PSA: US Fates Special Edition Restock

Zerosabers

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might just be a place holder but I figured it be best to share it right now anyways.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fire-Emblem-Fates-Special-Edition-Nintendo-3DS/49550428

Hmm. I'm trying to preorder here, and it keeps saying things about not being able to ship/pick up in stores in any of the three zip codes I've tried due to "state restrictions."

Other people seem to be having that problem. Given the lack of information on the page I'd say it's a placeholder and will be stocked later.

I'll keep an eye out. I'm also eyeing Amazon today. Maybe they'll be getting more in today if places like Play-Asia and Walmart are/were/will be taking preorders again. If I could get it shipped to my place the day of for free and cheaper than buying the game elsewhere due to prime, that would be very much appreciated.

Then again, it appears that Amazon has removed the special edition entirely from its storefront. Wonder what that means for people who have already preordered it...

Edit: Cancel that. They've just screwed up with the photos. They're showing the console rather than the game. It's still there.

Edited by REL

Over on Reddit some people are calling in and are able to order SE copies. So you might want to try that!

Edit: You also might have to try calling in multiple times.

Edited by Zerosabers

Also keep an eye on Target. They are the only major retailer left to not put the SE up.

At this point I feel like I might as well apply for the FBI, NSA, and CIA.

Qualifications: Once tracked multiple online retailers for months trying to locate a copy of a video game.

On hold with customer support. Tried to place an order when I first saw this, but kept getting the state restriction excuse. Called to sort it out, they told me that it wouldn't be sorted out for a while. Kept trying, and suddenly I see it's removed from my cart and the item is out of stock.

There was much cursing and flailing of limbs.

CHECKMATE!

Managed to get a copy through Walmart. It'll arrive a little later than I'd like, but that's okay.

This has been a lesson in perseverance and continuing to fight for something you want. "Hope will never die!" never held so much truth in my life, except all the other times when more important things worked themselves out.

CHECKMATE!

Managed to get a copy through Walmart. It'll arrive a little later than I'd like, but that's okay.

This has been a lesson in perseverance and continuing to fight for something you want. "Hope will never die!" never held so much truth in my life, except all the other times when more important things worked themselves out.

Hahah that's good to hear!

Nice! Glad to hear it helped at least one person grab one.

Hopefully somewhere else comes out with them too.

Thanks again for the PSA :D The first time I called the guy was totally unhelpful and said he couldn't do anything, but then I called again and the second representative helped me for 30 minutes getting everything sorted out. I'll be a little salty if it ends up being cancelled considering they already pulled out the money and everything, but those are the chances you take. Now I'll just need my parents to ship it up here to Canada for me..

Congrats REL! Glad someone else was able to get one!

Cool. Seems like some people got the Special Edition. Walmart to me has been a bad rep for me the very least. My area has horrible customer service and employee's.

Walmart was my first regular job-job rather than me doing freelance and odd job work, and it wasn't that bad of an experience for me. Most of my coworkers were good people, and the regulars actually came often enough that we learned each others names and would visit periodically. I actually felt bad when one of them told me that I was the reason they kept coming to the store, since they knew I'd take care of them. I had to tell them that was actually my last day on the job...

Thanks again for the PSA :D The first time I called the guy was totally unhelpful and said he couldn't do anything, but then I called again and the second representative helped me for 30 minutes getting everything sorted out. I'll be a little salty if it ends up being cancelled considering they already pulled out the money and everything, but those are the chances you take. Now I'll just need my parents to ship it up here to Canada for me..

Congrats REL! Glad someone else was able to get one!

Thanks! I'm glad you were able to get one too! We might have talked to the same guy the first time, because the person I talked to was very dismissive and unhelpful.

And once again, thanks to the OP for telling people about the restock. It was very helpful.

Edited by REL

Walmart was my first regular job-job rather than me doing freelance and odd job work, and it wasn't that bad of an experience for me. Most of my coworkers were good people, and the regulars actually came often enough that we learned each others names and would visit periodically. I actually felt bad when one of them told me that I was the reason they kept coming to the store, since they knew I'd take care of them. I had to tell them that was actually my last day on the job...

Thanks! I'm glad you were able to get one too! We might have talked to the same guy the first time, because the person I talked to was very dismissive and unhelpful.

We definitely might have, lol. I wasn't acting like a jerk or anything (I've worked in retail before so I'm always super duper nice to them because I know how it feels) but he was just really annoyed and dismissive of my questions. He might have had some issues with other people prior to my call.

My order invoice says "arrives by February 5th" which is kind of funny though. There's definitely no way that's happening. :P

Edited by Lushiris

I was able to get a copy from Wal-Mart's 800 number, the stores in my area claimed they don't do pre-orders so it seems like the best bet is to call the 800 number first. The rep also said that online isn't working and they don't know why so you need to have somebody at Wal-Mart do it for you.

And Zerosabers, I love you. <3

Edited by Dwlr

There doesn't seem to be a listing for it on Walmart Canada :c

#Canadianproblems

If you live near the border try looking up the Zip for a Wal-Mart in the States and have them deliver it there, you'll still most likely have to go through the 800 number, just tell them you'll pick it up in a store, it might work and is worth a shot if viable for you.

Edited by Dwlr

If you live near the border try looking up the Zip for a Wal-Mart in the States and have them deliver it there, you'll still most likely have to go through the 800 number, just tell them you'll pick it up in a store, it might work and is worth a shot if viable for you.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think it's a very convenient option for me considering I can't drive and have no way of actually getting there. Plus, I don't think it's worth travelling far just to get one thing.

Does US Walmart ship to Canada? Even if they did, I'd probably have to pay some sort of shipping fine which is never fun.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think it's a very convenient option for me considering I can't drive and have no way of actually getting there. Plus, I don't think it's worth travelling far just to get one thing.

Does US Walmart ship to Canada? Even if they did, I'd probably have to pay some sort of shipping fine which is never fun.

Just looked it up for you. They don't. And it's still not up on their Canadian website.

You might try giving them a call anyway, and see if it's coming to their Canadian website.

They do not, unfortunately. I live in Quebec so I have to get my parents to ship it here for me.