Cipher Series 5 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: August 13: September Marker Cards

Kirie

I really like the Cecilia card artstyle. I think I preferred Nephenee's armor when it was less intricate. Amiti looks nice even if it's different, not sure why there are some kind of ribbons coming from it though.

Vanguard Ike looks good too, although his face made me think of Greil, and his pose of Itsuki (I know that this pose is pretty generic, but it still was the first thing that came to my mind).

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question: what's the source on these? i mean, clearly it's twitter, but what twitter account is posting these?

Vanguard Ike looks good too, although his face made me think of Greil, and his pose of Itsuki (I know that this pose is pretty generic, but it still was the first thing that came to my mind).

Well, Greil IS Ike's dad. :P

thanks. every so often i see these sorts of cleaned-up, backgroundless versions of art for most of the series going around but there's never a source attached to them and it's p infuriating. boy, am i glad to actually see these sourced!

Edited by bookofholsety

SR Geo looks pretty cool and I love Cecilia and Bastian as well. Now we just need one more Delbray thrown into the mix and my Power Trio + Elincia will be there. <3

thanks. every so often i see these sorts of cleaned-up, backgroundless versions of art for most of the series going around but there's never a source attached to them and it's p infuriating. boy, am i glad to actually see these sourced!

They are more often than not for markers sold/given away at the particular stores iirc, so people generally ignore the details on them.

I think the only time I saw the artist post those was for the Set4 Whitewings.

Man, Geoffrey looks good and all but as a card it's certainly dissapointing if you ask me.

Especially compared to the other SRs which at worst had ''yo this can be fun'' like Fir, granted, we don't have all that many SRs this far I guess.

Edited by Jariu

I'm really starting to wonder about tier three cards, the numbering so far isn't going in their favour, and wonder why units who appear as third tier characters by default are only second tier.

Oh man, I really wasn't expecting an SR Geoffrey at all, but I freaking love Geoffrey so I couldn't be more happy (at least not until they officially reveal the (S)R Ike of the set).

That being said, I don't think anyone predicted Geoffrey would be getting an SR this set, same with Fir. At least for me, they really came outta left field. Does this change anyone's predictions for the rest of the SR's?

Edited by Together We Ride

Oh man, I really wasn't expecting an SR Geoffrey at all, but I freaking love Geoffrey so I couldn't be more happy (at least not until they officially reveal the (S)R Ike of the set).

That being said, I don't think anyone predicted Geoffrey would be getting an SR this set, same with Fir. At least for me, they really came outta left field. Does this change anyone's predictions for the rest of the SR's?

Maybe we'll get Lucia as an SR? I didn't expect Geoffrey either.

Also Ana pls why you use the same Ike Avatar as me :V

I guess I'll change it.

EDIT: More art!

Source: https://twitter.com/Akibagrapan/status/737864865738596352

Sothe

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj1sLBZWkAAyoO9.jpg

Lilina

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj1sL0cWkAAyVAs.jpg

Ellen

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj1sJJ0WgAAAybe.jpg

Sigrun

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj1sKpuXEAAtIQq.jpg

Edited by TheVinceKnight

...That Geoffrey looks weird. It's the face, I think.

You're not the only one. I guess the artist who drew Geoffrey had his own perception in mind, but maybe hasn't played either PoR or RD much to get a good idea of his face. That, or maybe the artist was given a quick google image and was told "draw this character for Series 5" lol.

Eh, that's just Rika Suzuki's style. They did the art for the SR Xander and Ryoma, as well as a few others like Michalis and the heron siblings, and they all look similar. I've come to accept it, even if they aren't my fave illustrator.

Rika is very hit or miss. I loved her Camus but her Owain is really awful. I don't like her Geoffrey (It just doesn't look like him), but I'm glad her Sigurd turned out decent enough.

Edited by Draxal

I don't like her Geoffrey (It just doesn't look like him)

Yeah, I didn't think this really looked like Geoffrey either. The face just doesn't look like his. And I feel like there's not much life in those eyes or that smile.