Please tell me this isn't true... (Saizo/Beruka C Support)

Daniel Santos

Two hardened killers pass each other in a room. They stare, and stare, not mentioning a word. They don't need to - they see it in their eyes. Those dimness, the eyes that have seen blood, the eyes that flashed in the darkness before they made their strike. The eyes that were the last thing that enemies saw before they crossed. Those eyes only said one line...

"I've seen some shit."

Support level increase.

idk if you're joking but this is the actual train of thought I see here

especially because at the end of the support they both smile, meaning that they really understand each other

and even then, this is not some huge controversial thing imo. i mean, olivia and henry or donnel didn't get as much issue as this is seemingly getting right now

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saizou and Belka's C-support had a sizable bit of text, and that text actually spoke a lot more about their characters than a dumb "…" support did. What the fuck were you thinking, localization.

The more I watch it the more it feels like a placeholder all things considered.

idk if you're joking but this is the actual train of thought I see here

especially because at the end of the support they both smile, meaning that they really understand each other

and even then, this is not some huge controversial thing imo. i mean, olivia and henry or donnel didn't get as much issue as this is seemingly getting right now

Half joking. I just wanted to make a joke to lighten the mood.

The mental gymnastics people people are using to justify this is much funnier than Treehouses's poor attempt at "humor".

I'm pretty annoyed by this, especially since the two are my favorite characters. What kind of retard would decide "fuck characterization, let's just go for a cheap laugh." And if it's just a placeholder they forgot to remove, then this is more irritating because it shows that Treehouse is fucking terrible at tbeir jobs.

Treehouse is so inconsistent with this localisation. Cut out skinship? Boo. Keep the Live2D assets and dialogue in without the touching? Yay. No dual audio? Boo. Most of the voices are actually pretty good? Yay. Soleil's supports with M!Kamui and her S-Ranks in general downplay her bait-and-switch lesbianism? Yay. Whatever this is? Boo.

It's like a goddamn roller-coaster...

Two hardened killers pass each other in a room. They stare, and stare, not mentioning a word. They don't need to - they see it in their eyes. Those dimness, the eyes that have seen blood, the eyes that flashed in the darkness before they made their strike. The eyes that were the last thing that enemies saw before they crossed. Those eyes only said one line...

"I've seen some shit."

Support level increase.

Not nearly enough smut. Let me fix that for you.

Two assassins pass each other in a room. They stare, and stare, not mentioning a word. They don't have to, they can see the passion in each others eyes. He made her heart go badump badump. She made his heart go doki doki. They didn't know if they would survive the war but after meeting each other they realized the truth. Life without each other would be impossible.

Belka: ... (Your raging fire has melted my icy heart. It's making me wet.)

Saizo: ... (Your striking figure has made be a hardened killer.)

Belka: ... (Take me now! Ambush my most vulnerable spot!)

Saizo: ... (With pleasure! My kunai will strike true!)

Support Level Increase

At least that's how I interpreted those ellipses.

Edited by NekoKnight

Two assassins pass each other in a room. They stare, and stare, not mentioning a word. They don't have to, they can see the passion in each others eyes. He made her heart go badump badump. She made his heart go doki doki. They didn't know if they would survive the war but after meeting each other they realized the truth. Life without each other would be impossible.

Support Level Increase

mqdefault.jpg

Also, it's nice to see that your username and picture match now. You have no idea how long I've waited for you to do that :D

Support Level Increase

How can you be so insensitive?

Eyes should be eye.

Okay that's just dumb. Not gonna jump on the ''death to Treehouse'' bandwagon as I'm fine with nearly everything else I've seen from the localization, but that's gotta be their worst adaptational change.

Though it's not like it ruins the whole support either since, as many pointed out, the rest of their support route are pretty much the same.

How can you be so insensitive?

Eyes should be eye.

"He didn't need two eyes to see the depth of Belka's love"

Also, it's nice to see that your username and picture match now. You have no idea how long I've waited for you to do that :D

I aim to please.

Edited by NekoKnight

Support Level Increase

Ha take that censorship! lol

It does look like a placeholder, If it was an intended joke it would probably have been longer. The joke doesn't really work when it's so short.

Or it could have just been a poor localization choice.

I love how people are acting like their original C support was a life-changing experience that could right all the wrongs of the world

They just recognize each other as assassins from the other country and say they've killed people. That's it

There's being angry at quality content being cut and there's overreacting to something extremely minor being changed

I think the localized support really shows how taciturn and focused the two are while being amusing at the same time

.......I have no words (and neither do they apparently)

Actually I do...What did I just read? Oh wait I know, ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING!

Its a little funny, but still...WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS!?

I love how people are acting like their original C support was a life-changing experience that could right all the wrongs of the world

They just recognize each other as assassins from the other country and say they've killed people. That's it

There's being angry at quality content being cut and there's overreacting to something extremely minor being changed

I think the localized support really shows how taciturn and focused the two are while being amusing at the same time

It was also a comparison of how they felt about their work as assassins. Belka treats it with professional indifference but Saizo seems to have taken his actions to heart. You don't have to think that's amazing but it is characterization.

It was also a comparison of how they felt about their work as assassins. Belka treats it with professional indifference but Saizo seems to have taken his actions to heart. You don't have to think that's amazing but it is characterization.

it's pretty obvious in their other supports that Saizo is emotional and Beruka is almost robotic, their attitudes toward their professions don't require a few extra lines to figure out

it's pretty obvious in their other supports that Saizo is emotional and Beruka is almost robotic, their attitudes toward their professions don't require a few extra lines to figure out

And what does the nothing in this conversation accomplish? How is "Belka isn't much of a conversationalist" different from her other supports?

Edited by NekoKnight

Ever heard of expression "death by a thousand cuts"? One minor change here, another there, another there, and so on and so on, and the result of all these minor changes is far worse than what any of them on their own did.

If this was the ONLY bad change in the localization,or even the only completely altered support, people might not be so angry. But when there's a long, long list of removed or altered content, it adds up.

Besides, I cannot see how removing an entire conversation and replacing it with silent stares is better. It is quality content being cut, it was a solid support. The replacement was either a placeholder or someone's dumb attempt at a joke or meme.

Edited by XaosLogos