Contact your GameStops! You might have a midnight release scheduled!

Giga Man

I just called my local GameStop and one of the workers said that they weren't doing a midnight release since (for that GameStop, anyway) there wasn't enough preorders to justify it.

Not like I can do a midnight release anyway, it's like a half hour drive to get there and stuff.

Thanks to time zones and stuff, I can acess my predownloaded version at about 7-8 PM on the 18th. That's probably at midnight or a little past it for most people. I could be wrong, but the "Days until distribution starts" counter on my 3DS says 3 days right now, and it's the 15th, so one would assume such.

Anyway, a midnight release would be completely pointless for me, because I'm usually asleep by 6:30 to wake up early the next day. Today's an exception because I'm flooded into my house right now, but I digress. I think a midnight release is interesting, it makes it seem like Fire Emblem is finally getting the recognition it deserves. Maybe there could be a bigger budget for the next games if this one sells well, and there could be branching paths even more so than Fates and numerous stories and all.

Wow, I got off topic quick. To sum up by thoughts, "Cool, that's nice."

Edited by DeoxyRibose

I don't think it goes by state, but by each individual location because I'm in CA and if you read my other post I talk about how they aren't doing anything at the store I preordered at.

Yeah, I don't think it's state-wide, I just know my store is doing that (so maybe we live near each other and my store is that same store as yours?) but obviously not since yours isn't, but that's why I said it like that. Maybe people here just live near me and can also get it on Thursday. >.>

Well, i live in a small town, even if it is California. So its likely they arent gonna keep the store open that late for like, three people plus maybe the 5 that ordered the bundles or just one route. It just doesnt seem terribly logical.

The GameStop I preordred at never does midnight releases, I think. And even if they did, I wouldn't ever go out at midnight anyway, I just don't like going out late. And I have to work Friday morning anyway.

But this is great for those that can go to a midnight release! ^^

(I know I've said on other topics I don't really like GameStop, which is true but they had everything I needed, like the Roy Amiibo)

I pre-ordered all the other Fates stuff at GameStop, and I'm really excited! A midnight release though? Never heard about it to be honest lol, I hope some people can get it!

!!!Hype!!!

RIP my local Gamestop isn't doing a midnight release for Fire Emblem Fates (due to not having enough pre-orders). But what I find weird is that they did a midnight release for Dragonball Z Xenoverse which I find kinda weird in comparison. I mean DBZ is a huge franchise but I was under the impression that not that many people buy the DBZ games.

RIP my local Gamestop isn't doing a midnight release for Fire Emblem Fates (due to not having enough pre-orders). But what I find weird is that they did a midnight release for Dragonball Z Xenoverse which I find kinda weird in comparison. I mean DBZ is a huge franchise but I was under the impression that not that many people buy the DBZ games.

My store didn't do a midnight release of Fallout 4, but we did a midnight release for CoD: BO3 and there were far less pre-orders for CoD than Fallout 4, so.. iunno man.

My Gamestop isn't either. The worker said that they didn't get enough preorders to hold a midnight release. She said it was mainly Gamestop employees and a few customers who preordered the game... I did get confirmation that the SE get the keychain bonus, too. She even called to check.

I live in California and the Gamestop near me is releasing the game on Thursday at 9pm (as it's technically midnight on the east coast then). It's pretty awesome, actually. >.> (If you live in California you should definitely call your local GS)

Good to know there are more out there releasing at midnight!

My GameStop just called me this morning to confirm that they will have a midnight release and they'll be distributing games by 11:30 PM CST. I'm so excited!

To be honest, I'm like some of you here. I never expected a midnight release for Fire Emblem, but I'm so hyped up I couldn't help but ask anyway. I still don't think very many people will show up for it like it's Pokemon or Smash Bros., but that just means I can get it all the sooner! :D I will be thoroughly surprised if I go there and see a long line waiting for Fire Emblem, but will be more pleasantly surprised than anything because that just tells me that, even though this is anecdotal, Fire Emblem has some respectable popularity in my city. :)

The Gamestop in my area is the only one here, and when I preordered my SE they told me I was lucky since they only had 3 slots left even though I went the day after it was announced in the direct, and they've had midnight releases before so I can only assume they will for Fates. I had class on Friday, and then work, and then a doctor's appointment so I won't be able to pick my copy up until Friday night unless I get some extra time between school and work and even then I wouldn't be able to play it. I kinda wish it would be released on Saturday instead so I don't have to be jealous of my friends the entire day. BUT I have the SE and they don't, so I guess that equals it out lol

Just called. My local Gamestop is indeed doing a midnight release, but when I asked about whether they had copies of the Special Edition that were for sale rather than pre-order, he said he hadn't heard anything about that...

I'm at near rock-bottom confidence about getting the SE.

Just called. My local Gamestop is indeed doing a midnight release, but when I asked about whether they had copies of the Special Edition that were for sale rather than pre-order, he said he hadn't heard anything about that...

I'm at near rock-bottom confidence about getting the SE.

Maybe try calling around? I heard Fry's is selling the SE, so if you could get to one of those maybe you could get one. Otherwise it looks like no SE or eBay.

The GS I preordered from is in a mall so midnight release is basically not happening for me. Doesn't matter though, since I don't have any method of transportation for getting there around that time. ;w;

My local GS isn't doing one sadly. Oh well. FE, though much more famous now than ever, still isn't that big in my area, though I suppose this is largely in part due to not living in an area filled to the brim with people like LA, NY, or Miami. That will be something that's going to change however once college rolls around as I'll be living in Worcester at the very least which is near Boston. If I get into my dream school that I wanna attend though, I'll be right in the heart of LA, which would be 10x as awesome but also painful if I were to continue ordering easily scalped Nintendo of America products.

Called my GameStop this morning, AND went in to confirm. Mine is indeed doing a midnight release: I'm gonna be headed straight there soon after I get up after resting from a night shift tomorrow night.

So is there any truth to those rumors I heard that Gamestops got more Special Editions, they're just not allowed to sell them as pre-orders?

Because if they're true, I'm gonna be first in line at midnight.

I don't know about GS, but on reddit someone said that he/she had the SE in his/her hands at Best Buy but they wouldn't let it be bought until Friday at opening. The actual SE were on the shelves though already. So maybe call your local BB, and if they have some, be the first person there.

I don't know about GS, but on reddit someone said that he/she had the SE in his/her hands at Best Buy but they wouldn't let it be bought until Friday at opening. The actual SE were on the shelves though already. So maybe call your local BB, and if they have some, be the first person there.

Hmm, I'll give that a try if I can't figure out with Gamestop. Thanks!

No midnight release here! Not surprised, because the last midnight release I remember was one of the Pokemon games.

Edited by eclipse