Please tell me this isn't true... (Saizo/Beruka C Support)

Daniel Santos

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That isn't actually a support tho, someone hacked FE7 to make that support.

Well crapbaskets guess I'll move outside my rock then.

Maybe they thought they were being funny or clever. I don't find it funny. This is something that could be considered a meme because, self explanatory. Oh yea, and it's not a real support.

Treehouse=internet troll 2016...

Eh, if my memory was correct the Beruka x Benny C-Support was more of "..." and less of actual dialogue.

The localized version still has those moments of silence, but there is more dialogue.

But if I'm wrong someone please tell me I don't like spreading misinformation

Oh, I see.

For a moment it made me think it was a case of the text strings being accidentaly (or not?) made to load elsewhere instead of being removed or edited. Hahaha...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So....could it maybe just be a reference to the Rath/Jaffar support then?

They could have done that reference in another support. As someone here posted, Her support with Benny was something like that, so why not move this reference to said support? According to the link that Minischew provided, the Saizo and Beruka's C Support actually had relevant information.

Also, the fact that Fire Emblem 7 was also localized by Treehouse and that you could end up wasting your limited support count with that lame conversation doesn't really help their case. (unless of course that was the same as the original script)

Edited by Daniel Santos

You know what... after reading the support, I take my old statement back. I actually somewhat like this change. It's almost as if before the two even "know" each other they still have are somehow able to understand each other due to their similar experinces and pasts as assassins for their respective kingdoms. Heck, it's even talked about in the rest of their supports which still remain pretty faithful (and IMO better in some ways).

Or I'm reading too much into this because I'm in extreme denial. That's a possibility too.

They could have done that reference in another support. As someone here posted, Her support with Benny was something like that, so why not move this reference to said support? According to the link that Minischew provided, the Saizo and Beruka's C Support actually had relevant information.

Also, the fact that Fire Emblem 7 was also localized by Treehouse and that you could end up wasting your limited support count with that lame conversation doesn't really help their case. (unless of course that was the same as the original script)

Again, that support DOES NOT actually exist in FE 7, that video is showing a hacked version of the game.

You know what... after reading the support, I take my old statement back. I actually somewhat like this change. It's almost as if before the two even "know" each other they still have are somehow able to understand each other due to their similar experinces and pasts as assassins for their respective kingdoms. Heck, it's even talked about in the rest of their supports which still remain pretty faithful (and IMO better in some ways).

Or I'm reading too much into this because I'm in extreme denial. That's a possibility too.

As dumb as this is, this is what I was thinking when watching it.

As dumb as this is, this is what I was thinking when watching it.

There's an old adage when it comes to storytelling; "Is this an exiting point of the character's life, and if not why are we not reading that?" A support conversation should be starting at the point where the two characters can at least TALK to each other, even if it's still awkward. Crap like this is flat out unacceptable and unless it turns out to have been a placeholder that wasn't fixed, is a disgrace to the team that localized this (and even then it's unprofessional as hell)...

That sounds contrived and pretentious as hell. You are in denial

I guess I really am the only one who's okay with this.

Being a Non-Conformist can be rather lonely at times

No, I think this is hilarious now. Especially the fact that the support ends with both of them smiling at each other.

That sounds contrived and pretentious as hell. You are in denial

Nah, the more I think about it the more I realize I'm okay with this. The B and A ranks are still the same and this isn't even the worst thing I've read before. Nothing can be as bad as the Japanese Elise x Camilla C-rank. NOTHING.

Edited by SageOfAnys

Why exactly are you okay with this, knowing that they've butchered an entire support line in the process?

Nah, I think it's funny too.

Thinking about it now, I kinda like it too. It is really funny imo.

Why exactly are you okay with this, knowing that they've butchered an entire support line in the process?

Because it's hallarious, I love humor, the B-S are unaltered, and I enjoyed reading the unlocalized version less than the localized one.

It's not butchered though...? No, seriously, here's the full localized support: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Fates_Supports/Saizo_Beruka

Also, (maybe just to me) it feels like they somehow achieved the point the C-rank was trying to get across without any words...

Because it's hallarious, I love humor, the B-S are unaltered, and I enjoyed reading the unlocalized version less than the localized one.

And that's the problem; the rest is unaltered and is lacking context thanks to the butchered C-support. Whether it was the intent or not, the fact remains that a support chain was disrupted to get a cheap joke.

Here's a crazy hypothetical thought what if this was their support all the way to S rank and they just got married and had a kid. How? The world may never know...

Amazing.

"DON'T YOU RUN FROM ME ...!"

That's why Asugi chose his name. Sorry... "..."

This is awful. Inexcusable. They replaced an entire conversation with just "..." AND the B and A supports continue as if the C support actually was like the Japanese one.

I can't imagine how anyone would think this was a good idea. Did someone think this would actually be funny? Removing an entire support for the sake of some poor attempt at a joke?

Goes to show how little Treehouse cared about the product they were working on. They would rather have a meme/joke instead of a meaningful conversation between characters. Some might find it funny in isolation, but considering they were supposed to actually have a conversation...