GameSpot streaming near-completed Birthright

Elieson

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disliked their video because I felt offended when they were streaming the game. When the redhead said Jakob sucks, I wanted to punch her vocal cords. No one talks down on the one hell of a butler! Plus if she said she was an expert, then she should have given Deere (I know he has a localized name but I couldn't remember) great skills like Aegis or Luna from Jakob and Hoshido from F!Corrin. That's what I plan to do when I marry Jakob.

I really don't understand how she could say Jakob sucks, especially when she's playing as the female Avatar, so she starts with him. My Jakob got garbage level ups (like, 2 points) almost constantly in a lot of my files, but he was still very valuable in every route on any difficulty, especially early on. Having a versatile attacker and healer that can make good use out of both physical and magic weapons that can lower stats is a godsend, especially on higher difficulties and in Conquest where you're short on healers for a long time. All she seems to have been playing is Normal difficulty on Casual or Phoenix mode, though, so no wonder she doesn't appreciate him considering the fact that she doesn't have to worry about actually protecting her units and putting a lot of thought into her moves.

Hey, just for reference. Are the going to be streaming again? What time did this stream start? I live in Australia so I may need to stay up really late in order to catch them.

Hey, just for reference. Are the going to be streaming again? What time did this stream start? I live in Australia so I may need to stay up really late in order to catch them.

I think it started at a reasonable time for us, surprisingly. I was watching it live this morning at like 9 or 10am (EDST)

To be fair, Omnyoji is a practionioner of Onmyōdō, which " is a traditional Japense esoteric cosmology, a mixture of natural science and occultism."

According to Wikipedia.

Edited by Dai

"Moral of the story is: don't tackle things underleveled."

More like don't position your units like a buffoon, this IS really painful to to watch, lol. Scarlet and Hinoka both get murdered by archers, Saizou and Sophie get sent to die, and Takumi gets boxed in all alone immediately. Holy how, the cringing is real, lol.

Oh well, the information is appreciated.

Holy how, I don't want to watch because spoilers, but man you're making it hard. I want to watch so bad now. Is it wrong of me to want to watch someone get slaughtered in fire emblem? For some reason it makes me feel fluffy and warm on the inside. =)

Edit: holy how, sorry delfino :P

Edited by RoyOurBoy

Im amazed at how shitty they are at naming things. Hoshidan noble? Onmyoji instead of exorcist?

The thing is that Hoshidan class names like "Exorcist", "Priestess", "Spellcaster" and "Golden Kite Warrior" were just loose translations that fans gave to Japanese mythical/historical concepts like Onmyoji, Miko, Majinaisi and Kinshimusha. The name was literally never Exorcist, fans just called it that because it was the closest thing we have to an Onmyoji in English.

Well we all expected shura to be changed as it shared a name with one of the characters now and onmyouji is literally the japanese name so that's cool.

And can I just say at least the hubba tester knows what’s up if only the game developers did.

tumblr_o2dc0dthmo1qi2rjuo1_400.png

Holy how, I don't want to watch because spoilers, but man you're making it hard. I want to watch so bad now. Is it wrong of me to want to watch someone get slaughtered in fire emblem? For some reason it makes me feel fluffy and warm on the inside. =)

Edit: holy how, sorry delfino :P

Haha, most every one of these preview videos we've gotten recently are slaughter-fests, you'll either think it's hilarious or you'll cringe at every decision. It's nice to get the English gameplay and information, at least.

Lmao, my typos tho, I just can't English today.

Edited by Delfino

Calling an onmyouji an exorcist is a faulty way to try to localize. In the West, the term exorcist brings up images of Catholic men in dark clothing trying to save a teenage girl possessed by a demon. While onmyouji were expected to protect against foul spirits, they also performed divination and keeping track of the calendar. You might as well call a miko a nun or a samurai a knight.

I'll admit, it's starting to roll off the tongue for me: Oh-nee-mee-oh-gee. I think that's right? xD

I say "oh-me-oh-jee". The "jee" sound is similar to saying the beginning part of the word "jeep".

I'm not an expert in Japanese, but I think that's how you say it.

Edited by Leif

They should have kept Spellcaster as the base class and made Diviner the promoted one, it makes sense as Onmyouji are meant to perform divinations, as Alazen said above. Also Staves are meant to be divine objects, aren't they?

They should have kept Spellcaster as the base class and made Diviner the promoted one, it makes sense as Onmyouji are meant to perform divinations, as Alazen said above. Also Staves are meant to be divine objects, aren't they?

They're rods for Hoshido and Nohr have staves.

I like most of the name changes, though I don't see why Weapons Master needed to be changed. The two playing the game were very annoying though, I couldn't watch the whole video because of it,

I think that's the common opinion of most people in the thread XD