Why did they keep the name ''Lancer'' for Soldier

Emperor Hardin

Lancer just makes things complicated by causing confusion with other classes like Holy Lancer. Besides Lancer is obviously Soldier, even wearing the same uniform.

Generic_portrait_soldier_fe13.pngGeneric_portrait_lancer_fe14.png

Why didn't they do what they did with Rod Knight(became Troubadour), Trueblade(into Swordmaster), Axe Fighter(Into Fighter), and Bowman(into Archer)?

Finally where was it confirmed, they kept the name Lancer?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Lancer just makes things complicated by causing confusion with other classes like Holy Lancer. Besides Lancer is obviously Soldier, even wearing the same uniform.

Why didn't they do what they did with Rod Knight(became Troubadour), Trueblade(into Swordmaster), Axe Fighter(Into Fighter), and Bowman(into Archer)?

Finally where was it confirmed, they kept the name Lancer?

You tell me.

Well I think it had to do with Soldiers rarely being playable characters. Due to them being a class in both sides, Lancer seems to work well. Soldiers are rare to have as playable units other than Allies or Enemies

Well I think it had to do with Soldiers rarely being playable characters. Due to them being a class in both sides, Lancer seems to work well. Soldiers are rare to have as playable units other than Allies or Enemies

Lancers aren't a regular playable class usable by non generic characters, so that makes keeping the name Lancer make even less sense.

Just to chime in, Holy Lancer is not the confirmed NOA name for that class. We still have yet to hear what they'll go with.

With these games IS seems to want to further differentiate the two nations. Hence samurai instead of myrmidon, despite samurai clearly being this game's myrmidon (which, by the by, have traditionally been called sword fighters in the Japanese games). And in the end anything could go since pegasus knights were renamed pegasus warriors in the Japanese version, which were renamed sky knights in the NOA version.

I'm talking about the soldier class for Nohr essentially.

It was in the Treehouse footage. Maybe it's name has been changed, but I don't think there are any Lancers in the recent footage.

"Holy Lancer" is just a transitional name to tide us over until we got the official English name. Chances are it'll be Spearmaster or something else entirely.

Edited by VincentASM

see can I make one of them yell WAGA ARUJI or-

I dunno, perhaps the fact that technically everyone is a soldier in the army at this point, especially in Nohr, made them think it was a stupid class name since it just seemed redundant? I never cared about the name or the class, and Lancer seems fine since they're making it more of a direct counterpart to the Spear Fighter on Hoshido's side.

What I'm finding odd is that they didn't name the Hoshidan "lancers" as Naginata Fighters, or something like that. They've also missed a perfect cultural reference by not naming Sky Knights as Tenma Knights...

see can I make one of them yell WAGA ARUJI or-

only if they're in a skin tight body suit

It was in the Treehouse footage. Maybe it's name has been changed, but I don't think there are any Lancers in the recent footage.

"Holy Lancer" is just a transitional name to tide us over until we got the official English name. Chances are it'll be Spearmaster or something else entirely.

I didn't catch it either.