Special Edition Pre-Order Anxiety Thread

dragonlordsd

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preordered from Best Buy and mine also says expected 12/31. It has not shipped yet and I have not yet been charged for it.

I ordered from Best Buy and I called my local store. They said that I would be able to pick it up Friday morning.

My Bestbuy order's release date changed, but still "In Progress" and still authorizing my card. They're seriously cutting it close with just 2 days, almost makes me feel that my local store's going to forget to fulfill my pre-order.

As someone with a Best Buy pre-order I am nervous as well. If nothing changes by tomorrow evening I'm calling them before they close to ask about it. My mom has to drive me out to pick it up so I don't want her to get mad at me for them not even having it there or something.

With all the hype, my biggest worry now is actually getting it on Friday, since by that point my hype's gonna be through the roof.

Side note: it seems that for best buy, people who are picking it up in store haven't had their release dates changed from 12/31, but people who are getting it shipped to them have. Can anyone confirm if this is true? (or, not true. you know. logic.)

Edited by dragonlordsd

My orders are with BestBuy, all separate orders too.

Conquest- shipped

Conquest- shipped

Birthright- shipped

Birthright- shipped

Fates New 3DS XL- preparing shipment

Special Edition (shipping)- "in progress"

Special Edition (store pickup)- "in progress"

As of 8:30pm Wednesday night.

This is a little nerve racking. Only the special editions haven't been updated. All 3 say they release 2/19/16, and "awaiting confirmation" with regard to payment, which was all done with the BestBuy Credit Card.

My orders are with BestBuy, all separate orders too.

Conquest- shipped

Conquest- shipped

Birthright- shipped

Birthright- shipped

Fates New 3DS XL- preparing shipment

Special Edition (shipping)- "in progress"

As of 8:30pm Wednesday night.

This is a little nerve racking. Only the special editions haven't been updated. All 3 say they release 2/19/16, and "awaiting confirmation" with regard to payment, which was all done with the BestBuy Credit Card.

That... is a lot of copies.

With all the hype, my biggest worry now is actually getting it on Friday, since by that point my hype's gonna be through the roof.

Side note: it seems that for best buy, people who are picking it up in store haven't had their release dates changed from 12/31, but people who are getting it shipped to them have. Can anyone confirm if this is true? (or, not true. you know. logic.)

Here's screenshots of my order:

tumblr_o2q284xFTi1rb90sgo1_1280.pngtumblr_o2q284xFTi1rb90sgo2_1280.png

My release date is the 19th, but literally nothing else has changed. My release date got changed maybe last Friday or Saturday?

For users using Best Buy to preorder, make sure it's set to expedited shipping -- for some reason by default it gives you the free shipping option, which is all well and good until you realize your game won't ship until the 24th, and fuck that noise. I ended up having to change it a couple days ago (for 11 dollars of course). Hopefully it's not too late for changes at this point.

For users using Best Buy to preorder, make sure it's set to expedited shipping -- for some reason by default it gives you the free shipping option, which is all well and good until you realize your game won't ship until the 24th, and fuck that noise. I ended up having to change it a couple days ago (for 11 dollars of course). Hopefully it's not too late for changes at this point.

I was still able to change mine, for $12. So if you guys want to do that, do it quick. me and my anxious ass started crying when i saw that you said it wouldnt ship til the 24th so i just. changed it without asking my mom. ill pay her back

I was still able to change mine, for $12. So if you guys want to do that, do it quick. me and my anxious ass started crying when i saw that you said it wouldnt ship til the 24th so i just. changed it without asking my mom. ill pay her back

Yeah I think I actually screamed a little when I noticed that. XD; I was like NO!! I warned my boyfriend too because that would've been terrible if I got to play it and he didn't.

Yeah I think I actually screamed a little when I noticed that. XD; I was like NO!! I warned my boyfriend too because that would've been terrible if I got to play it and he didn't.

Maybe a thread should be made? I mean, anyone freaking out over their preorder is probably checking this thread, but alas, some might miss it. I bet mine won't even get to my house til maybe the 20th because of how last minute I changed the shipping.

Mine says with free shipping it arrives by the 25th. Eh, I'll stick with the free shipping since my copy is coming from Amazon. The BB copy was for a friend and I'm not making him pay $12 more haha

I preordered the special at gamestop in door the first day. How do gamestop preorders work in store? Do they call me or what? First time pre ordering a special edition and I paid that shit 100%

Edited by Radiance

When I had called BB CS about the 12/31 release date earlier this week I had also asked if my copy would arrive in the 19th with the free shipping and the lady said yes it would

Edited by AyvuirRed

I preordered the special at gamestop in door the first day. How do gamestop preorders work in store? Do they call me or what? First time pre ordering a special edition and I paid that shit 100%

they will call you once the store opens most likely.

They either just send you an e-mail or text confirming it a day or two days before, but not always in my experience. Walk in on release day and tell them you have a pre-order for it. They should have asked for a phone number or PowerUp rewards account from you when you pre-ordered and if not, just make sure you have the receipt from the pre-order. If you did give them a phone number or PowerUp rewards account to put it under they'll just ask for it.

Edited by Ehrzeth

If you're able to get there right as they open (usually around 10am), you should be able to get the game as soon as they open.