Do we know what determines Child Growth Rates?

Avalanche

Vincent, would say your most recent finding confirms that Child Growths are, in fact, (Parent + Child Base Growths)/2?

I remember other people saying that they noticed second generation units ending up with similar growth patterns as the variable parent.

Edited by Leif

Everything seems to point towards ( variable parent + child base growths ) / 2.

So far I've tested Setsuna!Mitama, Setsuna!Mitama!Kanna F, Avatar F!Deere and Jakob!Kanna M. Besides a few screw ups on my part, all the data (around a hundred for each character) is consistent so far.

I think I'll do maybe one more day of testing and then I'll update the calculations on the SF site.

If Lutz frequently gains Luck (I never used him), this would make sense since Arthur's low Luck growth isn't used.

Final tally for Deere.

Avatar F   0 100   0 100   0 100   0 100
+Magic           100
-Str        -100
Deere    100   0   0   0   0 100  50  50
Predictd  50   0  50  50   0 100  25  75
Butler    49  99  49  49  99 -1   74  24
Strategst 51 101  51  51 101 1    76  26

Observed growths
Butler<=  99  99   ?  99  99  99  99  99
Strate>= 101 101 101 101 101 101   ? 101
Growth   100 100   ? 100 100 100   ? 100

Sample size: 342 level ups (Strategist + Butler)

Gonna start on Level 20 kids soon. Just built a new ROM, but I ran out of time today.

Preliminary observations suggest it's *slightly* more complicated than I expected. My gut feeling is that the parents' stats are compared to the kid's Level 20 stats (rather than Level 10) before determining if they inherit any stats.

The range of stats seems a bit higher as well. Sophie had 29 HP and eventually ended up with 31. Not quite sure why.

Early findings.

Kids that are Level 10 + X gain stats equal to X times their total growth rates plus a small contribution from their parents.

However there's a slight amendment I need to make to that last bit (the stats from the parents).

Child's Lv 10 stats = Class bases + Stat addition + { ([Mother's stat gain - Stat addition; 0 if negative] + [Father's stat gain - Stat addition; 0 if negative]) / 4; cannot be higher than 2 }

The above is what I found for Level 10 kids, but it also applies for Level 10 + X kids if you add "X times their total growth rates". The thing I want to point out is the part inside {}, which I previously thought was capped at 2. As lysander helpfully suggested, it is in fact possible for kids to inherit more than 2 points under certain conditions.

If the kid's personal base stats + "X times their total growth rates" is greater than equal to 10, the part inside {} can be 3 at maximum. Similarly, if it's greater than equal to 20, the kid can inherit up to 4 points.

I'm not sure if you can physically surpass 30, but presumably the pattern would continue.

Next, I'll quickly fiddle around with the Child Seals, before double checking the Level 20 kid stats.

Edited by VincentASM

Kudos for everything, such dedication!

The above is what I found for Level 10 kids, but it also applies for Level 10 + X kids if you add "X times their total growth rates".

Do you round to the nearest integer, the greatest integer less than or equal to, or the least integer greater than or equal to the growth rate multiplied by the increment from level 10?

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Good question, that almost threw me off when I was doing the preliminary research.

Anything involving auto-leveling seems to be rounded to the nearest whole number. 2.5 would be 3, 2.25 would be 2, etc.

Also, I realised my explanation had a bit of ambiguity, so here's the formula written more explicitly.

Child's (Lv 10 + N) stats = Class base stats + [ Child's personal stats + (N x Child's effective growth rates); define the value inside these square brackets as "B"] + { ([Mother's personal stats - B; 0 if negative] + [Father's personal stats - B; 0 if negative]) / 4; cannot be higher than (B/10) +2 rounded down}

Personal stats = Observed stats - Class base base stats

Effective growth rates = Class growth rates + Personal growth rates

Child's personal growth rates = [Variable parent's growth rates + Child's growth rates] / 2

Child Seal gains are easy, simply = promotion gains + ([L - 1] x Child's effective growth rates in the new class) where L is the child's Level after using the Child Seal

Edited by VincentASM

I'd love to help but

I no good at math

hey Vincent have you tried looking around some of the Japanese fan sites

also, aren't all of the kids recruited at lavel 20

also is there an easier formula to follow?

Don't worry, I don't need any help because I solved all the formulae in my post above : )

Nah, kids join as Level 10 to 20 units, depending on far in the story you are.

As for an easier formula... well, it's not really possible since it's actually that complicated. If it was any easier, people would have solved it before me long ago XD

Maybe you could change some of the wording or the names of the terms to make them easier to understand? Personally, I can't see any way to simplify the formula without making it needlessly abstract.

Fantastic job! This is all really helpful and I can't thank you enough for all your hard work! My only real question now is what levels the kids will join at depending on what Chapter you recruit them in story? Another helpful bit would be what level the Child Seal will take them to once they cap their Tier 1 Level at 20. If you need the data, I would be happy to test it out when my game comes in on Friday.

Yeah, those are really good questions that I'd love to answer, but I don't have time to check. More importantly, anybody with the patience should be able to note down the joining Levels and Child Seal final Levels.

If you (or anybody else) can grab some data from Friday, that would be great. Actually, I have a feeling this kind of info has probably been collected before, maybe by Japanese sites--I'll remember to search around when I have time, but new data is always nice to have ^^

EARLIER        SAME AS BELOW
Chapter 10     10    
Chapter 11     11     
Chapter 12     12     
Chapter 13     14
Chapter 14     15     
Chapter 15     17
Chapter 16     18  (Weapon Level C)
Chapter 17     20
Chapter 18     20 (20/2 on child seal)
Chapter 19     20 (20/4 on child seal)  
Chapter 20     20 (20/6 on child seal, secondary weapons at D)
Chapter 21     20 (20/8 on child seal)    
Chapter 22     20 (20/10 on child seal, primary weapon at B)
Chapter 23     20 (20/12 on child seal)    
Chapter 24     20 (20/14 on child seal, secondary weapons at C)
Chapter 25     20 (20/16 on child seal)
Chapter 26     20 (20/18 on child seal, 40% to level 20/19)
LATER          SAME AS ABOVE

According to http://www2.pegasusknight.com/wiki/fe14/

Its guide cautions that enemy units for those maps are around the kids in level too, which makes recruitment from CH18 onward more difficult if the level 20 kid starts close to, say, 20/18 combat.

Edited by lysander