Worth training unit?

Ngtunganh

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw HinĂ¢t and Hana,who better?

Hana is good for Hit and Run Tactics, but you gotta be more reliant on the Weapon Triangle defensively

Hinata is good for Tanking, unfortunately he won't do much damage.

Summary

Hana (Fragile Speedster)

Hinata (Stone Wall)

Btw HinĂ¢t and Hana,who better?

For main game Hinata is better than Hana pretty easily. Hinata is able to orko a lot of stuff at base with tonics and Setsuna/Oboro, has really good bulk, and doesn't eat up some of the early exp that units need.

Sorcerer does have crit bonuses though. If you want to go with that build.

Arthur isn't that bad based on my (short) experience. A Effie pair up helps minimize risk with the defense bonus.

I didn't see it as worth mentioning since I'm not exactly fond of most weapon locked classes, for one, and second, I don't see it as a game-changer.

Benoit isn't worth for sure, but Effie is, you have her from the very start and on chapter you'll get Benny(Benoit) he'll be underleveled comparing to the Effie, also Effie have better passive to OHKOing.

I'm curious about this. Why do you think Benoit isn't worth it? I'm using him and his an utter beast. This may be because I didn't use Effie as much as other players (I know she's good though).

Edited by ChaosFox

I'm curious about this. Why do you think Benoit isn't worth it? I'm using him and his an utter beast. This may be because I didn't use Effie as much as other players (I know she's good though).

Both are good, but Benny is simply outclassed by Effie. Personally whenever game will come to EU i'll use Benny, just because i can. :P

But let's be honest there, Effie is less tankier (still can take ALOT) but she have much easier OHKO'ing enemies.

Both are good, but Benny is simply outclassed by Effie. Personally whenever game will come to EU i'll use Benny, just because i can. :P

But let's be honest there, Effie is less tankier (still can take ALOT) but she have much easier OHKO'ing enemies.

Ah I see. Thanks for giving your opinion. Though I still prefer Benny for his tankiness (especially with Beruka as his wife) and I like his personality more then Effie's.

So I choose Hinata then.Hana has very low def,she alway get killed by feel hit

When it comes to Swordmasters, you kind need someone with high strength, skill, and speed. Hinata has better early game stats, but really poor growths that are needed for a powerful Swordmaster (of course, some of the speed problems can be fixed with support and a speed potion). Hana is a straightout glass cannon with low HP and defenses, but will hit really hard. Strength and Speed as a stat has better scaling than HP (particularly for Swordmasters).

Overall, comparing Hinata and Hana is a similar to comparing to Subaki and Hinoka. The male character has better luck growths and puts more emphasis on being tanky while the female has better speed growth and better hard hitters. Considering how the enemies in Birthright tends to have lower stats than Conquest, it's doesn't make much difference between using either Hinata or Hana (but it does in Revelations route though).

As for worth training units, here are some that I can think of:

Felicia

Charlotte

Effie

Mozu (providing if you have strategy and patience to train her)

Saizo (one of the very few good "hybrid" characters)

Hayato

Oboro

Hana

Laslow

Selena

all of the royal siblings

Edited by Dark Paladin X

I've actually been able to make a lot of use out of Odin and Arthur in Conquest Hard/Classic despite the fact that everyone seems to look down on them. I've never really had much of a problem with Arthur's crit-magnet ability, I mean he's got so much health that a crit usually won't do him in anyway... I've packed him with a bunch of different types of axes and clubs, so he usually has something that'll get the job done. He was easily able to tank a room of Samurai with the life or death ability after I paired him with Effie and gave him a dual club. 25% crit chance is nothing to sneeze at, and I'm sure it'll be even more nuts later. He's great for pair ups and his accuracy usually isn't that bad as long as he's around other units.

I got a disrobing gale for Odin which really helps his ability to double. I might've just gotten lucky with his levels, though, because by the time I got Nyx, his stats were better than hers in almost every way, she just had one more magic point. He is technically outclassed, though, because he's obviously meant to become a Dark Knight thanks to his strength growths, but you get Leo, sooo... whatever. I still like using him, and he's been quite handy for me.

Ah I see. Thanks for giving your opinion. Though I still prefer Benny for his tankiness (especially with Beruka as his wife) and I like his personality more then Effie's.

No probem, but also get on that some enemies won't attack unit when they won't deal ANY damage, this might be more bothering than helping sometimes.

I've actually been able to make a lot of use out of Odin and Arthur in Conquest Hard/Classic despite the fact that everyone seems to look down on them. I've never really had much of a problem with Arthur's crit-magnet ability, I mean he's got so much health that a crit usually won't do him in anyway... I've packed him with a bunch of different types of axes and clubs, so he usually has something that'll get the job done. He was easily able to tank a room of Samurai with the life or death ability after I paired him with Effie and gave him a dual club. 25% crit chance is nothing to sneeze at, and I'm sure it'll be even more nuts later. He's great for pair ups and his accuracy usually isn't that bad as long as he's around other units.

I got a disrobing gale for Odin which really helps his ability to double. I might've just gotten lucky with his levels, though, because by the time I got Nyx, his stats were better than hers in almost every way, she just had one more magic point. He is technically outclassed, though, because he's obviously meant to become a Dark Knight thanks to his strength growths, but you get Leo, sooo... whatever. I still like using him, and he's been quite handy for me.

Don't really have much to say about Odin, but in the case of Arthur, I suppose you have a point. Whilst one crit might not do him in, his status as a critical hit magnet makes exposing him to more than one enemy unit a very big gamble...

No probem, but also get on that some enemies won't attack unit when they won't deal ANY damage, this might be more bothering than helping sometimes.

Yeah I know. However it can help from keeping a horde of ninja at bay. (Really helpful in chapter 17 when equipped with a javelin.)

At chapter 17 in Conquest and I already have three goddess icons. Arthur should be fine as long as you stay clear of crit classes (who crit everyone anyways).

Anyone have any luck with Laslow and Peri? Based on my experience they're a bit weak due to low speed and defenses.

Both Laslow and Peri are fine when given a starting speed boost from Guard Stance. Peri grows out of it eventually thanks to her growths and she is a pretty good unit from there. Laslow never really grows out of it unfortunately, but he does pretty well with an early promotion(I did a lvl 15). Ninja Las is a thing, but the slog from E-C is terrible for him. Both are pretty redundant and don't really add anything though. At least Peri has a horse.

At chapter 17 in Conquest and I already have three goddess icons. Arthur should be fine as long as you stay clear of crit classes (who crit everyone anyways).

That's true, I guess - as long as you don't make him a berserker, which would leave him with practically no crit evade.

Oh Dlc come tomorrow right

I heard that you only can pre-order it but have to wait until 26/2 to use

The Dread Scroll DLC won't be coming out until 3/17, but the DLC Classes are permanently added to the Heart Seal list of classes a unit has.

Regarding Laslow, class changing is probably the best option. I gave him the Lodestar class and he's been an absolute beast since, but Dread Fighter could probably also work for him since it gives even better Speed growth than Lodestar.

In Conquest, I found that the Royals, Effie and Keaton turned out the best with not too much investment at the most, both from my personal experience and from what I've read from other comments. I've also had really good luck with Kaze since he's has great Res (making him a good Mage killer/lure) and a good debuffer, though his fragility could be a bit worrisome at times.

But dread scroll is limited so don't want to waste it

tbh I didnt find anyone else to be a good dread fighter. Its kinda a meh class, though a good friend of mine had some good class changes I admire, so i usually follow in his footsteps. Like making Azura a great lord as well.

tbh I didnt find anyone else to be a good dread fighter. Its kinda a meh class, though a good friend of mine had some good class changes I admire, so i usually follow in his footsteps. Like making Azura a great lord as well.

On that note, I've seen some people recommend Azura as a Great Lord, but personally, I fail to see the appeal...