Any recommendations on Item Boosts?

SJthehero

Hello, I am still on my first play through of the game, and I was wondering if I should give certain stat boost items to a particular character, or just to ones who I see could use the stat boost. I am on Chapter 14 at the moment. I didn't use them in the start, and now that I lost the ones I got in the first part of the game, I decided to consider on finding out who to use them on, instead of saving them for some dumb reason and never using them. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I usually hold on to them until near the end of the game so that I know who my main team will be, this could save you a lot of bother if you're doing a no restart run but if you're trying to play through without using units you can still try that method.

I would give dragon shields to Lucius and Lyn due to their low defense.

There is an item later in the game called "boots" which increase the amount of area a unit can move in one turn, give that to Hector or Oswin.

I would give speed wings to the lord who is falling behind in speed the most and axe wielders (except Dart who is not only the fastest axe user but also has speed growths similar to Lyn).

Goddess Icons don't benefit that much but you can give them to units that rely on getting crits to win like thieves and myrmidons.

Edited by Kevlar

Goddess Icons don't benefit that much but you can give them to units that rely on getting crits to win like thieves and myrmidons.

Just a quick correction: critical chance is based on Skill and not Luck, so it is actually Secret Books that would boost you crit chance, although only by 1% so not really worth it IMO (they also provide a +4 to Hit, which is considerably more useful for axe users). Goddess Icons give +2 Luck, which essentially just means +2 Avoid (you also get +2 Dodge for avoiding critical hits, but this is rarely an issue in this game).

Hello, I am still on my first play through of the game, and I was wondering if I should give certain stat boost items to a particular character, or just to ones who I see could use the stat boost. I am on Chapter 14 at the moment. I didn't use them in the start, and now that I lost the ones I got in the first part of the game, I decided to consider on finding out who to use them on, instead of saving them for some dumb reason and never using them. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

The Energy Ring and Seraph Robe in Lyn Mode are lost if you don't use them, so give them to units like Sain, Florina, Kent or whatever Lyn Mode unit you're using in the long term.

The rest of the stat boosters can be used whenever you notice your units need a certain boost on stats, like if your main offense unit is lacking in ORKOing enemies, or if your main unit (do not read explicitly as Lord) needs better durability. By main unit I refer to the unit that basically deals with the most part of the map, for example.