Interested on SMT series (and "spin-offs/branches"). Recommendations?

Rapier

The sequel of Devil Survivor is even better

• more maps (the Tokyo maps from 1 return + new ones)
  • more characters playable in the beginning
  • more demons
  • more variety in the soundtrack
  • introduction of social links

The Persona games have pretty much the same gameplay during the battles like in Devil Survivor.

You fight with your entire team, which has one demon each of them. (Unfortunately) you can control only your main character. If he dies, it's Game Over.

It represents a few demons of the Devil Survivor series like Pixie or Pyro Jack and same magic spells (agi, zio, dia). However there are more elements (strike, light).

In general the Persona series is a cross of a round based RPG and a simulation (day organisation).

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

I prefer Devil Survivor 2 but both games are so close in gameplay that you will most likely choose which is better is to see which story you prefer. (Though devil survivor did add social links and a bit more variety)

Devil Survivor 2 does have more features, and the 3ds re-release Record Breaker adds a part 2 of the main story which adds 40+ hours plus a new array of demons to go with it, plus the part 2 story is really good, I thought it was going be some filler but I really liked it