The magic triangle

DeSu

Magic ▲  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you use it?

• It barely registers. Nowhere near the importance of weapon ▲
    • Oh noes!!! Better avoid the ones with the advantage!
    • There is a magic triangle? I didn't even know.

I noticed that if there is like a bishop or something, I never think "Ohnoes! Better not send Canas that way!" or anything like that. Does the magic triangle affect you the way the weapon triangle?

It's never as important as the weapon triangle where using it effectively means surviving through several 20+ damage attacks while with the magic triangle you either don't do much damage to magic units with your own (FE6) so there's no reason to bother attacking them or they don't any to you (FE7) in which case you'd attack without giving a damn.

Edited by ThunderMan

I take notice to it, but it doesn't completely affect my unit choices. I don't use Canas much, even if he's the only Dark Magic user. On the other hand, I often use Lucius, even if Anima using enemies are more common than Dark using enemies. Anima, it's hard to avoid using an Anima user in this game. Erk, Priscilla, Pent, Nino, there's no escape!

I don't care about weapon triangle for magic, it doesn't affect hit rate that much and it barely changes damage. And your units are usually stronger then the enemies.

This this and this.

I generally don't rally use magic because sometimes I found

Enemy res>Enemy defense so yeah.

Resistance has always been a broken stat in the FE games. If my light magic user is attacking an anime magic user, he still doesn't take any damage in return (most the time.) The magic triangle doesn't really affect my decisions because I rarely have to weaken enemy magic units in order to not risk counterattacks. The three magic types only slightly differ in power, too.