Please tell me this isn't true... (Saizo/Beruka C Support)

Daniel Santos

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's definitely a reference to Rath/Jaffar, it really wouldn't have been HARD to translate it properly... Well, at least the other ranks are unchanged. (And I'm not gonna pair them together sooooo yeah. Niles x Belka FTW.)

While it's definitely a reference to Rath/Jaffar, it really wouldn't have been HARD to translate it properly... Well, at least the other ranks are unchanged. (And I'm not gonna pair them together sooooo yeah. Niles x Belka FTW.)

The support Rath/Jaffar doesn't exist. It's just a troll/a joke.

And tell me, everyone... How can he have a revelation support conversation while Revelation isn't released ?

The support Rath/Jaffar doesn't exist. It's just a troll/a joke.

And tell me, everyone... How can he have a revelation support conversation while Revelation isn't released ?

SE owners already have Revelation.

Ever heard of expression "death by a thousand cuts"? One minor change here, another there, another there, and so on and so on, and the result of all these minor changes is far worse than what any of them on their own did.

If this was the ONLY bad change in the localization,or even the only completely altered support, people might not be so angry. But when there's a long, long list of removed or altered content, it adds up.

Besides, I cannot see how removing an entire conversation and replacing it with silent stares is better. It is quality content being cut, it was a solid support. The replacement was either a placeholder or someone's dumb attempt at a joke or meme.

This. If it wasn't for the whole removal fiasco, the poor attempt at humor, the removal of Dual Audio (people say it was due to legal reasons, but each day I grow more convinced that it was so they could reduce the Live2D dialogues and confessions), and the low quality of some voices (namely Effie and Setsuna), I wouldn't mind it as much.

I would still find it a poor attempt at being funny at the cost of characterization, but I would eventually forget about it. Like someone else said, it looks like they are doing that on purpose to see how much they can screw with this game and get away with it.

"........." That's Dragon for "Bad Localization".

Edited by Daniel Santos

Yet if people never knew of the original Japanese version nobody would be complaining at all

Stop calling the localization bad when it really isn't

Agreed. I also see people saying that this is the cherry on the cake for localization and it pushed them over the edge, but changes have been overwhelmingly positive.

I don't care about Dual Audio so that change doesn't affect me, the voice work is really great, best of course being Reina and Yukimura, skinshipping being replaced with conversations makes the mechanic less repetitive, as it would become tedious after a few chapters in the Japanese version, and a lot of dialogue and characters such as Peri or Soleil have been improved. I'd call this a good localization.

Yet if people never knew of the original Japanese version nobody would be complaining at all

This localization really isn't that bad

People are on red-alert after Awakening (I've seen some estimates say that, on average, every 3rd line in it was almost completely re-written).

People are going on about "death of a thousand cuts", but there really seems to be only about a dozen (and half of them are pinpricks). Considering how quickly we've turned all this stuff up, I doubt there's much left to find.

Do I prefer the Japanese version of this support? Yes.

Will I go stark raving mad? No.

This localization really isn't

You really think so? You think I would find the lame jokes funny or think the voices I mentioned sound "good" just because I never heard of the Japanese version? By your logic, the removal of the hightest difficult of Radiant Dawn is okay because people only complained because they knew about it. (It was also localized by Treehouse, what a coincidence)

I know almost nothing about the Japanese version but cut content not okay and if we don't complain about it right now this is never going to change and it is only a matter of time until they censor something that you would like. Stop saying the localization isn't bad when it really is.

Edit: for the record, I was never that bothered with changes they did with Awakening. I thought that some changes were unnecessary here and there but it was never that bad. Also, I actually found the Awakening dub BETTER than the Japanese one. Every single one of the voices were good while in Fates you can find quite a few voices that are not that good.

Edited by Daniel Santos

People are on red-alert after Awakening (I've seen some estimates say that, on average, every 3rd line in it was almost completely re-written).

People are going on about "death of a thousand cuts", but there really seems to be only about a dozen (and half of them are pinpricks). Considering how quickly we've turned all this stuff up, I doubt there's much left to find.

This. It's upsetting what they've removed, especially this support, but it doesn't make the rest of the good changes they've made suddenly awful all of a sudden. And sometime I feel like the rest of the changes are people being overly sensitive. PoR and RD didn't have Dual Audio, but nobody claims that makes them terrible; we just got spoiled after Awakening released with it.

Losing is fun ;)

Also, I don't know why people are saying that the localisation is objectively good or bad when the quality of a localisation is always a subjective matter. The localisation for Fates makes plenty of good changes and plenty of not-so-good changes, so let's just say that it's average; not good/outstanding or bad/god-awful and call it a day, yeah?

You really think so? You think I would find the lame jokes funny or think the voices I mentioned sound "good" just because I never heard of the Japanese version? By your logic, the removal of the hightest difficult of Radiant Dawn is okay because people only complained because they knew about it. (It was also localized by Treehouse, what a coincidence)

I know almost nothing about the Japanese version but cut content not okay and if we don't complain about it right now this is never going to change and it is only a matter of time until they censor something that you would like. Stop saying the localization isn't bad when it really is.

I could say this: recognize your own opinions as such and if you find no point in trying to argue them just politely disagree and move on.

Losing is fun ;)

Also, I don't know why people are saying that the localisation is objectively good or bad when the quality of a localisation is always a subjective matter. The localisation for Fates makes plenty of good changes and plenty of not-so-good changes, so let's just say that it's average; not good/outstanding or bad/god-awful and call it a day, yeah?

Basically, this.

Heck, what constitutes a good or bad change itself is subjective. I'm glad that they re-did Azama/Kagero and it doesn't focus on her breasts at the start and also really like the opportunities platonic S supports open up, but others may dislike them.

I personally like Camilla becoming a bit less Corrin-obsessed and straighter sexually, but others may not.

At the end the day, you have some people trying to objectively argue their own (subjective) opinions.

Edited by The DanMan

This. It's upsetting what they've removed, especially this support, but it doesn't make the rest of the good changes they've made suddenly awful all of a sudden. And sometime I feel like the rest of the changes are people being overly sensitive. PoR and RD didn't have Dual Audio, but nobody claims that makes them terrible; we just got spoiled after Awakening released with it.

But the PoR and RD audio WAS terrible.

Ultimately, it's up to the individual decide if they like the localization or not. I think it would be an exaggeration to say it's completely good or bad, however. I don't like this change but Soleil got some big improvements from the sound of it.

EDIT: Suzukaze'd by my evil and less handsome twin Phillius.

Edited by NekoKnight

I could say this: recognize your own opinions as such and if you find no point in trying to argue them just politely disagree and move on.

I said that in response to this:

Stop calling the localization bad when it really isn't

It wasn't an attempt to value my own opinion more than what it's worth or even disrespect him in any form. He changed his post to word it better and I didn't notice.

Edited by Daniel Santos

EDIT: Suzukaze'd by my evil and less handsome twin Phillius.

You forgot to mention incestuous, considering my OTP :D

Back on the subject, I can see what Treehouse was going for and I'll admit to finding it amusing. However, considering how controversial the localisation and changes have been, they really should've just stuck with what was written in the original version and just toned down the edginess darker aspects if they thought that it wasn't appropriate for it's rating.

Edited by Phillius

SE owners already have Revelation.

Yes, but they can't play it already. I think... Or my information are false ? Release date is for the 10th March... It'll be strange if SE owners can already play it...

Yes, but they can't play it already. I think... Or my information are false ? Release date is for the 10th March... It'll be strange if SE owners can already play it...

It's right there on-cart for the NA release.

It's right there on-cart for the NA release.

Huh. I do find it interesting that no Revelation topics have been made, but more likely than not the limited stock means that Special Edition people like don't use this site.

That or they want to play the other routes first.

I didn't read the entire thread, but I'm guessing it was removed for having a child assassin and what not, might not go over well with some people and all, that's my take away. Good or bad I'm for games sticking to their original, was the same way when fans complained and complained to bioware and they caved on their ending.

So....could it maybe just be a reference to the Rath/Jaffar support then?

That's what I thought as well.

Personally, I think it's funny.

EDIT: Changed words a tad so elitists don't hang me

Edited by AddictPunk

I love how people are acting like their original C support was a life-changing experience that could right all the wrongs of the world

They just recognize each other as assassins from the other country and say they've killed people. That's it

There's being angry at quality content being cut and there's overreacting to something extremely minor being changed

I think the localized support really shows how taciturn and focused the two are while being amusing at the same time

It wasn't a life changing experience, but it helped to set up the CONTEXT of the support chain. the C-support acts as an introduction to the 'plot' of the two character's interaction and should be focused on the highlights of their relationship. I'm not saying every one adheres to this, but It seems fair to say that the supports that are widely or unanimously considered good are telling a story that crosses a larger stretch of time, rather than one that's condensed into one meeting split over three supports.

it's pretty obvious in their other supports that Saizo is emotional and Beruka is almost robotic, their attitudes toward their professions don't require a few extra lines to figure out

They do if someone chooses NOT to do other supports for whatever reason. Perhaps it's reducing a character to their 'trait', but it's still important to have the meat of the character on display from part one.

Serious question for people that find the support 'funny': why? What does adding humor change that makes it acceptable over the original support?

I didn't read the entire thread, but I'm guessing it was removed for having a child assassin and what not, might not go over well with some people and all, that's my take away. Good or bad I'm for games sticking to their original, was the same way when fans complained and complained to bioware and they caved on their ending.

In that case, they could just change that one line and keep the rest of the dialogue, but it would still be silly and they need to remember that this game is rated "T". I also noticed a while back that the warning about "Alchohol References" present in Awakening's case is not in Fates'.

Edited by Daniel Santos