Lets take a moment to look at how badly the game treats Scarlet *Spoilers*

Pretty_Handsome

Felicia and Flora also get a mention for pissing me off since they're just kawaii maids instead of dealing with the Stockholm syndrome that is right there.

Felicia, sure, but Flora? She's got a sub-plot to herself about it on Conquest.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us also not forget the comparison between supports with female and male Corrin. Male Corrin gets some garbo-discussion where he isn't even that much into her hobby and somehow that results into love and marriage, while female Corrin gets a really sweet friendship with some deeper (and foreshadowing) stargaze-bonding.

I'll S-Support her in Birthright, because if I can't have her properly in Revelations, I'll have her in an alternate dimension. It hurts my soul to see such potential wasted, but at least my Effie is still aweso......oh... wait.

I agree with pretty much the whole topic. Scarlet deserved better (Much like she deserved Ryoma and his baby. I am still salty about this and how Dwyer can't have frosty blue hair and ice powers).

Her death in Conquest was unneeded and stupid, as was her death in Revelation. Like for some reason you can't support Gunter, who only leaves for one chapter, yet you can support Scarlet who you only have for 2 chapters, WTF?!

^Comes with the territory. Tailto was but a pawn in probably the biggest and shittiest Game of Thrones in Video Game History. And trust me, Tailto's not even the worst or most deserved (I can't wait to drive Gae Bolg up Travant's ass for what he did to Ethlin and Quan.) As bad as Scarlet's death is, what did Izana do to get killed in Revelation? I really want to use Izana (mostly because I sorta like Gotohs), but I can't in Revelation.

After reading this, I'm really glad I married her in Birthright. The support itself is very nice and Scarlet as Kanas mom is adorable. Plus, she's an absolute monster statewise, almost Ryoma good... Minus the Raijinto of course.

tbh why did they even have to kill anyone in Revelation

if it's supposed to be the "Golden Happy Fanservice as Fuck Route" why are people still dead

Also all 3 unavailable characters are the Kamuisexuals I care about :x

What i'm wondering is why they also only gave her supports with Corrin and Kanna. They could have given her more supports in Birthright atleast, where she doesn't die.

It's like they created her character just to shit on her.

Edited by BruceLee

I would gladly have traded Glasses Guy for Scarlet.

I'll weep for that Shiro with you, along with my non-existent blue-haired Dwyer with ice powers.

No way.
He's freking Lezard Valeth. D=

It's stupid how Birthright is the only route where she doesn't die.

Couldn't they have killed off Reina or someone else in the "canon" route?

0P2qHE.jpg

What do you have against her?

She makes a great Exorcist above all else for her Personnel which stacks along with her Moonlight spell.

pRPZCk.jpg

Plus she creates the best Kanna in the fucking game giving you yet another traditional Fire Emblem hero. I will never make Kanna have any other hair color. This one is just too awesome!

tbh why did they even have to kill anyone in Revelation

if it's supposed to be the "Golden Happy Fanservice as Fuck Route" why are people still dead

Also all 3 unavailable characters are the Kamuisexuals I care about :x

Because death can be used as a powerful tool in drama (I say *can* because Birthright and Conquest's use of character deaths is poorly considered). Revelation is already accused of being the perfect "nothing bad happens" route, it would only get worse if literally no one died. I will say that the game can stop shitting on Scarlet though, sheesh.

But if it's already the "nothing bad happens" route why not just go "fuck it" and go all the way? The deaths in rev just felt really pointless and shoehorned in for the sake of dying. Birthright and Conquest I at least expected both niichans to not make it out alive anyway. But I mean, Izana dying to get Takumi to join your party can be (credit to Sunwoo) circumvented by just, idk, Takumi wanting to keep an eye on this suspicious asshole going around with his baby sister, and Scarlet's death is just extra lobster pain that he didn't really need--but most of all it's just so unfair to them, as characters.

Like a character death isn't necessarily bad, and when executed really well can be good for the dead character in question as a character as well. This is just, not one of the cases. And if Revelations, on a more meta level, is already the fuck everything route anyway, might as well just go all the way and don't do it halfheartedly.

Edited by Thor Odinson

But if it's already the "nothing bad happens" route why not just go "fuck it" and go all the way? The deaths in rev just felt really pointless and shoehorned in for the sake of dying. Birthright and Conquest I at least expected both niichans to not make it out alive anyway. But I mean, Izana dying to get Takumi to join your party can be (credit to Sunwoo) circumvented by just, idk, Takumi wanting to keep an eye on this suspicious asshole going around with his baby sister, and Scarlet's death is just extra lobster pain that he didn't really need--but most of all it's just so unfair to them, as characters.

Like a character death isn't necessarily bad, and when executed really well can be good for the dead character in question as a character as well. This is just, not one of the cases. And if Revelations, on a more meta level, is already the fuck everything route anyway, might as well just go all the way and don't do it halfheartedly.

Scarlet's death does serve a purpose--it helps Corrin figure out who the traitor in their midst is. So there's that at least.

Izana's, on the other hand, was utterly pointless.

Yes what happened to her in Nohr was really fucked up. Camilla says something along the lines of ''they were putting on a display when they killed her''. Wtf am i supposed to imagine here? I don't like that one bit.

That may be true, but Corrin is definitely to blame, he's the one who put her in such a vulnerable position, you can't deny that.

This actually could have been a really fucking cool plot point, if we got to know the character better and the circumstances were a bit less...ummm...simplified. Its like they were going for a grim situation but missed the mark. It does little justice to the gravity of the character's role, and to the story overall.

Scarlet in Birthright, should be able to support people not named MU.

Scarlet's death does serve a purpose--it helps Corrin figure out who the traitor in their midst is. So there's that at least.

Izana's, on the other hand, was utterly pointless.

But that's my point

Dying for plot device moments is different than dying for moments that further own character--and as a player character she should be especially afforded more.

What i'm wondering is why they also only gave her supports with Corrin and Kanna. They could have given her more supports in Birthright atleast, where she doesn't die.

It's like they created her character just to shit on her.

That's what I'm wondering too. It makes no sense why Scarlet doesn't have more supports especially in Birthright and her deaths feel like they were done mainly for shock value. It really does feel like she was created to be a punching bag for the plot.

The character deaths/unavailability seems to pretty much be for the sake of increasing replayability for Fire Emblem Fates and to get more people to buy the other story paths. You already have to play at least twice to account for both gender variants of Corrin and Kana and you have to play all 3 routes for route exclusive supports.

And yeah, Revelation could have seen Yukimura, Izana, and Scarlet all playable if it were to truly be the "best ending" and "canon" route.

The character deaths/unavailability seems to pretty much be for the sake of increasing replayability for Fire Emblem Fates and to get more people to buy the other story paths. You already have to play at least twice to account for both gender variants of Corrin and Kana and you have to play all 3 routes for route exclusive supports.

And yeah, Revelation could have seen Yukimura, Izana, and Scarlet all playable if it were to truly be the "best ending" and "canon" route.

My guess is that they didn't wan't to make Revelations too ideal, so they pretty much wanted to make sure the story is still a bit dark. But they just have to go pick on my waifu (again).

My guess is that they didn't wan't to make Revelations too ideal, so they pretty much wanted to make sure the story is still a bit dark. But they just have to go pick on my waifu (again).

That could also be it since some people didn't like how Awakening handled some of the Spotpass characters.

Killing off Crimson and Izana in Revelations while making Yukimura unavailable seems like a half-assed attempt to give players some motivation to play the other two routes … except to get Revelations in the first place you need at least one of the two routes anyway, plus the only route in which you can get Crimson and Yukimura is Birthright. Izana and Crimson's deaths could've easily been written out of the plot, and if Yukimura was going to join in Birthright there's really no point in him not joining here.

If they were going to put the "golden path" behind some DLC paywall, they should've just given us everyone to begin with ;/

Killing off Crimson and Izana in Revelations while making Yukimura unavailable seems like a half-assed attempt to give players some motivation to play the other two routes … except to get Revelations in the first place you need at least one of the two routes anyway, plus the only route in which you can get Crimson and Yukimura is Birthright. Izana and Crimson's deaths could've easily been written out of the plot, and if Yukimura was going to join in Birthright there's really no point in him not joining here.

If they were going to put the "golden path" behind some DLC paywall, they should've just given us everyone to begin with ;/

Or they could have put in prerequisites for permanent recruitment similar...

... to how Corrin needs to have at least an A-rank support with Kaze if players want Kaze to be alive after Birthright Ch. 15.

That's what I'm wondering too. It makes no sense why Scarlet doesn't have more supports especially in Birthright and her deaths feel like they were done mainly for shock value. It really does feel like she was created to be a punching bag for the plot.

I blame it on laziness. She got the short stick as they focused on the kids.

• 3 months later...

They treat Glen pretty bad in Sacred Stones, they treat Astram poorly in shadow dragon as well and they also waste Geoffrey, Volke, Sothe and Bastian in Radiant Dawn. Oh! And Raven isnt given much to work with either.

Edited by Lance-a-lot

They treat Glen pretty bad in Sacred Stones, they treat Astram poorly in shadow dragon as well and they also waste Geoffrey, Volke, Sophe and Sebastian in Radiant Dawn. Oh! And Raven isnt given much to work with either.

None of these guys are treated worse than Scarlet throughout all three paths of Fates. Minus Glen, none of the above characters are killed off by the plot in their own games at the very least (who the heck are Sophe and Sebastian anyway), and Raven gets a decent ending for an FE7 character at the very least. Glen was never playable, and his situation is honestly no different than FE8 Selena's, FE7 Lloyd and Linus's, and any other sympathetic and reasonable villain who was killed off despite being sympathetic.

Scarlet is a character in a game that is literally split into three parts. She is a normal playable character in one game, but has very limited supports and can only support the player character. She can't even support the guy she canonically has ties to (Ryouma) in the path where she lives. In Conquest, she is a one-chapter boss character who is said to be horribly killed as an example at the end of the chapter. And in the "golden path", she is once again killed off after being a guest character for two chapters. Scarlet is the only character besides Azura who dies in more paths than she lives.

Hence, not the same situation.

Edited by Sunwoo