GameSpot streaming near-completed Birthright

Elieson

the Ryoma x Scarlet ship in Hubba Tester =P

not that they realize Hubba is a joke compatibility test (they were so salty with Silas)

More shipping fuel for the fire. They really need a manual though. :p

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from the prime "localization apologist" here...

White Blood->Hoshidan Noble is underwhelming. There's got to have been something more exotic and grand sounding other than "Welp, you're a noble". Heck, the average noble is below the rank of Prince/Princess.

Don't be so negative bro ;)

When they decided on RyomaxScarlet, I was like "there's no way they would be matches, it'd just be a slap in the face to the shippers who can't support them".

They get the Best Link. Of course.

*flips tables*

I actual grew to like Derrick while watching Nohr chapter 7. He was actually trying to think about his next move and use pair up and tag team effectively.

Hopefully he ends up reviewing it.

Derrick has stated on twitter that he's the one reviewing the game for GameXplain as Andre and Ash don't play Fire Emblem.

Also, if you want to watch a stream of Fates, AbdallahSmash026 on YouTube has been uploading a chapter a day for each path. He's currently working on Birthright.

Edit: He's also doing a giveaway of the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition that you can enter by liking at least one of his videos in the Fates playlists.

Edited by KazeNinja17

Basara is confirmed basara

But i mean

What IS a basara. Like out of the FE realm

What I found:

婆娑羅:Officially romanized as Basara. A term which describes eccentric, self-indulgent, or restraint-free behavior.

Source:http://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Basara

Edited by Luankachu

Basara is confirmed basara

But i mean

What IS a basara. Like out of the FE realm

What I've been able to make out from my (crap) trilingual abilities / Google translating

Basara seems to be a performance of eccentric behaviour and flamboyant clothing, often as a satire towards the class system in the Late Kamakura Shogunate - Nanboku-Cho Period, although etymology of this term seems to be somewhat varied and somewhat unclear (Vajra as Sanskrit for Diamond, non-traditional genre of music in the Heian Period, etc.). Seems like the term has since been denigrated to mean eccentrism or over-the-top behaviour that goes against common sense, or the people that display it.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Derrick has stated on twitter that he's the one reviewing the game for GameXplain as Andre and Ash don't play Fire Emblem.

Also, if you want to watch a stream of Fates, AbdallahSmash026 on YouTube has been uploading a chapter a day for each path. He's currently working on Birthright.

I've noticed that Derrick is the only member of GameXPlain who actually plays games that aren't Mario/Zelda/Smash/Splatoon. It actually kinda makes me mad. If you notice, he's the only one in videos about more obscure or niche stuff even if he isn't good at it. Before Xenoblade X released, he had to have Chuggaaconroy in order to even do discussions at all, and Chuggaa and Masae were the two in the impressions video. He also solely played Xenoblade X as well as older FEs. I've noticed the other two have hideously shallow tastes.

As for the names, I feel conflicted. Oni Chieftain would have been better served as just Chieftain. Master of Arms would be better as Arms Master. Especially for Master of Arms tbh. I really don't feel that "of" belongs in a class name. Hoshidan Noble is also weird but oh well. Maybe Hoshidan Heir would have worked better?

Edited by Ms. Andrews

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Nohr/Hoshido noble; way too bland of a name for a shape changing dragon prince/princess chosen by a holy sword to save the world. I would of much preferred something like Dusk Prince/Princess for Nohr and Dawn Prince/Princess for Hoshido, after the Dusk Dragon and Dawn Dragon you seem to very much represent in your army. That "heir" suggestion sounds good too. If not that, at least the original names would've sounded better and unique. :<

Also, I'm laughing my butt off after watching that stream over how risque this game still manages to sound even with whatever NoA did cut. I'm not sure how "face petting" managed to trump some of the innuendos I keep seeing; we're the ones in the JP face petting really that bad? Or are they compensating for the loss by injecting some everywhere else? XD

That hurt my eyes to watch. Thoughts:

1) Goodness male Kana's voice is awful. Especially in comparison to female Kana.

2) Midori's a cute name. Glad Sophie's staying, but Abel->Avel confuses me.

3) You let Onmyoji in but not Tsubaki what the hell NoA

4) Hoshido Noble is underwhelming. I liked the earlier suggestions of Dusk/Dawn Prince/ess.

5) Master of Arms is a sick class name, Spear Master is cool, Priestess is nice but to be expected, Oni Chieftan is eh, Basara is Basara.

Edited by Abvora

2) Midori's a cute name. Glad Sophie's staying, but Abel->Avel confuses me.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but the horse's name was never Abel. I believe this was just a fan localisation, right? In any case, Treehouse seemed to have romanised it exactly, like Beruka. The horse's name was アヴェル Averu while Abel (character) was アベル Aberu. It's a bit strange not to include the reference still since in Awakening we had Minerva, but it's not like it's a weird/bad choice.

did they upgrade the shop? Since there was a black swimsuit on Gamexplain's video if so I might address this to Team if's patch project.

yeah, The big yellow ribbon mark I included in the image was the Rank 3 Accessory shop. The black swimsuit is just the standard "armorless" underwear, much like the white swimsuit in Hoshidan characters.

yeah, The big yellow ribbon mark I included in the image was the Rank 3 Accessory shop. The black swimsuit is just the standard "armorless" underwear, much like the white swimsuit in Hoshidan characters.

So they took out swimsuits at the accessory shop even though you can clearly see them in the hot tub? Lol it's stuff like this man idek what they do at NOA

I've noticed watching these streams that the way they pronounce some of these Japanese names bothers me, lol. You don't stress syllables with Japanese words. I cringe whenever I hear the male Avatar say "sa-KU-ra", or in this video, when the female Avatar says "For Hoshido!" like "ho-SHI-do" with emphasis on the "shi." Just... have to tell myself that it's not really their fault...

Oh my god, the woman playing the game pronounced "Hana" like "Hannah."

They don't know any better, they don't know any better, they don't know any better...

They don't know any better, they don't know any better, they don't know any better...

I disliked their video because I felt offended when they were streaming the game. When the redhead said Jakob sucks, I wanted to punch her vocal cords. No one talks down on the one hell of a butler! Plus if she said she was an expert, then she should have given Deere (I know he has a localized name but I couldn't remember) great skills like Aegis or Luna from Jakob and Hoshido from F!Corrin. That's what I plan to do when I marry Jakob.