3DS Capture Cards - Any Recommendations?

Colonel M

So something that has been on my mind for a while - I want a 3DS capture card (or a port extension to record via computer). I do know that these exist and are made by various people, but I wanted to ask anyone here if they have had any positive (or even negative) experience with any of them? I'm really wanting to buy one, but I'm not really sure where to start as far as trusting a potential third party for a capture card or anything of the sort.

Hey! I actually have two friends who stream with their 3DS and/or have good knowledge of recording equipment in general, I'll link the two of them to your thread and hopefully they'll respond with some advice.

Edit: Thanks, Mel!

Edited by Tangerine

So I got my capture card from these guys:

http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/

It's pretty good, works well, no issues yet (it's been about a month since I got it) and the software was easy to set up

The only issues are that they're hella expensive and have a huge waiting list.

It's like $300+ US for stuff. You can send in your 3DS to make it cheaper but the wait really is long. I ordered mine back in July last year and got it only last month.

It was worth it for me, as a content provider and streamer, so I don't regret it, but it's a big expense.

So think about it and take your time.

Currently, I think they're the only ones making them, because the US maker of capture cards stopped late 2014. So it's them or nadda :E

Edited by Snake Mom

So I got my capture card from these guys:

http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/

It's pretty good, works well, no issues yet (it's been about a month since I got it) and the software was easy to set up

The only issues are that they're hella expensive and have a huge waiting list.

It's like $300+ US for stuff. You can send in your 3DS to make it cheaper but the wait really is long. I ordered mine back in July last year and got it only last month.

It was worth it for me, as a content provider and streamer, so I don't regret it, but it's a big expense.

So think about it and take your time.

Currently, I think they're the only ones making them, because the US maker of capture cards stopped late 2014. So it's them or nadda :E

Not necessarily.

http://3dscapture.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=890&start=80#p11311

Loopy and Merki (the European partner) will be open for business again in March. The capture board cost will also be down slightly from before, about 50 dollars less.

Edited by shadowofchaos

For now, that's correct though. It's katsukity or nothing until Loopy starts making them again. I might cancel my katsukity order if Loopy comes back up.

If Loopy is back by the time my tax return comes I'll go towards them. Else if either company has either pre-installed onto a 3DS (XL) I will gladly order it.

Thanks for the input everyone!