Unpopular opinions that you have for Fire Emblem

henrymidfields

He wasn't the Black Knight back then. He just wore normal armor to hide his slowed aging. It was Lehran who gave him the blessed armor and Alondite to begin with. It's also referenced how the Black Knight turned up in Daein seemingly out of nowhere and impressed Ashnard. His origins wouldn't have been as mysterious if he was already a part of their recent history before Ashnard. I'm also quite sure something in that flashback mentions him enjoying working in the military for some branded discrimination related reason.

You're right on that though I didn't intend to suggest Zelgius was THE black knight back then, just that he was already going around as an armored man who may have kept his face hidden. So my bad.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order:

Binding Blade has the best level design of the series, only potentially matched by Thracia 776.

Same turn reinforcements are a good thing so long as they are handled properly (i.e. the player is given some manner of context clue so that they can reasonably prepare for it).

Book One is the weakest version of the original game on account of all the cut content. I'm more than happy to accept a spartan presentation and clunky controls in favor of having Wry, Darros, etc. on my team.

Dismounting indoors was a perfectly acceptable way to balance horseback units.

Bring back ranks! I don't really have the time to participate anymore but I still think the community would be best served to have an alternative to the ltc metagame.

These are my opinions.... whether they are unpopular or not.... I don't know.

- I actually like dismounting. It adds a little more realism in indoor maps.

- I actually like FE8, and I don't care that it is easier than most.

- There is no shame in grinding for gold and EXP, whether it is Arena-Abuse or random skirmishes.

- I am actually okay with FE13's story.

- I actually like the idea of playable avatars in FE. Makes me feel like I'm part of the game.

- I like Lyn, and I like Hector.... but I REALLY don't like them together.

- I have no problems with Phoenix/Casual modes.

- Bards/Dancers are near-useless.

- Characters and gameplay trump storylines.

And finally....

- I actually don't like Azura all that much.