Cipher Series 5 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: August 13: September Marker Cards

Kirie

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all have our faves. I am the one oddball that prefers the first SR marth to the second SR Marth (I just hate how the pants look on that version).

Sigurd/Michalis/Camus/Toma-Cain are all good. This is around Xander/Ryoma for me. Owain is just really awful.

Edited by Draxal

I think we can all agree that this is better than any of the stuff Douji Shiki has released.

Their ST Elincia was their best, and that was only just "okay" for me. But Draxal is right, we all have our faves. I guess it just sucks a little when one of them gets a bit of hate, lol.

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out what the rest of the SRs for both factions could be. Geoffrey and Fir really surprised me, and definitely took spots from what I thought were totally gonna be in. For instance, with the Geoffrey SR, its confirmed RD has Sanaki and him, and very likely Micaiah and Sothe as well. That leaves just two spots... Ike, Nailah, Kurthnaga, Zelgius, Sigrun, and maybe Sephiran were all likely candidates for me, but now I could see Lucia getting a spot too now. And this is just for the RD half. I don't even know where to begin for Binding Blade...

Geoffrey was a shock, but so was Severa and Minerva in the last set imho. It seems like returnee sets try to shake things up a bit. I don't think Fir is that much of a shock as she was fifth in that one official poll, and that's good of a barometer as anything.

The locks for Binding Blade are Narcian (frame is confirmed to be SR); Roy and Lilina. Rutger is probably a lock as well. It's just that last spot I have no clue on.

Edited by Draxal

Geoffrey was a shock, but so was Severa and Minerva in the last set imho. It seems like returnee sets try to shake things up a bit. I don't think Fir is that much of a shock as she was fifth in that one official poll, and that's good of a barometer as anything.

The locks for Binding Blade are Narcian (frame is confirmed to be SR); Roy and Lilina. Rutger is probably a lock as well. It's just that last spot I have no clue on.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get Zephiel. Or really unlucky and get Guinevere.

Shanna was the third most popular female character in that poll but something tells me that she won't get SR. I think Fae might get one thanks to being relevant manakete character but who knows.
Wonder how alt illustrations for SR+/R+ cards will affect aftermarket prices.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get Zephiel. Or really unlucky and get Guinevere.

Doubt we're getting either of them as it looks like Narcian's taking that spot.

Shanna was the third most popular female character in that poll but something tells me that she won't get SR. I think Fae might get one thanks to being relevant manakete character but who knows.

Wonder how alt illustrations for SR+/R+ cards will affect aftermarket prices.

I thought Fae earlier, but she's not nearly as popular as Chiki/TIki. I'm expecting Shanna to make it in and Raigh to drop out (because he's going to be the same rarity as Llugh in one of those panorama card sets).

They don't seem to care about representing every character. There are Awakening/Fates characters who have no cards even though it was completely doable. Instead they gave additional alt promotion/reclass cards to popular units.

Edited by Cat Villager

What worries me is BB has one of the largest rosters of all and a lot of characters are gonna get 2/3 cards... I wouldn't say anyone is even guaranteed to even be in it all, regardless of rarity.

Awakening's entire cast didn't make the cut back in Series 1, which is pretty normal. We'll definitely see more characters from Binding Blade in a later series.

The second set of Fates, Shadow Dragon and Awakening built on what was there and expanded on characters that already had cards, which is good for gameplay, but not for completing a character cast.

He's also a playable character in FE3 Book 2. I always considered SR Emperor Hardin to be the villain slot for S4, especially since PC Hardin also gets an R. It's pretty subjective, though.

Sorry to quote this old post, but to clarify, Michalis was never playable in FE3 Book 2.

He was playable in New Mystery of the Emblem however.

I wouldn't worry about characters being skipped, there are only 14 characters from PoR waiting for cards without even taking shoe ins like Lucia into account. It will take some time, but they'll get there.

The second set of Fates, Shadow Dragon and Awakening built on what was there and expanded on characters that already had cards, which is good for gameplay, but not for completing a character cast.

Exactly. I am aware that other games didn't get the whole cast, but that doesn't really give them a pass. I know that people like me (who want as many characters, if not all of them) are not who they are targeting - they made a fun game and want people to buy as many packs as possible.

I want Karel cards from both 6/7. I'm wondering if we are even going to get one.

For the record I am still waiting on some SD/MotE characters as well. Binding Blade is my favorite game, is it so wrong I want as many characters as possible? I have to practically give up characters like Hugh and Geese so Fir can get her 6the card. I like Fir, but that's the ropes and it sucks no matter how you spin it.

Yep, it's a card game, and not a collector design series of cards.

edit. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hugh get a card, he did high in the popularity poll.

Edited by Draxal

I think Karel will probably be skipped this time, assuming Narcian is 48 (Emma & Shade take 49&50), it seems too tight for him.

41: Cecilia

42-43: Sofiya

44-45: Fae

46: Douglass (He should be there with Perceval & Cecilia like how S1 had Astram, Midia, and Jeorge)

47: Juno (She should also be with her sisters)

I thought Emma and Shade were just added to the Fates set? They're in all of the upcoming sets?

Edited by Ruffina

I'm fine with them, lots of FE games have a bad M/F ratio by default, so they help balance the sexes a little bit.

I'd have to say I'm a tad against adding random characters in a character driven game to fill an arbitrary quota. Don't add them at the expense of, say Niime, who is female but not pretty.

Adding females like Nyna is incredibly awesome. Adding females that have never been in a FE ever is just ????

(I hope I am not coming across as agressive, I don't mean to be. It's safe to say I don't get these particular characters)

I'd Don't add them at the expense of, say Niime, who is female but not pretty.

(Looking into it atm) How many characters that are above the age of ~40 that get cards? (Then again, there generally aren't a ton of older people in FE) And not characters like Tiki/Fae/Myrrh/etc, but like Gunter or Jegan or Jodel. (Gunter has 1, Jegan has 2)

I really would like to see an Igrene, Cath, and Echidna but I dunno if any of them are popular enough cards this round. Have we seen a Lalam or Elphin yet?

I agree that I'd rather see actual existing characters over Shade/Ema/etc but I think they're also there to help bring in people from the other card sets? I dunno, I generally just don't keep their cards at all.