Can we just talk about this for a second

Hoshidokoala

During the recent Birthright playthrough by Gamexplain, we saw a lot of new stuff. We also got to hear more of character voices, although sadly Felicia's was the most frequent. However one voice shone above all the rest and was so soothing to anyone's ears, and surprisingly was Orochi's. Am I the only one who thinks this?

I really liked her voice too. Many of the voices we are now hearing, or are hearing more are growing on me. Like Felicia sounds okay now.

I haven't heard it, but it's definiftley something I'm looking forward to when I finally play Birthright or Revelation. Although Rinkah has a really good voice too, I will make her slightly good. I swear. Orochi and Hayato were some of me and my old friend's favorite characters in birthright (mostly cause they make an OP Shara~)

Edited by GrayClouds23

I really liked her voice too. Many of the voices we are now hearing, or are hearing more are growing on me. Like Felicia sounds okay now.

Yes! Some voices I wasn't too sure about but I end up liking them anyways... Same with Felicia, I love her voice now.

orochi is my wife

she was the least popular in the girls rankings. like literally the least. the 28th. it's disgusting

Makes no sense, she's pretty and has a nice personality. Also is a very good mage. I think she puts the nohr mages to shame except Leo of course.

Does anyone know where in the stream I can hear her voice? I don't want to watch the whole thing, since I'm trying to stay mostly unspoiled, but I'm curious what she sounds like.

at like the 1:07:00 mark

it's incredibly true to her Japanese voice, they kept it exactly the same.

Agreed, this doesn't need to be its own thread.

orochi is my wife

she was the least popular in the girls rankings. like literally the least. the 28th. it's disgusting

Makes no sense, she's pretty and has a nice personality. Also is a very good mage. I think she puts the nohr mages to shame except Leo of course.

Have you guys considered that maybe, just maybe, some people don't like her type of personality? I don't mind a sense of humor, but Orochi comes off as rather mean-spirited in some of her supports, which is a massive turn off for me. I may not see the appeal in her, but saying that it's "disgusting" other people may have reasons for not liking her makes YOU sound like you're disgustingly intolerant. She never did well for me as a unit either when I played Hoshido and third path.

Her voice is nice, though.

Edited by Sunwoo

Agreed, this doesn't need to be its own thread.

Have you guys considered that maybe, just maybe, some people don't like her type of personality? I don't mind a sense of humor, but Orochi comes off as rather mean-spirited in some of her supports, which is a massive turn off for me. I may not see the appeal in her, but saying that it's "disgusting" other people may have reasons for not liking her makes YOU sound like you're disgustingly intolerant. She never did well for me as a unit either when I played Hoshido and third path.

Her voice is nice, though.

Whew bro, I did not say it was disgusting. Just kinda sad, I can understand why people dont like her. I don't like Velour, and most people give me a sour look when I say that, but it's just my opinion.

The person above you, however, DID specifically say it was disgusting and was primarily towards them that particular comment was directed. That said, people are going to like and dislike characters. Some people dislike my favorite characters for what I feel are pretty shallow reasons, but I don't really care. But comments like "it's disgusting other people don't like her" or "makes no sense why people don't like her because she's great" just come off as being dumb. Reasons that you may like a character (great personality, pretty) are in no means objective.

I HAVE seen people here and elsewhere speak of their own opinions for liking characters as if it were objective, speaking down on people who don't share that opinion, and it's getting annoying. Just a little. Maybe.

The person above you, however, DID specifically say it was disgusting and was primarily towards them that particular comment was directed. That said, people are going to like and dislike characters. Some people dislike my favorite characters for what I feel are pretty shallow reasons, but I don't really care. But comments like "it's disgusting other people don't like her" or "makes no sense why people don't like her because she's great" just come off as being dumb. Reasons that you may like a character (great personality, pretty) are in no means objective.

I HAVE seen people here and elsewhere speak of their own opinions for liking characters as if it were objective, speaking down on people who don't share that opinion, and it's getting annoying. Just a little. Maybe.

Makes sense, people on the web are so like that though. I just tend to ignore things that annoy me.

In the Gameexplain video the guy said you can't S-Rank with Elise (only just A+) but you can with Sakura. I haven't seen evidence of this besides what he said - anyone know where I can confirm/deny this?

In the Gameexplain video the guy said you can't S-Rank with Elise (only just A+) but you can with Sakura. I haven't seen evidence of this besides what he said - anyone know where I can confirm/deny this?

that'd be pretty silly if they did it for one but not for the other, so i doubt its true.

all S ranks or all A+ ranks for underaged characters, we can't have it both ways, that'd be hypocritical.

either that or sakura is clearly the localization team's waifu.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

I may not see the appeal in her, but saying that it's "disgusting" other people may have reasons for not liking her makes YOU sound like you're disgustingly intolerant.

Oh?

I was joking, but I guess I sounded a bit serious. I'll edit my original post, thanks for letting me know it comes off as more serious than I wanted to.

Edited by PopteenPrincess

doubt it considering Kamui didnt have any options to A+ and wtf would they do that when SAKURA is supposed to be the one you are actually related to?

I could be wrong, but I think the Gamexplain dude might've mistaken the A+ with Elise for Effie's A+ with Elise.

It would be weird to not be able to marry her if you can marry Sakura and etc. Plus Corrin DOES NOT need A+ supports, as they get their friend's class with a simple A... right?

I could be wrong, but I think the Gamexplain dude might've mistaken the A+ with Elise for Effie's A+ with Elise.

It would be weird to not be able to marry her if you can marry Sakura and etc. Plus Corrin DOES NOT need A+ supports, as they get their friend's class with a simple A... right?

It only works for same gendered characters so Mamui wouldn't be able to get Monk or Troubadour via Sakura/Elise unless he married them.