Bloodline, Loyalty, or Neither?

CaitlynMellark

Hey! Lookie! A poll!  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Which Side Would You Choose In Real Life?

2. 2. Which Side Did You Choose For Game?

Basically, this thread is to ask you guys the true question of Fates:

Which side will you get?

Hoshido (Birthright), Nohr (Conquest), or Neither (Revelations)

Personally, I was blessed to have Special Edition preordered (I checked yesterday, & it's still there :D )

But my main side is Neither (Revelations)

If this was real life, I dunno what I'd choose (no neither here)

Hoshido in morals, but Nohr overall

But which did you preorder? Which one will you buy? Which side would you go with irl?

post-18391-0-95858100-1454526862_thumb.jpeg

Edited by CaitlynMellark

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought Special Edition, but if presented with the choice in real life, I'd honestly chose Nohr. For all I know, the Hoshidans are lying about being blood related to me, and even if they aren't lying, it wouldn't sit well with me abandoning the people I knew and loved for a family I know nothing about.

Haven't we had a bunch of threads on this already? xP

I only preordered Birthright. Conquest looks completely uninteresting to me and I think I'd agree with Hoshido's morals anyway. Which is rather ironic given its Japanese theme and the fact that I don't like a lot of Japanese tastes... But I can't approve of any country invading and trying to conquer another like Nohr is doing, whether I was raised there or not. Just because the family I grew up with is there does not mean they should get a free pass for being a part of such a plan.

Edited by Anacybele

I would stick to Nohr if I were in Corrin's shoes. I would rather stay with the people who I knew my whole life. Besides, the Nohrian royal siblings are good people (aside from Garon of course), so that alone wouldn't motivate me to betray my "adoptive" family.

For the game, I would choose Nohr for Niles for the same reasons noted above.

I would most likely choose Hoshido. Honestly I don't think I would personally be able to forgive and go back to Garon in real life even if I did love my siblings. I would definitely resent him for attempting to murder me twice if I were Corrin and I would no way be okay with him unleashing monsters on the innocent populaces. As someone who has many siblings in real life half, step, and full. I still can't see myself choosing my siblings over my morals(which is unfortunately the ONLY reason the story gives you to choose Nohr and I wish it wasn't) I'm sorry.

Edited by Sarahtoga104

I have recently spent a good, long time seriously contemplating this for...reasons... *cough* my Scribbles story submission *cough* and I'd have to go with in real life.....neither. There are so many equal reasons on both sides to choose that it would literally tear me apart if I had to choose, so I'd never be able to completely take a side. Sorry if it hurts any of their feelings, but they should know better than to put that choice on me. Neutrality FTW! Its why I'm grateful every day that there exists a third canon choice!

As for the game, well, obviously all 3! I'm a FE fan at heart, no way am I missing out on any games!

Edit: Oh yeah forgot to say that I've had the SE preordered since the announcement direct! So excited for all three in one!

Edited by Silver Lightning

Oh yeah, I forgot about Garon. Sarahtoga is right, I wouldn't want to be on his side either, regardless of my siblings. I'm also surprised at these poll results, I honestly expected more people to say they'd choose Hoshido in real life. Why go with the blood-thirsty nation over the one that just wants peace and is only defending itself?

Also, Corrin was kidnapped by Nohr. I'd feel like I was living a complete lie and I'd honestly feel betrayed by THEM for that.

Edited by Anacybele

I have recently spent a good, long time seriously contemplating this for...reasons... *cough* my Scribbles story submission *cough* and I'd have to go with in real life.....neither. There are so many equal reasons on both sides to choose that it would literally tear me apart if I had to choose, so I'd never be able to completely take a side. Sorry if it hurts any of their feelings, but they should know better than to put that choice on me. Neutrality FTW! Its why I'm grateful every day that there exists a third canon choice!

As for the game, well, obviously all 3! I'm a FE fan at heart, no way am I missing out on any games!

I had a lot to contemplate on too since (MY SCRIBBLES ARE YOU ENJOYED COUGH COUGH HAC) I do like the siblings of both sides. And yeah, Revelations will be my main because 1) my foxy husbando & the wolf can be together & 2) it's canon

Oh yeah, I forgot about Garon. Sarahtoga is right, I wouldn't want to be on his side either, regardless of my siblings. I'm also surprised at these poll results, I honestly expected more people to say they'd choose Hoshido in real life. Why go with the blood-thirsty nation over the one that just wants peace and is only defending itself?

Also, Corrin was kidnapped by Nohr. I'd feel like I was living a complete lie and I'd honestly feel betrayed by THEM for that.

Well, my logic is A. the Nohrian siblings likely weren't aware you were kidnapped barring Xander B. I would deal with Garon either during the war or shortly after via assassination or reformation C. The Hoshidans could be flat out lying and D. by supporting Nohr's invasion I could potentially bring a quicker end to the conflict and eventually deal with Garon himself.

Edited by MCProductions

I had a lot to contemplate on too since (MY SCRIBBLES ARE YOU ENJOYED COUGH COUGH HAC) I do like the siblings of both sides. And yeah, Revelations will be my main because 1) my foxy husbando & the wolf can be together & 2) it's canon

:)

And yes, as many people happy and alive as possible is my happy ending.

Well, my logic is A. the Nohrian siblings likely weren't aware you were kidnapped B. I would deal with Garon either during the war or shortly after via assassination or reformation C. The Hoshidans could be flat out lying and D. by supporting Nohr's invasion I could potentially bring a quicker end to the conflict and eventually deal with Garon himself.

Aren't you given a chance to get to know the Hoshido siblings though? I don't think even I would side with them if that wasn't the case, because you're right, they could be lying for all I know. But if I got a chance to know them a little better and see if there's any evidence to back up their story, I'd most probably still side with them.

2) it's canon

Where is it said that Revelation is the only canon story here?

The whole choice scene is so stressful, I can't even imagine what I would do if I was in that situation. I think returning home with the Nohrian siblings would feel like a right - or at least, more comfortable - choice, since I've known them for so long.

Or I would just run away.

I'm going to play all three paths, but I'll start with Conquest, because I've gotten quite attached to the Nohrian siblings and basically everything about the game intrigues me more. (the storyline, the characters, the difficulty etc.)

Edited by Carnation

Aren't you given a chance to get to know the Hoshido siblings though? I don't think even I would side with them if that wasn't the case, because you're right, they could be lying for all I know. But if I got a chance to know them a little better and see if there's any evidence to back up their story, I'd most probably still side with them.

Considering the choice takes place at either chapter 5 or 6, I'm guessing there's 3 chapters for each family, tho I don't know if they present Corrin enough evidence for my tastes yet.

Currently have a special edition preordered *knocks on wood* so I won't really have to make a choice, but my play order is going to be alphabetical (Birthright, Conquest, Revelations), with the final being my quote "canonical" game. Might even go so far as to go have my Hoshido play through be named Kamui while Nohr gets Corrin, to reflect the character feeling more at home in one nation or the other.

As for who I would choose in real life... I might have to say neither. On the one hand, there'd be a lot of loyalty to he family that raised me, but at the same time, a lot of resentment towards Garon for taking me as a hostage and taking me away from my homeland. So I'd advocate neutrality/running away with my Nohrian counterpart and the maid. Supposing I did choose a side, I'd bend over backwards trying to keep the peace, or at the very least, keep my family(ies) from getting hurt.

Edited by REL

Considering the choice takes place at either chapter 5 or 6, I'm guessing there's 3 chapters for each family, tho I don't know if they present Corrin enough evidence for my tastes yet.

Yeah, that's fair if you haven't played the game yet.

IRL, definitely Nohr.

They raised me and while yes, Garon is a shithead, but plenty of people other then him in Nohr are good people e.g. your 'siblings', your subordinates (Gunter, Jakob, the maids etc...). Anyways Garon is gonna die anyways, whether it be because he is the main bad guy or because he is just executed because of his crimes and just being a douche.

For the game, I am playing all routes so I voted for all three.

Where is it said that Revelation is the only canon story here?

It wasn't confirmed canon, but it just seems like the more canon of the stories & it seems like the kind of person Corrin would be

Save both kingdoms, have both sides' siblings, etc

Especially since during the other two stories he keeps wishing both were with him & he wished he could save all of them

It wasn't confirmed canon, but it just seems like the more canon of the stories & it seems like the kind of person Corrin would be

Save both kingdoms, have both sides' siblings, etc

Especially since during the other two stories he keeps wishing both were with him & he wished he could save all of them

Oh, I see. I think you're right, actually. I myself wouldn't want to just kill the siblings who raised me either, truth be told. Even if I would side with Hoshido if I absolutely could NOT choose neither, it would be hard to leave behind the family that raised and loved me.

I wanted to pre-order the special edition, but by the time my budget allowed for that level of discretionary spending on games/miniatures the stock had run dry. As such, I just pre-ordered Conquest. I know the SE is availalbe from some retailers now, but...

xcom2.jpg

J͔o̪̠̦̳͚̯̲i̳̭̱̦̦̯̠͘n͍̙͕ ͓̪̱̥͇u̦̩̜̼s̟͎͖͉͓͍,̰͎͕̤̫́ ̴̻̼̝o̢͉̜ͅr͍͇̗̟͎̹̘ ̢̫͇̺b̤̰̜̳̰e̪c̘̭͞ó͚m͍̥͉̪͉̦͡e҉̺̞͍̫̖ ̶̲̜̮͙̞͔ͅt̪̼̘̩͠h͍e̛̲m̪͖͖͝

If I had to pick, I would say either Nohr or Neutrality. There is equal pull between both A) wanting to return to the people who I was raised with, because even though they are not my blood-family, they are far more like a "family" to me than some mooks who claim to be my true family and I should fight for them because of that. B) I would be leery of the fact that my supposed father just tried to order my assassination. While I strongly doubt my siblings had any influence on its ordering, I wouldn't put it past "father" for trying something else.

Again, I would either run away with my retainers chasing after me or fall back in line with my Nohrian brethren. Nohr or Neutrality, Conquest or Revelations.

Edited by warchiefwilliams

Neither seems to be my option irl, but in game I chose Nohr because I like the gameplay the most in Conquest.

You silly man, on my threads

Oh, I see. I think you're right, actually. I myself wouldn't want to just kill the siblings who raised me either, truth be told. Even if I would side with Hoshido if I absolutely could NOT choose neither, it would be hard to leave behind the family that raised and loved me.

Yeah, it hasn't been confirmed canon by Nintendo (as I have seen), but even they say you should play Revelations last (which makes sense, play the alternates first, then play the canon)

You silly man, on my threads

Yeah, it hasn't been confirmed canon by Nintendo (as I have seen), but even they say you should play Revelations last (which makes sense, play the alternates first, then play the canon)

Hey you have good threads. You're smarter than I gave you credit for~ I just would choose neither so I can get all the cuties. You know me.