rather i just saw Takumi passive pop out? Probably secound one.

I'll have to play around with PvP once I get the actual game. I have only been using this thread to discuss what units are good/strategies/classes etc.

Judging from the video, it seems that supports and pair-up bonuses ARE, in fact, taken into account. I don't think clones get any sort of bonus, but I could be wrong.

However, I assume you saw how the player got his ass handed to him by his opponent; supports and pair-up bonuses didn't really save him there. xD

Edited by Leif

I'll have to play around with PvP once I get the actual game. I have only been using this thread to discuss what units are good/strategies/classes etc.

Judging from the video, it seems that supports and pair-up bonuses ARE, in fact, taken into account. I don't think clones get any sport of bonus, but I could be wrong.

However, I assume you saw how the player got his ass handed to him by his opponent; supports and pair-up bonuses didn't really save him there. xD

Well we'll see then soon. I need to wait little longer. Just few days~

If I understand correctly for OP builds the +2 move that can be giving to all team mates by abusing the logbook is more important then the bonuses that are received by supports, As einherjer don't get support or access to the personal weapons its generally 3rd gen Kannas. Puppet copies are then used a the supporting character as this makes the shared HP a nonissue and so you don't limit your available forces. Of course it will be different depending on what is considered banned.

If I understand correctly for OP builds the +2 move that can be giving to all team mates by abusing the logbook is more important then the bonuses that are received by supports, As einherjer don't get support or access to the personal weapons its generally 3rd gen Kannas. Puppet copies are then used a the supporting character as this makes the shared HP a nonissue and so you don't limit your available forces. Of course it will be different depending on what is considered banned.

That's why i won't abuse logbook~

Edited by Eriotto

Like:

No Braves

No Forging above +3

No more than one damage boost(Line Of Death, Extravagance,etc.)

No Warp

One Copycat per team

That way there will be also Crit sets and Defensive sets in play.

Then Master Ninjas and Generals will dominate the meta (especially if they're Kamui or a second-gen Kanna); Master Ninjas because the Omega Yato and +Skl/-Mag gives them insane Skl, Spd and Res while having basically no flaws, utility in the form of stat debuffs and pair-up bonuses and pocessing one of, if not the greatest number of viable sets while Generals, with the use of Statues, Rainbow Elixir and Rallies can become insane tanks that will take basically no damage from anything, especially considering that there's no reason not to run Defensive Formation now that Brave Weapons are banned. I'm open to debate however, so if you think you can prove me wrong, I'd be happy to discuss.

Hi, I'm interesting with the team planning for pvp... If I want my avatar to end up as Elite Ninja, isn't +Str/-Def is better than +Spd/-Def for pvp? Because Elite Ninja max Str is only 27:/

Don't forget the Omega Yato. I personally think +Skl/-Mag would work best since your stats will end up looking like this (Including Yato and Stat Modifiers):

HP- 55

Str- 33

Mag- 22

Skl- 39

Spd- 38

Lck- 28

Def- 32

Res- 37

Edited by Phillius