Is Fates Lunatic and lunatic+ as unfair like in awekening

Spellsion

For Birthright and Conquest, the enemy stat increase from hard to lunatic is minimal. Lunatic changes up the number and positioning of enemies you face, as well as giving the enemies more skills (particularly in Conquest). I don't know about Revelation tho.

Lunatic in Fates is easier than Awakening, and no Lunatic+ in Fates. Plus you got fixed level up stats in Lunatic so no bad RNG level up stats like in Awakening.

Not really, you can still get bad Level ups. The system, as far as I can tell, only prevents save scumming.

In a way, it would also depend on if you find Hard to be fair.

Hoshido Hard>Lunatic is probably the one with the least changes.

Nohr has the most changes I guess, Revelations just throws a few skills and other small things.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Yea it's not like Fixed Growths that go according to the character's averages (unfortunately). The stats the character will get are seeded on recruitment I believe. Not sure how reclassing effects that tho. I heard someone's Xander got only 2 speed procs in 15 levels. But yea, you can still get screwed/blessed. You just can't cherry-pick levels.

Edited by OurBoyRoy

Yea it's not like Fixed Growths that go according to the character's averages (unfortunately). The stats the character will get are seeded on recruitment I believe. Not sure how reclassing effects that tho. I heard someone's Xander got only 2 speed procs in 15 levels. But yea, you can still get screwed/blessed. You just can't cerry-pick levels.

One of my runs through IK Marx went all the way to level 20 with no speed procs. I was not a happy camper.

Not really, you can still get bad Level ups. The system, as far as I can tell, only prevents save scumming.

In a way, it would also depend on if you find Hard to be fair.

Hoshido Hard>Lunatic is probably the one with the least changes.

Nohr has the most changes I guess, Revelations just throws a few skills and other small things.

Oh I see.. I thought I got fixed level up stats because I got the same stats if I soft reset my save file..

One of my runs through IK Marx went all the way to level 20 with no speed procs. I was not a happy camper.

Gravitypuffs Is Not Amused

As for the thread, there's no Lunatic+, thankfully.

To me Lunatic is just as tough as it was in Awakening but this time its balanced i.e. in Awakening I only found it unfair in terms of difficulty because the game forces you to be very select in who you train, if you unlock a character at the start of a chapter and use that character then your team in the next chapter is going to be screwed and no one wants to play like that which is why we get stuck.