Does anyone else have a hard time choosing Nohr (conquest)?

Gerrigen

...Wait, what?! I'm confused now.

I noticed the guy was the Swordmaster class too, but you can't not seriously be saying that you think Ryoma was fighting against himself. Or is the scene different in Conquest? Also, how did you notice the Dragon's Vein thing if it's unnoticeable?

It's not Ryoma.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose Nohr back when I played in July to see the story first and such. What happened though was a curious result where I found it hard to choose Hoshido the second time because it would mean going against everyone I just spent the entire game with.

In that sense, it actually has a reverse effect. I found it harder to choose Hoshido over Nohr, because I played Nohr first. xD

I chose Nohr back when I played in July to see the story first and such. What happened though was a curious result where I found it hard to choose Hoshido the second time because it would mean going against everyone I just spent the entire game with.

In that sense, it actually has a reverse effect. I found it harder to choose Hoshido over Nohr, because I played Nohr first. xD

Yeah I do really think it's a matter of which you played first lol. It's easier to choose Revelation after playing Conquest than it is choosing Birthright, for example, because you don't necessarily get attached to the story but to your first-time experience with the characters and gameplay, I think.

Yeah I do really think it's a matter of which you played first lol. It's easier to choose Revelation after playing Conquest than it is choosing Birthright, for example, because you don't necessarily get attached to the story but to your first-time experience with the characters and gameplay, I think.

Much more! Though it's sad how they both hate on you. xD Back when I played it Revelation wasn't out either. so could only go the other way.

I believe it is immediately available for people with the Limited Edition though? (Still waiting for my LE to come in)

"Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening"

Come now, that shouldn't mean anything here. xD

EDIT: Thane's post. I swear I was going to post the same thing. xD

Edited by Kirokan

I didn't have a hard time at all...but that's cause I have the SE and am playing both stories side by side chapter for chapter before I'll do my playthrough through Revelations. Both scenes themselves though did make me feel kinda guilty though.

Accurate representation of what happens when choosing either side:

Lmao.

Will I feel bad inside? Probably a teensy bit, but I feel like it's only fair to choose Nohr first after witnessing full Hoshido playthroughs on YT a while back and wanting to go fresh into Nohr's story myself.

Lmao.

Will I feel bad inside? Probably a teensy bit, but I feel like it's only fair to choose Nohr first after witnessing full Hoshido playthroughs on YT a while back and wanting to go fresh into Nohr's story myself.

You will. Aside from maybe a handful of supports, it's the best written part of the entire game.

Let's be honest, people choose the route with their intended waifu/husbando.

The game gives you a million reasons why you should side with Hoshido. The only reason to side with Nohr is to avoid fighting the family you know, but Kamui expresses that desire when he sides with Hoshido anyway.

Nope. I knew from day 1, Nohr was for me.

No matter how much of an ass Garon may be and how the narrative may be the weakest of the three, the characters are by far way more compelling then the Hoshidans. The Nohrians are very different and have many layers that through support conversations can be discovered, case in point Charlotte and Camilla, two characters who were immediately judged because of their looks caused many people to disregard their opinions on their looks due to having great supports which really develop them as more then just 'boobs and ass'.

Also the gameplay is much better. I am a casual gamer that does like to grind, but not being able to do this does not deture me from the campaign.

Also, since this is also a major reason reason for joining Nohr, Niles, just Niles.

Camilla has great supports? Even for Charlotte a lot of people have said she has a good support with Marx but the others are repetitive.

Also, my case in point, it's all about dem waifus and husbandos.

You will never know the internal struggle of being a Nohrian Saizo fangirl.

Nohr

>Dat map design

>Dose varied chapter objectives

>Dat difficulty level

>Oboro is Waifu

latest5_zpspenmrewp.png

I want to marry Niles. I want to marry Lawslow. I want to marry Keaton. I want to marry Xander. I want to marry Leo. I want to marry Arthrur.

... Uh-oh. This is sounding a lot less like a decision being made about "what's right" and instead being made about "who's hot / interesting" (IMO, of course). *laughs*

I'd be the last to deny I'm a sucker for a good romance--heck, I write them for a living. But it somehow slipped my attention how much weight that had taken on in my level of preference between Hoshido /. Nohr.

Wow!

It's not Ryoma.

But then, the only other named Hoshidan royal Swordmaster I know of is... Oh damn. ._. That makes even less sense to me, but I suppose I'll learn it in time. Nobody spoil me.

Whenever someone talks about Fates' story, I'll be there.

No but seriously, I expect there'll be more threads like this; this one will drown out in the sea of comments and new threads that comes with the hype of a new game, and after a few weeks (maybe more, maybe less), the slow realization will dawn.

And some people will just straight up ignore it or not care, but hey.

Exactly what i was thinking when i saw this thread's title. The actual choice is nothing compared to what else Conquest has in store for you. I actually can't wait to see them threads from the Nohrians haha.

Wow. I chose Hoshido for the aesthetic. I'm the rarity then. .-.
You're not alone, i love the characters, style, designs, weapons and music. But then again, i am a sucker for anything japanese.

And Takumi is one of, if not the best character in the game imo. It baffles me when i see people hate him so strongly, their reasoning most of the time being his realism.

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

Takumi is the one who acts the most human yet the game wants us to think he's a jerk. I'll never understand that.

"How DARE you not trust the man/woman who's been living as a prince/princess in enemy territory all her life and has no memories of us?!"

I can only imagine how he must feel in Conquest.

Takumi: "See, nothing but trouble! They

stole a sacred artifact, killed our mother and now want to invade us!

"

The rest: "We have to get Corrin back from Nohr!"

Takumi: "Wait what?"

Edited by Thane

Let's be honest, people choose the route with their intended waifu/husbando.

The game gives you a million reasons why you should side with Hoshido. The only reason to side with Nohr is to avoid fighting the family you know, but Kamui expresses that desire when he sides with Hoshido anyway.

Camilla has great supports? Even for Charlotte a lot of people have said she has a good support with Marx but the others are repetitive.

Also, my case in point, it's all about dem waifus and husbandos.

It's rude to generalise as "waifu/husbando" because those terms have no meaning. You're basically saying that It's wrong for someone to pick the game with their favorite characters. I'm tired of seeing waifu and husbando as stock responses to people saying they like characters.

Edit: by similar measures, I'm tired of seeing people constantly knock down the story. Dislike the story or not, but people are free to appreciate it for what it is.

Edited by Ms. Andrews

Takumi is the one who acts the most human yet the game wants us to think he's a jerk. I'll never understand that.

"How DARE you not trust the man/woman who's been living as a prince/princess in enemy territory all her life and has no memories of us?!"

"

And Kamui wonders why he hates him.

And the game thinks we think he should apologize.

Edited by BruceLee

"

Just saying, if you watch the Conquest ending, it completely side tracks.

Takumi talks about how he wanted to call his nee-sama nee-sama but he just couldn't. Then he sacrifies his precious Fujin Yumi and reforms the broken Yato.

Conquest really fucked up Takumi.

I don't care about the narrative. The choice wasn't difficult at all for me.

Besides, Birthright isn't all that better, nor is Revelations.

Edited by Esme

I feel neutral about Takumi, in all honesty. It's kind of weird, actually. If I think about him as a unit with Leo, his sworn Bro, I quite like him. Alone, I just kind of shrug my shoulders.

If anything, I feel his role in the story would have been better suited for Hinoka, as one of the various threads on here was talking about. It would have made much more of an impact if Hinoka, the sibling who dedicated her life to rescuing her stolen sibling, would have ended up hating them for their betrayal and the realization that she had wasted the majority of her life for someone who would never be by her side. That would have been some dynamic character development.

Instead, it was given to Takumi who, while justified, doesn't really make me care. He didn't know Kamui. He didn't have the love nor the presumed bond that Kamui and Hinoka had so, if anything, he is the same as the common Hoshidan soldier that has a hate/dislike for Nohr.

Takumi is faceless in my eyes. Just because his rationale is reasonable doesn't mean I have to like him. I understand him--but I don't have to like him.