PSA: US Fates Special Edition Restock

Zerosabers

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think it's a very convenient option for me considering I can't drive and have no way of actually getting there. Plus, I don't think it's worth travelling far just to get one thing.

Does US Walmart ship to Canada? Even if they did, I'd probably have to pay some sort of shipping fine which is never fun.

I don't think so, but to some it'd be worth it especially if they could drive themselves. I mean if you lived right on the border it wouldn't have to have been a long trip. You could try calling the US Walmart and seeing if they'd be willing to do, I know I've gotten a few things from Canadian stores before I just had to pay an additional shipping charge for international delivery, so it might not be as cheap, but it'll definitely be cheaper than scalpers. You'd need a passport these days to enter the US anyway, I didn't check your profile if your age is displayed there, before making the suggestion. Toronto is fairly close to New York IMO.

Edited by Dwlr

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help everyone! But I think I'll bet all my luck on the Serenes Forest Scribble Contest since I don't really like having to call or I don't want to jump through so many hoops just to get it hee hee.

Edited by carefreejules

Ah the joys of preordering from Canada. I keep checking EB Games hoping they'll restock since Gamestop did.

Wait. Did Gamestop actually restock, or are you talking about the glitch that led to them taking preorders after they had already sold out?

Wait. Did Gamestop actually restock, or are you talking about the glitch that led to them taking preorders after they had already sold out?

According to my Gamestop they're getting additional games, but they're not going to put them up to pre-order.

Thanks for the help everyone! But I think I'll bet all my luck on the Serenes Forest Scribble Contest since I don't really like having to call or I don't want to jump through so many hoops just to get it hee hee.

Best of luck! Looking forward to seeing your submission.

According to my Gamestop they're getting additional games, but they're not going to put them up to pre-order.

Interesting.

This might just be a place holder but I figured it be best to share it right now anyways.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fire-Emblem-Fates-Special-Edition-Nintendo-3DS/49550428

No luck since they can't ship it to my address.

You may want to try calling in if you can.

Edit: Also I have no idea what's going on but it's back up.

Really? I'm trying to preorder it online from Walmart and it's giving me the state restriction message.

1 (800) 966-6546

Call this number and tell a representative that you need help with the order.

Darn it!

Phones lines are busy. 13 min wait!

Edited by PuffPuff

2EIanD.jpg

Drat! Too late! I had my credit card money ready too.

Edited by PuffPuff

Keep trying. It seems to be going in and out of stock as they keep trying to deal with technical problems on their site. Also, don't give up after one call to the call center. The first person I tried wasn't willing to help, but the second time I called they did. So don't give up and good luck!

0XcwkM.jpg

Sorry. -.-

If only I was told this ten minutes sooner.

Edited by PuffPuff

It just disappeared from the directory. It is gone!

Getting it in March...I guess.

Woops, I think we crashed the site.

Ignore most of the out of stock and other errors and just keep trying!

Yeah. When I click on your link it just takes me to a technical difficulties page rather than to the item. Not surprised by the heavy traffic, I pulled up the thread on the Fire Emblem reddit, and it's a whirlwind of emotions. Also, I'm pretty sure I could hear other representatives saying "Fire Emblem" in the background when I made my calls. I think the fanbase has made up the majority of calls to Walmart's Customer Care today.

I also think part of the struggle is that Walmart is actually trying to make sure they don't oversell their preorders. I'm sure they don't want to have their name dragged through the mud after Gamestop's snafu.

Additional games, but not up for pre-order? How does that work?

...Does that mean I could potentially go into the store on the 19th and just buy one?

Worth a shot.

I have four Walmarts near my area. ^_^

@Anomalocaris

I've had the same problem.

Could've called to have them handle your pre-order. Not knowing this sooner is why that I've missed it.