Cipher Series 5 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: August 13: September Marker Cards

Kirie

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed Lance, Allen, Bors, Marcus, Lot and Wade in the ST.

Rutgers and Shana get starter exclusive cards and foils (along with Roy, Lilina and Marcus with Sue's level 2 getting foiled in the starter).. So they're most likely the last two SRs as well. Also, Kurthnaga looks to have the R+ frame.

Edited by Draxal

Muarim card looks amazing. I hope they relased a card for Brom, if they relased i definitly start to collect this card. Especialy becouse i want some cool artwork for my big boy Brom for make a poster.

Edited by PedroKeitawa

Poor Marcus, designated to be a starter exclusive like Jagen.

I figure Merlinus will be our Oliver equivalent promo for this series.

At least he gets a foil just like Greil. Although, Jagen did get a promo.

Rutger Belmont.

And yeah, swordmasters were always among the most popular characters.

:D

Also, to be fair to Rutger, he's arguably one of the most important characters in BB gameplay wise. I like Fir and all, but Rutger definitely earned his spot as a SR. Few other SM in the entire series are as important / good as he was in the context of BB.

Is this the first set Komori Nico has done for Cipher? He nailed this Rutger (and the level 1 version of him looks really good as well).

edit. NM he did Odin all the way in set 2. This is just a standout.

Edited by Draxal

So if Deke doesn't have the Durandal, and Rutger doesn't have the Durandal either.

Then who the hell is driving the car?

So if Deke doesn't have the Durandal, and Rutger doesn't have the Durandal either.

Then who the hell is driving the car?

Wouldn't surprise me if Allen/Lance have Durandal/Maltet.

Rutger did pretty well with just a KE and his 100+ crit, and Dieck was always a great candidate for Armads. Geese/Gonzo should get that, though.

Yeah but with his STR more often than not the Durandal would hit harder raw damage, and most of that Crit chance comes from Support bonuses and the stupid crit bonus Swordmastes have in that game (In vanilla at least, I use Gringe's numbers patch personally after playing the vanilla once, yeah no I'm not taking that +30 thing there's a reason it was lowered to 15 later. And honestly I didn't want to learn new weapon stats not to mention some downright stupid things the vanilla has like Troubadours and Nomads bypassing effective weapons), anyways making it so taking your chances with the Durandal end in more damage overall if you ask me.

REGARDLESS, they are probably saving the Durandal and Armads for Eliwood and Hector honestly, yeah we already have like seven Falchions so it doesn't hold much water but givent he fact that it's probably the way I'm fine with it honestly.

It's not that Rutger doesn't benefit from Durandal, it's just pretty heavy and there are other characters that benefit more from it.

Rutger was still ORKOing/ seriously crippling dragons during the Jahn chapter with a KE. Alan/Lance/Percival/Dieck all want Durandal before Rutger.

I am fine with whoever they give the weapons to. I just don't think Rutger is known for being its best user.

Vanilla BB ftw :D

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

You guys are using player video game logic, which would mean it would never go to Roy. However, it can easily go to Roy for his SR.

Why would you ever give the Durandal to Roy when the Sword of Seals (Binding Blade? god I still float around this one) is one of the most broken weapons in the series and he gets it before he can even reach S rank Swords and he already has on his ST promotion.

Certainly others would benefit more from it overall due to Rutger's retarded crit rate, but in a game where Arm Scrolls aren't a thing the rest may not have S rank swords while Rutger getting it is pretty much assured. So yeah.

So who will be the best users for other divine weapons?

For the purple series:

Forblaze - Lilina

Durandal - Eliwood

Ramada - Hector

Maltet - (probably an Ilian mercenary)

Murgheils - (probably a Sacaean)

Aureola - (probably a St. Elimine clergy)

Apocalypse - (I honestly have no idea)

So who will be the best users for other divine weapons?

Forblaze - Lilina

Durandal - Eliwood, or Alen/Dieck

Armads - Hector or Gonzo/Geese/Dieck

Maltet - any Paladin, Lance or Alan especially but even Percival. Juno/Thany/Tate don't deserve it.

Murgheils - Sue and Shin likely, but I would like to see it go to Wolt

Aureola - Saul? Elen? No one can use it effectively in the game without babying, except maybe lol Yodel. Probably not featured on gameplay alone, so my guess is Cipher Elen.

Apocalypse - Raigh or Niime. I'd like to see it go to Niime.

Not every character needs that dramatic flavor text framing, they're overusing it now. It's a shame as the artwork is great.

Soren now has 3 3/2s...

Edited by Draxal

I was actually lowkey thinking that Soren was gonna get an SR again, just given how often we saw his (H)N art floating around in promotional stuff. Glad to see that spot will go to someone else, assuming he doesn't pull a S4 Hardin and get 3 cards... after all, we haven't see Soren in his Archsage class yet.

I'm really curious what the last SR will be for Radiant Dawn now (assuming that Micaiah, Sothe, and Ike get one). Someone mentioned Lucia earlier, and now I wouldn't be surprised if she got it.

*Edit* I'm not too sure Jayvee. Geoffrey got an SR, and it only depicts him as a Lance/Glory Knight.

Edited by Together We Ride